• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

A small update for all,

1. Gil is back! He's well rested from his "alternative life style" cruise on the Love Boat. Since he didn't accept the rings I bought for him...he found another use for them...(what a hooker!) :)

View attachment 113182
View attachment 113183
View attachment 113184
View attachment 113185

2. Received my RFY Pulley Kit from Louis (AdvansCPAP). Thanks Louis! Louis is also ordering me a few more RFY goodies, which I think will finish the car up.
View attachment 113186

3. For those thinking of the WP Pro BBK. The kit is so amazing, incredible, and provides so much stopping power....that it actually stopped the FedEx Truck delivering them...all while in the box!! Can your Stoptechs, or Brembos do that??? Me thinks not! lol Brandon is chasing them down and should be arriving sometime soon to Gil's place. Cannot wait to see them. I opted for the 360mm kit, which is playing hell with wheel selection, but that is all worked out now. The wheels will not disappoint...

4. Titanium Lug Nuts and Takata Harnesses are on the way as well. I opted for Takata as the Status Harnesses were sold out. Gil will work his magic on them. The seats are in production (hopefully) and should be ready in the next month or so.

This is when you know you are really having fun; so you all know that I had issues with my GT One dry carbon hood and trunk. I figured that was a lost cause, ordered DownForce items, and had placed a dispute on my credit card and thought that the matter was done. Well, today I get a tracking number for the hood and the trunk. While the first words out of my mouth were utter profanity, though it would seem this would be a good opportunity to test these items out for fitment. Once they arrive, Gil will test fit them and we will have to decide which set to keep, and which set to sell. Stay tuned as they should be here within the next couple of weeks.

I guess having a GTone Dry carbon trunk and hood is a old problem to have. Can't wait to see the dry carbon stuff. Keep up updated

I guess having a GTone Dry carbon trunk and hood is a old problem to have. Can't wait to see the dry carbon stuff. Keep up updated

Funny you mention that. They arrived yesterday.

I had to take an excerpt from Gil's email. I figured that you all would appreciate it.

Arrived. Lady at post office asked wth... this is light. Do they make trunks and hoods this light. People in line were scratching their heads as she lifted these over counter on her weak hand with one hand like handing me a fork.

Introducing the GT One Dry Carbon Hood and Trunk!

Hood 2.jpg
Hood 1.jpg
Trunk 1.jpg
Trunk 2.jpg

Also, a big thanks to Bryan with SoS for my new Koyo Radiator!

20140606_173510.jpg

Last edited:
That is beautiful.... wow... perfect weave, 1/2 the weight.... Now that is real carbon. I'm jealous.

If those fit half as well as they look, result extreme happiness and DF parts up for grabs :wink:

If those fit half as well as they look, result extreme happiness and DF parts up for grabs :wink:

Paul I think you should check the price first. Although these are the lightest, the best, and a "baller" product, the factory aluminum is light. The wet carbon is lighter still, and then you pay a TON more to save a few pounds more than that. Hey if you have the $$ to spend great but it is not the biggest bang for the buck.

That is beautiful.... wow... perfect weave, 1/2 the weight.... Now that is real carbon. I'm jealous.

Thanks, Dave! The hood is 3lb and the trunk is 3lb as well.

- - - Updated - - -

+10000000 very nice brother

Appreciate it!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Paul! Perhaps some DF parts will be for sale. The DF Trunk is really nice and comes with a built-in lip spoiler like the 02+ NSXs. More importantly, the trunk is not made any longer and Thomas advised me that there is no longer a mould for it.

As far as fitment, I will let Gil chime in on that. Here is a small excerpt from him:

It measured within 0.05mm to oem closer than df.

Not too shabby for the price difference; I paid about $7k for the GT One Hood and Trunk, and about $3k for the DF Hood and Trunk, though DF worked me a deal on the trunk as it had some damage and was just sitting around.

There is an interesting difference between the two:

Downforce Hood
20140608_124545.jpg

GT One Hood
20140608_124530.jpg

The Downforce seems to be packaged slightly better. It has a built-in flange that allows it to seal with the Downforce Hood Vent. The GT One on the other hand, you can see for yourself. The mesh utilized is poor and uses a hard fuser to attach it to the hood. There is a high probability that the hood may be damaged while trying to remove this mesh for something more suitable.

Gil has been busy as all heck, but I'm sure he'll chime in when he has the time.

BTW, I need someone to seriously talk me out of buying these!

http://www.suzuka-gt.net/special/karuiparts/parts02/03/index.html

They would probably take several months to build, but damn!!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave! The hood is 3lb and the trunk is 3lb as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciate it!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Paul! Perhaps some DF parts will be for sale. The DF Trunk is really nice and comes with a built-in lip spoiler like the 02+ NSXs. More importantly, the trunk is not made any longer and Thomas advised me that there is no longer a mould for it.

