• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

your post is amazing

Dave is bipolar and had, in the past, some prolific manic phase posting....:wink:

I keep waiting for the Madonna part of the build to be added to the car.?

madonna-cone-bra.jpg

Better than the beak

Hello boys, we await with anticipation and know the perfection of this project equals time .....

But .....

Come on with the updates ... Please ��

No updates unfortunately. Gil fractured his wrist beating it like it owed him money, so he's been out of commission for most of February.

He says that the body is just about ready to go for paint, so hopefully the car should be painted by beginning of Spring. Once it arrives at the paint booth, Gil will take pics of the carbon body and various pieces he has created from items such as the NSX-R Under tray and quite a few other pieces.

Sorry for slow-rolling this, but the man had needs and was a little too enthusiastic about it!!

Stay tuned!

No updates unfortunately. Gil fractured his wrist beating it like it owed him money, so he's been out of commission for most of February.

He says that the body is just about ready to go for paint, so hopefully the car should be painted by beginning of Spring. Once it arrives at the paint booth, Gil will take pics of the carbon body and various pieces he has created from items such as the NSX-R Under tray and quite a few other pieces.

Sorry for slow-rolling this, but the man had needs and was a little too enthusiastic about it!!

Stay tuned!

True story, NSX Workers Comp currently with the need for speed at back to the future 88mph.

LOL.... did he ask you for more lubricants... "I don't know Chris.... just ran out"
Dave

Chris provided me special transmission ,engine oil and seal lubricants to handle business with.

- - - Updated - - -

Come to think of it, he did ask for some more redline? Do you think its related?

You fockers!!!

if you fx'd your wrist ...you are doing it wrong:eek:....I sprained my shoulder...you need to get the whole arm involved...:tongue:

Please lmk if you ever wanna sell the side mirrors

Please lmk if you ever wanna sell the side mirrors

Most definitely!

A few people have asked what is the difference between the regular Madonna Kit and the "Super Madonna". I will post a few pics for people to see, but I'm really curious who will actually notice what has been changed. (My apologies, I do not have exact angles to provide you for comparison, but it should give you an idea nonetheless)

Madonna Kit Driver's Quarter as it comes from Route-KS
20140521_164235.jpg

Super Madonna Passenger Side as done by Gil
1434085855_zps569f1e96.jpg
12963390_10205951935259834_860483154405985149_n.jpg
Thank you Aubrey for the last pic. You got a great view. I appreciate it!

Madonna Front Fender as it comes from Route-KS
20140521_164203.jpg
20140521_164143.jpg
20140521_164150.jpg
1395024393_zpsb1670412.jpg
1395024460_zps3d1deab3.jpg

The Super Madonna
1441712661_zps73db284d.jpg
1429708742_zps4303662d.jpg
12670837_10205951952340261_7318068730021214973_n.jpg

I will wait and see what you come up with before giving you any answers on what has been done. I can tell you that the Super Madonna Kit is wider than the Cantrell Concepts, much wider than the regular Madonna by at least double, and perhaps a little wider than a Sorcery kit.

People have asked what is taking so long. When you figure out what has been done here, you will understand just what Gil has done. The fact that many of you have not picked up on just how wide this car is, is a testament to his amazing ability to blend everything so seamlessly.

Any ideas??

Last edited:
Well, it looks awesome! It looks like the wheel well openings have almost been lowered on the car, in addition to it obviously being much wider. I have no idea, though.

Can't wait for the final product!

Actually you have an unannounced modification to the body correct. The body had been widened as noted for the Madonna to become a Super Carbon Madonna. The body had been lowered to accommodate the gap to the wheel to ensure the suspension rebound remains close to stock but at the same time lowered. Comfort and superior handling was a big factor. Chris has had just about all the right ingredience for stability while cornering which I am looking forward to. Good thing his ride turned into a Guinea Pig for mine and costing me $$$ the same time.

The Bodies made for the car had a drawback previously during mold release for the first Carbon kit. Having to re-produce identical kits I made a slight adjustment to the inner arch to ensure Liners and components within the quarter panels fit without issue. Ease of accessibility was another factor to ensure OEM like modification were completed. Utilizing all OEM mounting location made it more difficult without puncturing or drilling anything OEM on the 05 NSX. A lot of brackets had been created which then were created out of carbon to ensure this madness continued.

Last edited:
Actually you have an unannounced modification to the body correct... ensure this madness continued.

Well, that's cool that I guessed one point right! It was hard to tell since the photos were taken at different angles, but the skill with how you've blended everything together really hides the changes as well. It looks OEM.

I definitely agree that this is madness, and I'm a huge fan.

So, you're saying that the Super Carbon Madonna will be a commercially available body kit?

Well, that's cool that I guessed one point right! It was hard to tell since the photos were taken at different angles, but the skill with how you've blended everything together really hides the changes as well. It looks OEM.

I definitely agree that this is madness, and I'm a huge fan.

So, you're saying that the Super Carbon Madonna will be a commercially available body kit?

PM me regarding the SM Kit. Adjusting and ensuring the kit didn't look like a slapped together modification was a large feat. Overall appearance I kept the wall of each Quarter panel/fender near OEM due to mounting points, in person the perspective and view is much more pleasing. The pictures do make the kit seem larger disregarding the width which is very apparent in person 43.4MM.

The kit in carbon consists of numerous weave types inner and outer layers consisting of 6oz twill with the middle 5 layers at 12k carbon twill and various patterned weaves to ensure strength carbon to carbon, no fillers and FRP support. Referencing exotic car Manufacturers IE: Koenigsegg, Pagani, (NON Car Related; Boeing) and F1 type technology. Each infused panel was pulled at 78lbs per sq inch then dried via clave. Each panel had to be equivalent to OEM weight or lighter due to the size. Each panel is then blocked down reducing any additional exterior resin to give it a metallic sheen. It is a shame to cover the panels but the overall deal was to keep FRP off the car utilizing higher end materials.

The Paint process utilized will have normal prep as any other car on the road but reduced in several layers to accommodate the clear coating stage. Spraying 3 coats of clear, baking, cutting the clear then final clear coat x2 stage to ensure a slick smooth surface. I try to apply this to any paint project I consume. Making a cars surface area glass like is the key, plus it gives room for final cutting and buffing. Trade secrets and practice during paint booth times has also reduced this process which took some getting use to with new Gun Set ups and needle sizes.

So to update the process, I have transported the panels to the booth and have them on correct panel stands, currently working at transporting the car. The body currently on the car is a mock up for a special project with several changes to the kit on mounting.

This entire thread is insane. I wonder where the final unveil of this project will be.
seems like chris is upto something else. He is looking for another nsx in the event anyone else is selling.

Back