• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 headlights... anyone ever black it out?

was thinking of doing this because the headlights are so chromy...
3053634046_b6ab16eb07.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

opinions?

Last edited:
With the right color it'll be bad@$$. Thought of it before I went for the NSX-R headlights. There's a picture NSX with black 02 headlight on prime somewhere. I'll try to post picture when I'm back from my travels, pretty sure I got a copy in my home computer.

I'm waiting for my matte black headlights to return from Clearcorners........

Well... i made a poll, to gather opinions, with some layouts.... my conversion went south due to some insurance company problems and i had to stick with stock look for now.... but i'll do it :wink:

go check it out.

awesome :D i really like the blacked out look

featcarB01.jpg

took this from clear corners... could someone photoshop it to be a black nsx?

I'm waiting for my matte black headlights to return from Clearcorners........

I can't wait to see these headlights, a while back I wanted to carbon fiber the housing and dark smoke clear coat.

You were right with the matte black taillights, looks awesome.

While we are photochoping.....lets see it on a red car also!!!! :biggrin:

I can post pics of them Sunday. The guy I'm testing the LED taillights on has blacked out 02+ headlights. He has a red NSX with the 02+ front end conversion. IMO, the blacked out headlights are way better then the silver/chrome combo.

Last edited:
I still think I will work better on some body color only. I guess black body color would look wicked! Red would be nice I guess. But pretty sure white body color or 'lighter body color' won't cut it- reason I opted against the black headlight during my conversion.

Looks great on the red and orange cars so far.

I'm not sure how it would look on a black car like mine...might be too much black.

But something to look into for sure! lol

Having a black one myself, I think it would look nice on a black car. However, maybe you should consider going all the way and getting a pre '02, and just hide 'em away when not in use.

Sorry, so sorry, couldn't resist.:biggrin:

WOW ! DING DING DING.. blacked out 02s are sick

That, my friends, is SWEET! The black wheels, side skirts and those lights set it off nicely! I also like how the metal on the base of the mirrors compliments the polished lip on the wheels.

Nate in DC

Last edited:
Well... i made a poll, to gather opinions, with some layouts.... my conversion went south due to some insurance company problems and i had to stick with stock look for now.... but i'll do it :wink:

go check it out.

This is fucking awesome right here
NSX_RED-FULL_BLACK.jpg

Back