• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Thanks Chris (Boss) and Doc, I dream of all these parts even though they are here. They still keep coming though. If the interior, exterior, engine, suspension……… and ……… aren't enough tasks, the bottom has not been neglected either with OEM NSXR goodies.

I recognise that part ... and immediately I see a new project ... to fabricate a bespoke leading undertray to smooth airflow from the front lip back to the part ... and a question, are you making undertrays for the rest of the underside of this incredible build?

regards, Paul

Last edited:
craziest build ever... much props to all those involved.

Thanks Jose

I recognise that part ... and immediately I see a new project ... to fabricate a bespoke leading undertray to smooth airflow from the font lip back to the part ... and a question, are you making undertrays for the rest of the build?

regards, Paul

Paul,

Hope all is well in your part of the World, The NSXR Under tray will work in conjunction with a full front bumper under tray. The Fuel tank will be covered with a Carbon downforce part, the rear will be completed with a Shine large Diffusor.

I'll snap pics once I have some adjustments made to the NSXR tray.

While quite a few folks are at NSXPO, my show in the garage continues.
Got bored, so the oem nsxr tray ended up having a light weight twin. I would say twin is half the weight with my calibrated German born arm. Anywho, trimming and drilling are not completed but you get the idea. I didn't wear a TYVEX suit while doing so causing me to scratch like I am on crack (lesson learned).

1444536255_zpsz8jdze8v.jpg

Last edited:
Got bored, so the oem nsxr tray ended up having a light weight twin. I would say twin is half the weight with my calibrated German born arm. Anywho, trimming and drilling are not completed but you get the idea. I didn't wear a TYVEX suit while doing so causing me to scratch like I am on crack (lesson learned).

:eek:

Looks awesome! All you need now is to mold the fins and you are good to go. I know you told me that you were doing it, but damn, I didn't think it would be that fast!! Congrats Bro!

Beautiful .. made it because you were bored .. hop across the pond Gil, I have plenty of projects to keep you busy ...

Teaser pics. Steering wheel stitching not done so don't get too riled up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 302
R U done yet?!?!?! :biggrin:

:) Almost!,

Interior is just about done....

20151105_210335.jpg
20151105_210349.jpg
20151106_175126.jpg
20151106_175155.jpg
20151106_175205.jpg
20151106_175215.jpg
20151106_175244.jpg
20151106_175323.jpg
20151106_175714.jpg

Gil advised the the full carbon front and rear bumpers are just about finished. Side skirt, fenders, and quarters are already done. The very first carbon fiber Madonna should be ready to unveil pretty shortly!

Here's the finished steering wheel!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 454
Any chance a few of Santas helpers can be loaned to Gil to help get this beauty painted, built and out in the wild?

I have a car with an undertray that is fully dimpled like a golfball. Each dimple is (I'm guessing) about 25mm in diameter and 5mm deep.

Progress continues and no, this build is not dead just yet. Gil is hoping to have the car painted by end of next week if everything works out.

Here are some sneak peaks of the intake manifold.

IMG_20151124_153716.jpg

IMG_20151124_153649.jpg

IMG_20151124_153635.jpg

IMG_20151124_153617.jpg

IMG_20151124_153455.jpg

I recently purchased a TaiTec Front Strut Brace from A.S. Motorsport. That is currently at the anodizer's. It will rarely been seen, but will look great when it is.

I owed Gil a driver's side door handle and purchased this JDM Type-S door panel. The orange is amazing!

IMG_20151205_084855.jpg

Gil may have some further plans with this panel!

The dash came in yesterday and the steering wheel should come in sometime today.

20151207_154948.jpg

20151207_161304.jpg

20151207_161633.jpg

20151207_161650.jpg

20151207_161659.jpg

20151207_161707.jpg

More updates to follow soon!

Any chance a few of Santas helpers can be loaned to Gil to help get this beauty painted, built and out in the wild?

He's working it Paul!

I have a car with an undertray that is fully dimpled like a golfball. Each dimple is (I'm guessing) about 25mm in diameter and 5mm deep.

Sounds like you need a new one!

During this build the little ones always have to be apart of it some how, to decrease the need for attention (whining) I mocked up a little cockpit area to keep Ms. Jolie busy with her vroom vroom sounds and the make shift 20k redline sounds I am sure no motor can duplicate without blowing up.

Parts included:
Dashboard - 77101-SL0-A92ZA
Left side door panel - 83583-SL0-A01ZK
Type S Door handle - 04845-SL0-A50ZA
Blue carpet - BLL2005
Technocraft seat - T5RS500
Carbon/alcantara steering wheel
6 pillows 40 oz each - Item #: TA284334
laundry basket - Ultra Laundry Basket 2 Bu by Sterilite Corp.
Christmas light boxes x4 - NT674XLB
Broom stick - 56-9563C-WPS
Jolie - 01JC0312LOL

1449754660_zpsdx379hgn.jpg

Last edited:
To Chris and Gil,

I am, well, relatively new to the prime world having only purchased my NSX in May. I still figure that's no excuse for me only learning about your build and the epic thread today. I'm sure you've surmised but today I read the entire thread start to finish continually stopping and saying to my girlfriend "I really hope it's done when I get there, I'm at April of 2015..." As an example.

I feel honored to be able to read about the build you are putting together. I know we would get along because of the enormous attention to detail, the thought clearly taking place behind each decision and the devotion to the end result which clearly Gil believes in having spent so much time already and continuing to do so. A sentiment I share with everyone else, I can't wait to see the finished product. It was great playing catch up.

