• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Black/Red NSX, 49 miles on ebay... JH4NA21694S000010

SOLD! for $89,765. It was a buy it now. And somebody grabbed it. Didnt last on E-bay for long, I am guessing 8 hours. Hope we find out more.

That was a good buy. Lucky new owner is going to have one of the rarest (due to low miles) NSX's on the planet. Be worth big $$$ in the future if the miles are kept off. BTW if it was white it would have sold for much more :smile:

Last edited:
The car needs a thorough checkup and maintenance first. All fluids, oil, belt, water pump, hoses, tires will be replaced. I will probably get the new modulo suspension and a set of HRE 050 or R43. That's it.

since its going to hk are you gonna have to covert it to rhd?

Baller alert! :eek::redface:

I'm curious to hear about your other cars, particularly your favorites (and why). I would be scared to drive in China though, after having spent some road time in several taxis. Can I check out your cars the next time I'm in HK/China/Vancouver? :biggrin:

Baller alert! :eek::redface:

I'm curious to hear about your other cars, particularly your favorites (and why). I would be scared to drive in China though, after having spent some road time in several taxis. Can I check out your cars the next time I'm in HK/China/Vancouver? :biggrin:

I have m3, s2k cr, boxster spyder currently, there are two other cars are on the way, one of them is the NSX, which is still an unknown. I am wondering how does it compare with a s2k?

The E90m3 is driven most, it has one of the best V8 but too bad there arent any manual imported cars in china.

The spyder simply has the sexiest shape for the money, handles brilliantly.

But I love my s2k most, it's manual and everything is so raw. There isn't anything added unnesscary.

Pls come when you have time, they are all in FOSHAN china, since I hate RHD and driving in HK.

Very cool! I have not driven the s2000 myself, but I have heard very good things about it and would like to drive one someday. Please feel free to chime in with your own experience after you have driven the NSX. :)

I will try to make a stop in Foshan China the next time I head that way. :D

I have quite a few cars already, so it will not be heavily driven. The car will settle at China eventually, the heaven for driving!

My friend in China once considered buying BMW X5 and shipping to HK, then to China and settling in Guilin. However, he was discouraged when he found out the Tax and shipping a car to China was about double the purchase price of the car. So I am assuming that your purchase price of $89K+ will actually be double that when it settles in China. He settled in buying a BMW X5 in China for about $120,000 USD.

I think maybe this car will go to one of the successful businessmen in China?

Last edited:
My friend in China once considered buying BMW X5 and shipping to HK, then to China and settling in Guilin. However, he was discouraged when he found out the Tax and shipping a car to China was about double the purchase price of the car. So I am assuming that your purchase price of $89K+ will actually be double that when it settles in China. He settled in buying a BMW X5 in China for about $120,000 USD.

I think maybe this car will go to one of the successful businessmen in China?

That's very true and sad about the vehicle sales tax in china, my s2k was Rmb240k but the tax was 270k, the total is over $90k. For car over 3.999 liters, the tax rate is 147%. Such high tax rate discourage people import cars by themselves. In the case of your friend, he can buy a X5 from a official BMW dealer, and that will be much cheaper!

That's very true and sad about the vehicle sales tax in china, my s2k was Rmb240k but the tax was 270k, the total is over $90k. For car over 3.999 liters, the tax rate is 147%. Such high tax rate discourage people import cars by themselves. In the case of your friend, he can buy a X5 from a official BMW dealer, and that will be much cheaper!

Yes, that is exactly what he did. But he had to travel to Guangzhou to get it and drive it back to Guilin.

His X5 is 2 years old now and new he wants a newer BMW... X6 maybe.

I am floored. Can this be real? Don't even know where to start...

They have a dealer in GuangXi today, much more developed network after two years.

China growing leaps and bounds. Highway system getting pretty good. Lots of high speed cars on them now with blacked out license plates due to speed cameras. Local police cars too slow to catch up to them too. Driving NSX on one of those highways would be fun.

Last edited:
Sweet mother of god.

Unless there's some safety or regulatory laws that I don't know about, I would have just bought an NSX-R from Japan. I mean if you're already paying import tax and shipping, right?

Either way, congrats!

edit: nvm, I just saw your post about hating RHD in HK.

Last edited:
Back