• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 headlights... anyone ever black it out?

7copy.jpg
This is badass on so many different levels.

At some angles it kinda reminds of the 98/99 3000GT. Other than that though it looks awesome! Nice chop, but I wanna see a real one with a better angle and close up.

If you have a black NSX, you NEED to do this mod.

I think Evo575's NSX would look even sexier with black headlights just like this.

its very tempting to do the black headlights.
I ran along with a blacked out Ford GT yesterday during my commute out and that thing looked MEAN!

i may have to let my gold rims go too for a set of glossy black rims to pull off that darth vader look.

I have been debating this as well. The blacked out headlights look good, but I have been also leaning toward color matching with my car (Red). My only issue is with the upper portion of the headlight closest to the hood. The OEM silver or NSX R white hides the lines above the turn signals better. A darker color, like red or black, may show those lines better. Another example taken from clear corners website.

B510P_03.jpg

I ran along with a blacked out Ford GT yesterday during my commute out and that thing looked MEAN!

i may have to let my gold rims go too for a set of glossy black rims to pull off that darth vader look.

Go for it!:wink: Before repainting my car white, I was considering painting my car black so that I can get the headlight in black(matt black) option. With the right wheels...:cool::cool:

I have been debating this as well. The blacked out headlights look good, but I have been also leaning toward color matching with my car (Red). My only issue is with the upper portion of the headlight closest to the hood. The OEM silver or NSX R white hides the lines above the turn signals better. A darker color, like red or black, may show those lines better. Another example taken from clear corners website.

Are you referring to the upper portion(?), this would be under the hood. So in that respect won't be obvious with the hood close.

no man, keep the gold rims. I love them. Especially how the gold contrasts with the aqua-colored brake calipers.

I was thinking about getting the mag blue volk te37's...I wonder if color matching the lights kinda like these would look good on my black car. Might be kinda cool.

I'm not a fan of the blacked out lights on the black car..unless you do the rims, tint, etc etc (like the car above, I think it's decent). Gotta go all the way.

Go for it!:wink: Before repainting my car white, I was considering painting my car black so that I can get the headlight in black(matt black) option. With the right wheels...:cool::cool:

Are you referring to the upper portion(?), this would be under the hood. So in that respect won't be obvious with the hood close.

The the upper left hand corner of the picture, right above the turn signal. Looks hazy to me. I guess I'm being picky.

I was thinking about getting the mag blue volk te37's...I wonder if color matching the lights kinda like these would look good on my black car. Might be kinda cool.

I'm not a fan of the blacked out lights on the black car..unless you do the rims, tint, etc etc (like the car above, I think it's decent). Gotta go all the way.

Go for it and post pictures!!!!:cool:

If you have a black NSX, you NEED to do this mod.

I think Evo575's NSX would look even sexier with black headlights just like this.

Very cool......Should have came from the factory that way!!!!!!!!!

Would someone do a red version photshop please?????? thks:smile:

This is fucking awesome right here
NSX_RED-FULL_BLACK.jpg

Well tell us how you really feel!!! LOL!!!! Lets see this with red matching lights too!!! This looks like a new type r with a twist.....very cool!!!!:cool:

Here it is in a full Red theme:
NSX_RED-FULL_RED.jpg

Here it is in a Red NSX-R Theme:
NSX_RED-RED.jpg

:wink:

Tweak the colors a bit , I ain't feeling the red like the black...It may be harder to photochop the red.....keep trying
. This is a great and not too expensive mod. Could be a great new trend!!!:biggrin:

Tweak the colors a bit , I ain't feeling the red like the black...It may be harder to photochop the red.....keep trying
. This is a great and not too expensive mod. Could be a great new trend!!!:biggrin:
the problem with the red is that with a clear lens on top, it appears to be a "weacker" color... more bright....it's hard to photoshop it... the black it's a lot easier...
i have photos of a OEM headlight with both looks, i'll try to find them and post here later today:wink:

ENSSEX said:
who does these headlights in matte black????..what about the turn signals??..how can they be done in black when they need to emit orange....
i really don't like the look of the clear lens that clearcorner uses on the turnlight... so, IMO, there are two possible options:
- remove the oem lens, paint all black and insert a orange bulb only
or
- remove the oem lens, paint all black, smoke the oem orange lens black and reinstall with a clear bulb or orange one.

That light is silverstone reflecting a blue color.

These lights are blue :biggrin:

DSCF0711.jpg

I don't like that look at all..looks cheap... the CC's look doesn't do it for me either....however the all black look is real nice just need to figure out a way to have the lense black

That light is silverstone reflecting a blue color.

These lights are blue :biggrin:

DSCF0711.jpg

Last edited:
Back