As far as fitment, I will let Gil chime in on that. Here is a small excerpt from him:

Not too shabby for the price difference; I paid about $7k for the GT One Hood and Trunk, and about $3k for the DF Hood and Trunk, though DF worked me a deal on the trunk as it had some damage and was just sitting around.

There is an interesting difference between the two:

Downforce Hood
View attachment 113376

GT One Hood
View attachment 113377

The Downforce seems to be packaged slightly better. It has a built-in flange that allows it to seal with the Downforce Hood Vent. The GT One on the other hand, you can see for yourself. The mesh utilized is poor and uses a hard fuser to attach it to the hood. There is a high probability that the hood may be damaged while trying to remove this mesh for something more suitable.

Gil has been busy as all heck, but I'm sure he'll chime in when he has the time.

BTW, I need someone to seriously talk me out of buying these!

http://www.suzuka-gt.net/special/karuiparts/parts02/03/index.html

They would probably take several months to build, but damn!!!

Fitment on the new GTONE dry carbon is comparable to OEM standards, I am very picky on fitment. The DF products actually fit quite well also, on par I'd even mount them on my own personal car. Finish from the Dry carbon is second to none. No complaints or issues, just a shame it'll get painted over but the bottom of each panel will be left to show. Surface areas on all the new panels are flat as can be. Very happy with that due to the lesser amount of prep needed prior to painting.

The trunk struts have no issues lifting the rear lid, it actually snaps up on its own which I have never seen before.

I still have a few more items to mock and the outer panel sectioning has begun. Pics will be posted after Chris sees additional progress.

Keep posted.

Last edited:
Just a quick update,

As Gil stated, the sectioning has begun! In addition, some new goodies arrived as well.

20140611_165311.jpg

For those that sent me PM's on how the GT One parts fit...

20140611_165442.jpg

Science of Speed Sport 350 Clutch & Flywheel (thanks Bryan and Jeff!)

20140611_165618.jpg

Door Plates from the "Made to order" program (thanks Louis!)

20140611_165737.jpg

Finally figured out the diffuser piece; however, when Louis ordered it from Spoon, he was told that it would be ready by 30 September! I couldn't wait that long, so I grabbed a diffuser from Shine Auto Project.

20140613_125341.jpg
20140613_125334.jpg

This diffuser should compliment the Madonna rear very well.

Stay tuned for more updates. June promises to be a pretty interesting month for this build.

Holy crap! I thought the gap there was bad when I was installing the Comptech knock off... thats way worse than mine was!

LOL,

No, the gap was not that bad. Here is the missing pic!

20140611_165259.jpg

Do not buy a carbon door if you don't plan to put a safety cage in the car. The NSX door has a metal structural bar inside of it that goes from the front to the rear of the door; the carbon door does not have this metal structural bar in it. If you are T-Boned with that carbon door I could only assume you are done. There is nothing there with any ability to absorb the impact with that door. It will shatter and the vehicle will come right into the driver/passenger compartment.

Unless it's possible to open the door and add the bar into it, but from the pics I've seen nobody has done it which leads me to believe you can't.

Last edited:
Paul I think you should check the price first. Although these are the lightest, the best, and a "baller" product, the factory aluminum is light. The wet carbon is lighter still, and then you pay a TON more to save a few pounds more than that. Hey if you have the $$ to spend great but it is not the biggest bang for the buck.
Did not expect this logic from Dave! Lol stop trying to be me ;)

I'm glad you got the spoon rear diffuser from shine.... Can't wait to see how it looks...

don't sell the original panels trust me keep them on the shelf no matter what people offer you for them

Do not buy a carbon door if you don't plan to put a safety cage in the car. The NSX door has a metal structural bar inside of it that goes from the front to the rear of the door; the carbon door does not have this metal structural bar in it. If you are T-Boned with that carbon door I could only assume you are done. There is nothing there with any ability to absorb the impact with that door. It will shatter and the vehicle will come right into the driver/passenger compartment.

Unless it's possible to open the door and add the bar into it, but from the pics I've seen nobody has done it which leads me to believe you can't.

actually the OEM door guard is super chintzy... have you looked at it? I was very disappointed in it. The car mainly relies on the sill but yeah.... the carbon door may be worse.

Did not expect this logic from Dave! Lol stop trying to be me ;)

LOL... I know....

My brakes finally arrived! WP Pro 360mm kit. I will warn those of you that are considering this particular kit, think carefully as wheel selection becomes much harder; not impossible, but certainly harder. I have no doubt it will stop my X like one of my motorcycles, but makes finding wheels that will work an ass pain. lol

20140618_234524_LLS.jpg
20140619_174939.jpg
20140619_182035.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just amazed you can still get the kit... the NSX aftermarket is alive and well in Japan it seems :)

I'm just amazed you can still get the kit... the NSX aftermarket is alive and well in Japan it seems :)

Yes Sir, it certainly is!

Also, a big thanks to Kenny for the NSX-R Gauge Cluster Face Plate and NA1 NSX-R Engine Cover Plate!

20140620_135934.jpg

What size wheels and tires do you plan to run?

Back