I have a 2004 LBBP that I bought with 22k on the clock. Chris at flatirons here in Boulder, while not telling me what to do, may have suggested I not touch the car because everything was as it should be. There in lies the problem, it's cherry and I'm not sure I'm the collector type. I'm not sure I'm ready for what you're doing nor do I have the resources but I love it all the more. I'm looking for a 91-94 or any coupe black car for a project you might like but far less scope. I digress.

Thank you again for letting us in to your world and sharing it with us. Two excellent people, surrounded by a community of excellent support. Anyone who says otherwise can eat a lemon.

looking forward to more updates - stay sane out there and if you ever need an ear to talk with, I'm a phone call away. I may lack the technical expertise but I make up for it in acumen with listening and education around conversation.

best,
Will

To Chris and Gil,

I am, well, relatively new to the prime world having only purchased my NSX in May. I still figure that's no excuse for me only learning about your build and the epic thread today. I'm sure you've surmised but today I read the entire thread start to finish continually stopping and saying to my girlfriend "I really hope it's done when I get there, I'm at April of 2015..." As an example.

I feel honored to be able to read about the build you are putting together. I know we would get along because of the enormous attention to detail, the thought clearly taking place behind each decision and the devotion to the end result which clearly Gil believes in having spent so much time already and continuing to do so. A sentiment I share with everyone else, I can't wait to see the finished product. It was great playing catch up.

I have a 2004 LBBP that I bought with 22k on the clock. Chris at flatirons here in Boulder, while not telling me what to do, may have suggested I not touch the car because everything was as it should be. There in lies the problem, it's cherry and I'm not sure I'm the collector type. I'm not sure I'm ready for what you're doing nor do I have the resources but I love it all the more. I'm looking for a 91-94 or any coupe black car for a project you might like but far less scope. I digress.

Thank you again for letting us in to your world and sharing it with us. Two excellent people, surrounded by a community of excellent support. Anyone who says otherwise can eat a lemon.

looking forward to more updates - stay sane out there and if you ever need an ear to talk with, I'm a phone call away. I may lack the technical expertise but I make up for it in acumen with listening and education around conversation.

best,
Will

Will,

Thank you very much for the kind words. It has been a long and interesting process with its ups and downs. I'm just really lucky that Gil took the project on and has not killed me yet. The car should be done within the next month or so. I've added a lot of stuff that Gil didn't anticipate and he's working on some ingenious ideas to solve various issues (i.e. the shift light on the NSX-R Gauges, etc.). To say that I was fortunate to have found him would be a huge understatement. His attention to detail is amazing. He was busy doing things that we had never discussed because he knew what I was looking for and my desired end-state. Once complete, the car will be in Va if you ever want to see it. He will also have it for a little while and will probably take it to a few shows in Texas.

Congrats on your 04 in such an amazing color! I had an 04 Rio Yellow that I got rid of for a ridiculous price because I thought I was doing the right thing. Needless to say, I bought another NSX and did all of the things I wanted to do. I wouldn't worry too much about the purists telling you not to mess with it. It is your car and you should enjoy it. I understand the feeling though! I was questioned by a great many purist telling me not to do this to such a rare car. Bottom line, enjoy it, drive it, mod it, and everything else will be just fine.

Chris

---Break---

Just a couple of teaser shots. Magnum Gray Pearl is an amazing color isn't it?

LoveFab Rear Strut Brace

1449937925_zps5tyj3vvy.jpg

1449937923_zps9ffkafkz.jpg

RF Yamamoto Dual Coolant Tank and Catch Can

1449937907_zpsngeswdpi.jpg

1449937913_zpsys6n7xz9.jpg

1449937917_zpsbaa3ask2.jpg

1449937904_zpsjjg0iuyv.jpg

1449937866_zps2g7lgsdm.jpg

How is this build coming along?! I have been following since the start!

Sorry Folks for the slow updates on this thread but should steadily speed up.

Build has made huge strides and issue with the clutch that has been resolved after disassembly and re-assembly, had a minor accident while re-installing the clutch (sprang the wrist pretty bad). This project has more entailed than what has been see on the thread. The car will have a mass amount of replacement parts for preventive damages which we hope never happens. The body has passed through carbon molding stages and has the first, second and third body replication prep for final paint, weather has slowed progress and constant heating elements has been expensive but well worth the comfort. Quite a bit of shuffling and work schedules slowed the build for a couple of weeks but it is still on track. All parts have been received and installed or awaiting install after removal from mock up. Additional components have been purchased for preventive maintenance that have been on going with all NSX's IE: Updated window regulator guides, oil pressure set up from SOS, misc sensors for monitoring via AEM/Gauge Art, additional anodizing, misc seals etc.

Currently while awaiting movement the interior has been QA'd for install. Electrical wiring has been completed and routed or awaiting final install.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you source that doorpanel? I like the look of the orange!

Door panel was sourced from Japan, not everyday you run into OEM, mint items like this.

I love this thread! Random question. Any idea what hardware is involved with installing the front under body flat panel R pieces? Does someone sell the hardware kit or perhaps you could do me a huge favor and post what is needed? Perhaps we simply use existing hardware which would be awesome.

I love this thread! Random question. Any idea what hardware is involved with installing the front under body flat panel R pieces? Does someone sell the hardware kit or perhaps you could do me a huge favor and post what is needed? Perhaps we simply use existing hardware which would be awesome.

RYU

Once I have the bottom trays installed I will include hardware utilized OEM and NON OEM.

Back