• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2003 Lease

I've been getting close to trading in my 98 on an 02 when, lo and behold!, I spotted the news on the 03 lease incentive. Has anyone else decided to take the plunge on this? Any opinions? I'm wondering what this incentive does to the 02 models given that I had been considering an 02 lease.

I noticed that the 03 lease mentioned "limited availability" and I also noticed that the auto has been designated as "special order". Im going to talk to the dealer tomorrow and see if it would actually be possible to order an 03 auto under the lease incentive.

Check it out:
http://www.acura.com/eacura/eacura_frameset.asp?page=purch_specials&url=http://www.eacura.com/AllSpecials.asp

discuss...
smile.gif

Im thinking REALLY seriously of pulling the trigger on this if they can get me an auto...

Maybe I should visit Acura of peabody. hehe
btw Nimbus I left a post at "northeast region" for you

Originally posted by Nimbus:
The red NSX at Acura of Peabody is a 2002, so the '03 lease does not apply.

Yeah, and it's got the "wood trim" that doesn't appear on any of the pictures they display. Go figure, maybe it's the "Emperor's Wood Trim" a very expensive option!!! LOL

Wow - that sure seems like a very tempting deal.

I will bet those are better terms than most high-end luxury car leases.

It's definitely a buyer's market when it comes to brand-new NSXs...

Only drawback is that with a lease one doesn't have the flexibility for mods.

SPOOKYB

Depending on the mileage allowance-that is a
fantastic deal-very very close to the 02
prices that were recently discussed.

Btw--local Acura dealer has a blue automatic 03.

The salesman I am dealing with is away for
2 weeks-so if you get some more particulars
let us know--residuals etc-

The 02 leases previously discussed did include all sales/use taxes

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Only drawback is that with a lease one doesn't have the flexibility for mods.

Unless you are willing to buy the car at the end of the lease term, or pay to have the car restored to stock.

I would imagine that some mods are considered acceptable when turning the car in...?
confused.gif
Granted, you would lose your investment in them, but chances are that you wouldn't get anything back for many mods when you sell the car anyway.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 March 2003).]

Originally posted by PFORPAUL:
SPOOKYB

Depending on the mileage allowance-that is a
fantastic deal-very very close to the 02
prices that were recently discussed.

The mileage allowance for the '03 lease special is 7500 miles/year, 39 months.

My guys sales mgr just quoted me 849.00 with
12 k per year 1870.62 due at signing-this
includes NJ tax

Will negotiate very very little from here.
money factor is .00070 versus the normal range of .oo300 to .00405 Residual is $55004 and the cap cost is $82,318.

They have a silver/silver with ny name on it
and a blue/onyx. Now to quickly sell my
BMW conv.98 328i red/blk 67k mi-They will
trade at 16,000

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Unless you are willing to buy the car at the end of the lease term, or pay to have the car restored to stock.

Yeah I agree those would be the instances where modding a leased car may make sense.

In fact, I know of people who do exactly what you described. They lease cars, put mods on them, and then sell the mods to convert back to stock trim right before returning the cars at lease's end.

I wonder what the lease company would say if someone returned a car with a high-boost turbocharger slapped on it!

My guys sales mgr just quoted me 849.00 with
12 k per year 1870.62 due at signing-this
includes NJ tax

Will negotiate very very little from here.
money factor is .00070 versus the normal range of .oo300 to .00405 Residual is $55004 and the cap cost is $82,318.

They have a silver/silver with ny name on it
and a blue/onyx. Now to quickly sell my
BMW conv.98 328i red/blk 67k mi-They will
trade at 16,000

Thanks for the info. Just to make sure, your lease numbers are for '03 right? Can you please tell me the name of the dealership and who to contact? One of my friend is still looking for either a white or blue.

This is not a DEALER program- it is an ACURA
special. Very low money factor.The program is
available at all dealers. Just start calling to find the color you want.THE PROGRAM just
started on the 1st of march-so make sure you
are talking to a person who reads his mail!

PFORPAUL, where is that dealer? If they have a blue/onyx auto I'll do the deal next week... Worst case scenario is Ill drop my 98 on a wholesaler.

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 03 March 2003).]

This is not a DEALER program- it is an ACURA
special. Very low money factor.The program is
available at all dealers. Just start calling to find the color you want.THE PROGRAM just
started on the 1st of march-so make sure you
are talking to a person who reads his mail!

I understand it is an American Honda Finance program, but not all dealerships are willing to participate. For Example, Greenwich Acura holds many new NSX's each year and they refuse to participate in any low cap cost leases. So if you already talked to a willing dealer, it would be nice to share so we can cut to the chase.

Greenwich in CT gave me the thumbs up on this one... I was emailing Marshall back and forth re: the 02 Monaco Blue auto they had, but it sold over the weekend. We were chatting today and I brought up the lease. They are participating, but they said it has to be this month and has to be a car that is already destined for dealer inventory.

They felt my chances at an 03 auto were slim, and I tended to agree, until PFORPAUL mentioned that dealer in NJ! I may be back in business!

Ocean Acura in Ocean twp NJ may still have a
Monaco blue Automatic-I looked at it 3 wks ago.
This lease program may only cover 6 speed
targas.Worth a call. I will check tomorrow
Am for you and give you the name of the lease mgr I spoke with.

Originally posted by spookyp:
I was emailing Marshall back and forth re: the 02 Monaco Blue auto they had, but it sold over the weekend.

There's no such thing as a 2002 Monaco Blue NSX - not in the U.S./Canada market, anyway. Monaco Blue Pearl was available in 2000-2001 only, and was discontinued after that. The only blue color that the 2002-2003 NSX is available in is Long Beach Blue Pearl.

SPOOKYP

Ocean acura-it is exit 105 southbound on
the GSP--telephone is 732 776 5200 the fax is 732 776 8076- The salesman I spoke to was
very low key-his name is WARREN SHINER

NSXSTsy is correct on the name of the color.

This is not the dealer that has a 6speed blue
coming in

PFORPAUL, I emailed you the info... My mistake on the color. It just said "blue" in the listing I had seen and I assumed Monaco blue. Since there's only one flavor of each color per model year, you get the idea - it was the 02 blue one.
smile.gif

I spoke with Warren (very nice guy) and Ill be heading to Ocean tomorrow. If things work out, Ill be in the 03 blue shortly. If not, I may try to get them to hold it and try to flip my car asap. Im willing to be a little upside down though, so Im hoping it can work out with the dealer.

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 04 March 2003).]

A little off-topic, but I was wondering what % of new NSXs sold in recent years are through leases as opposed to purchases.

Any ideas?

BTW, Spooky, that blue is a great color! Good luck.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 04 March 2003).]

Back