• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 Acura NSX with only 2209 Miles

Was looking for a low mileage NSX and ran across this.

I know this car has only 2K miles but is it really worth $77K? Seems a bit overpriced.

From the article:
Clean Acura NSX cars are hard to come by but one with only 2209 Miles is like finding a unicorn, this black 1992 Acura NSX is just that super rare clean with almost showroom new miles. This is perhaps the cleanest NSX we have seen to date. The 77K asking price is a little steep but that should not be an issue for a collector, and this car should only go up in price anyway.

83 pictures and details

As is often said, the market is what someone is willing to pay for a given item. This car was listed a week ago at 86K and did not sell. Will it sell at 77K, hard to say but it only takes a single buyer. I like to approach the question from a different angle and that is to see what is actually selling in today's market, and on that front it appears that the clean lower mileage early (pre-2001) cars are moving at between 30-48K. The lower the mileage the higher the price within that range. I have yet to see anything sub 10K mile sell so I too am curious what that part of the market looks like.

Good find, the pictures were worth saving to show how a NSX looked when new, and showing all accessories available. In addition to needing new tires, brake fluid flush, coolant replacement and coolant hose replacements, it's now due for three timing belt changes. ;<)

The only ones around $70K that seem to have sold are super low mileage 02+ models. Hard to believe this one will sell at $70K+ even with only 2200 miles. I would say $50K tops.

Last edited:
The car is already bid to $66,200 and still has 3 days to go on Ebay.

The required opening bid was $66k and it originally had a BIN of $77k. The two successive bids only went up $100 each.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first few bids are somehow connected to the sale.

I'm no mechanic, but if this car has not been driven and has been sitting around for 22 years, you are going to have to replace all the hoses, etc. Cars don't like to sit around. I would figure out what it will take to make this car safe and dependable to drive and add that to your price, so you get a realistic cost for the car. If you are a collector, go for it. If the purpose is to find a great, fun, dependable car, save a ton of money and buy a car you like that has been driven and cared for mechanically. IMO.

I'm no mechanic, but if this car has not been driven and has been sitting around for 22 years, you are going to have to replace all the hoses, etc. Cars don't like to sit around.

Like the 1991 with under 3000 miles that I found in Miami 4 years ago... had sat for 18 years... guy in NC ended up buying and rehabbing it and then it went to Switzerland
There is a thread or two here on Prime about it
Brake lines had broken down, fuel had varnished, rubber hoses looked new but were 20 years old so they were replaced, TB/WP/ etc
The cleanest "showroom" NSX I have ever seen...outside of a dealer floor... still had the talc on the seals from the factory
aside from being stored improperly, it was a concours level example

Given all the work this car would need to bring its maintenance up to snuff, I'd say 55K would be all the money.

Sure would love a few No Longer Available parts from that example to spruce up my year-one BB NSX, but I doubt I could afford them.

Like the 1991 with under 3000 miles that I found in Miami 4 years ago... had sat for 18 years... guy in NC ended up buying and rehabbing it and then it went to Switzerland
There is a thread or two here on Prime about it
Brake lines had broken down, fuel had varnished, rubber hoses looked new but were 20 years old so they were replaced, TB/WP/ etc
The cleanest "showroom" NSX I have ever seen...outside of a dealer floor... still had the talc on the seals from the factory
aside from being stored improperly, it was a concours level example

Wow, good to know.

The problem with cars like this is that you basically have to keep them low mileage to retain their value. The second you start driving them they, in this case, would just become another nice '92 NSX.

The problem with cars like this is that you basically have to keep them low mileage to retain their value.

Exactly why I decided to pass on that 1991 and went with a well-kept 2000 w/ 16,500K miles

I wanted an NSX to drive around some.. and not be overly-concerned with every single mile

Back