• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I developed walking pneumonia, so I haven't been on much in a while. It is just one of many things I can mark off the bucket list. lol

Can't wait to see this badboy finished. She's coming along nicely! Are you coming back to VA when your tour is done?

I'll be coming back to Va for a while, but am really looking to go back home to Texas, so we'll see how long it takes. I hate Va with a passion, so the sooner the better. I'm sure Va wants the NSX to come home so they can hit me for Personal Property Tax. haha

Here is a close up of the stitching of the E-Brake. It was mentioned that in the pics the stitching looked wavy, just wanted to reassure you all that it is.

Just a quick update for everyone.

BLUF: I bought more shit yo! (Figured this would be easier for those of you who prefer not to read long posts) :)

Doug has knocked out virtually everything but the dash, door panels, steering wheel, and air bag. This dude is amazing folks. Pics to follow shortly.

Gil has installed the NSX-R Gauges (yes, I purchased another set and feel stupid for selling mine) and it looks amazing! Pics to follow soon. He is still working on a shift-light solution, but I have no doubt he will solve it.

Gil is working on a special project right now that will blow your minds. People have questioned what has taken so long for the body, but in the next couple of weeks you will see for yourselves. The Madonna Kit is now is wide as a Sorcery Kit. 20mm fenders were just too small and I really wanted a bigger contact patch for when the engine built. It is now a Madonna Kit on steroids!

Gil and I were talking the other day and both realized that we had forgotten to pay attention to under trays for the car. The Madonna front bumper will be extended underneath to connect to a genuine NSX-R Battery Under Tray with OEM fins. The order has already been placed and everything should be received within the next couple of weeks. The only problem is that one fin (the drivers side) won't be available till August, so there is a little delay for that piece (sigh).

A big thanks to Thomas at DownForce for my fuel tank under tray and the front bumper under tray. Thank you as always, Thomas. Just incase you have never spoken to Thomas, or emailed him, he's a great guy with a ton of information and always willing to help. I wish DF would come back to Prime! Hint, hint Thomas...

A huge thanks to Chris at SoS for helping me score a set of low mileage Comptech Cams with Cam Gears for an amazing price! Cannot wait to start the engine build and drop these in. Chris has helped me quite a bit on this build and has offered some great advice. The guy is a wealth of information and is always willing to lend a helping hand! Thanks again Chris!

In preparation for the engine build, I have decided to swap from the NSX-R Engine Mounts to a set of RF-Yamamoto mounts. What is strange is that when I purchased the NSX-R mounts, the seller had told me that they are more ridged than the non-R's, but from what Gil tells me, there is really no difference that he can see though the part numbers are different as well as the casting numbers. The RF-Yamamoto mounts feature polyurethane, so I am hoping these will be a little more ridged. Pics will be posted when they arrive.

Gil has an RF-Yamamoto Oil Pan coming as well. I finally suckered him into spending some money on the Magnum Grey Beast!

Stay tuned for more updates...

Last edited:
Thomas is great. I always deal directly with him.

^ i had my NSX-R gauge cluster kit on my OBD1 for years and no problem.

and there are some i US (the guy i sold them to, Shaylord, etc)

Nuno

Gil has installed the NSX-R Gauges (yes, I purchased another set and feel stupid for selling mine) and it looks amazing! Pics to follow soon. He is still working on a shift-light solution, but I have no doubt he will solve it.

You cray brother,
Indecision is a mo-fo. I think you made a good decision. It's Oem. Hard to look cheap and out of place when Oem.
Lets see pics!!! Glad to know you are feeling better. I mean damn, you are buying and installing virtually every nsx part known to man. I say, go for it bro! Give us those reviews of parts we dream of....

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Last edited:
Backfilling with some pics, here is the updated Gauge cluster Chris will view. As seen on a few others.

1435430551_zps2da3fd11.jpg

1435430562_zps38980772.jpg

1435430575_zpsc78282e7.jpg

1435430583_zps0740abce.jpg

1435430744_zps5b5c43d5.jpg

A little present from Chris at SoS. Thanks again Chris!

A set of Comptech Cams and Cam Gears
SAM_2211.jpg

View attachment 125544

I swear you're such a biter!!! You have already surpassed the mods from my car into yours. I know what you're doing lol

I swear you're such a biter!!! You have already surpassed the mods from my car into yours. I know what you're doing lol

You've still got me. After all, my engine isn't done.....yet! :)

View attachment 125544
I love your build!

Just something to consider with the cam gears. They are probably the top 3 biggest PITA to actually adjust and tune on the NSX. To test cam timing I only know to do it on a dyno. Imagine, if you do a dyno run, think thru cam timing adjustments you want to make, you have to crawl in there where there's no room where experts i've talked to say you have to drop the engine. You can't do that on most dynos. Let's say you unstrap the car. Take it to the lift. Best case, 6hrs later you make one small cam timing tweak after putting the motor back in the car. Then restrap onto the dyno. Keeping in mind too tight or too lose on the straps affects dyno reading. Rinse and repeat.

It just all seems like such a huge undertaking to properly tune these things. Let me know if your tuner thinks differently. I've wanted to do cam timing for years but at the end of the day it seems like a super daunting tuning process...

I love your build!

Just something to consider with the cam gears. They are probably the top 3 biggest PITA to actually adjust and tune on the NSX. To test cam timing I only know to do it on a dyno. Imagine, if you do a dyno run, think thru cam timing adjustments you want to make, you have to crawl in there where there's no room where experts i've talked to say you have to drop the engine. You can't do that on most dynos. Let's say you unstrap the car. Take it to the lift. Best case, 6hrs later you make one small cam timing tweak after putting the motor back in the car. Then restrap onto the dyno. Keeping in mind too tight or too lose on the straps affects dyno reading. Rinse and repeat.

It just all seems like such a huge undertaking to properly tune these things. Let me know if your tuner thinks differently. I've wanted to do cam timing for years but at the end of the day it seems like a super daunting tuning process...

Thanks RYU,

I appreciate the kind words and the idea. Gil and I have discussed this already and my conclusion is to see if it would be possible to use an engine dyno when it is complete. Gil is friends with the guy who will be tuning the car, so it is something I am looking at down the road.

---Break---

An update for you guys,

I am really surprised that no one said anything looked fishy with regards to the NSX-R Cluster. It is actually a combination of real and overlay.

1435430744_zps5b5c43d5.jpg

If you look at the Speedometer, you will notice that the Cruise Control light is still there. This is the only part of the gauge cluster that is an overlay. I purchased one of the old kits that Vance/Vince Hu used to sell. The orange is about two shades off from the real thing, but it would be difficult to notice. Here is the kit.

yimg-36312570-1--1866477185.jpg

055261461.jpg

055261451.jpg

Gil and I have spoken about placing the overlay over the real NSX-R Speedometer, but we are both concerned with how the cruise control cutout will look against the real gauge.

The bodywork is just about complete. Gil defanged the Madonna Kit for me. I never really liked the fangs.

The last pic I have of the front fangs
1436450051_zps8106a6be.jpg

Under-going surgery
1436450098_zpse9b20b87.jpg

Fangless!
1436450112_zps14a9b945.jpg

The man's use of popsicle sticks is incredible!

1436450115_zps6c2c09fc.jpg

1436450055_zps90f433bf.jpg

Gil has used a lot of ingenious ideas with this build. The man definitely has a passion for what he does and it shows.

If you folks have been paying attention, I have told you several things throughout this build.

1. The Madonna Kit has been widened to Sorcery width

2. There are a very other surprises in store for those who have been so patiently following this build.

Well, here is a surprise for you. Most have wanted to know what has been taking so long. This Super Madonna Kit is being molded in full carbon fiber. Yes, that means the front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, fenders, and quarters! The body will be complete carbon with no sandwich methods used. The body will be made entirely of carbon fiber. This means that the only parts of the overall body that will not be carbon will be the mirrors, a-pillars, b-pillars, and roof. Everything else will be 100 percent carbon fiber!

You heard it here first folks. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
All carbon? Whore:biggrin:

carbo stuff

Chris, even the doors ?! :eek:

Nuno

Unfortunately no, as much as Chris wanted to do the doors, safety has to be implemented along with the build. O/T --- I am possibly going to make him 10 press on nails in carbon though. All the ones he researched were vinyl wrapped.

Yeah ... no one intends to crash or be crashed on, but when it happens, you can't have your mods turned against you ... for a full track car yeah, for a street car, no...

i don't get what are "10 press on nails" ...

Full Carbon ... I hate you both :biggrin:

You had to be upto something big but I didnt see this one coming ...

BTW, good choice for the dash, Ive been running with Vance' kit for 5 yrs+ ... have you used the needle decals or painted them? I ask as extreme heat can cause the needles to bubble.

Our cars have something else in common now ... and I think I remain the only instance of the dash upgrade across the pond :cool:

So are you really going to cover all that amazing carbon with LBBP? If not, weave alignment will be key and given the absolute need for personal safety, what about donor doors with real overlay?? Just an idea, but then knowing you two, youve probably thought about this anyway ...

regards, Paul

Last edited:
Yeah ... no one intends to crash or be crashed on, but when it happens, you can't have your mods turned against you ... for a full track car yeah, for a street car, no...

i don't get what are "10 press on nails" ...

LOL,

Nuno, he is just messing with you my friend. This is what he is talking about with press-on nails :)

img-thing.jpeg

Full Carbon ... I hate you both

You had to be upto something big but I didnt see this one coming ...

BTW, good choice for the dash, Ive been running with Vance' kit for 5 yrs+ ... have you used the needle decals or painted them? I ask as extreme heat can cause the needles to bubble.

Our cars have something else in common now ... and I think I remain the only instance of the dash upgrade across the pond

So are you really going to cover all that amazing carbon with LBBP? If not, weave alignment will be key and given the absolute need for personal safety, what about donor doors with real overlay?? Just an idea, but then knowing you two, youve probably thought about this anyway ...

Thanks Paul!,

The Tachometer, Fuel, Coolant Temp, Battery, and Oil Pressure gauges are all real NSX-R gauges. The Speedometer is the only one that he used the overlay kit on. Gil is still working it, so more to follow.

As far as the carbon goes, the Super Madonna is being molded into full carbon (front bumper, rear bumper, fenders, quarter panels, and side skirts). There will be no overlay of any of the parts. I had planned on purchasing Dry Carbon Doors, but Gil brought me back to reality for safety reasons. That and the fact they would've cost me $10k USD with replacement windows.

The car will will feature the GT One dry carbon hood and trunk, Down Force carbon NSX-R wing and rear garnish, and the full carbon Super Madonna. The only things that will not be carbon will be the roof, mirrors, doors, and a/b-pillars. I wanted to go further, but those might be future plans. Overlaying the doors would be a cool idea, but my storage space is going to become a problem. I will have three bumpers to store, two hoods, two trunks, full interiors, etc... Trust me, there is a LOT of ETC. LOL

I appreciate the info on the needles. He did use the supplied stickers for the speedometer. I really want to use the real NSX-R speedometer with the overlay for MPH, but worry about how the cutout for the cruise control will look against the real gauge.

Back