• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

What size wheels and tires do you plan to run?
Chris wants to run the 91 nsx wheels with dremel tool grooves in the barrel to accomodate the brakes.

on a serious note we are currently working on it but it will be an 18/19 setup. As for tire sizing that remains to be finalized.

Thanks Dave! I appreciate your help big time.

Just a small update. Gil has been slaving away as usual. We have been waiting on the brakes so that the wheel face he has received can be test fitted. Talk about tight clearance!

20140622_184132.jpg

20140622_184055.jpg

20140622_184026.jpg

Assuming that offset and everything else can be managed, this is how much the brakes will fill the wheel!

20140622_183959.jpg

My stock exhaust has been removed so Gil can start mocking up the rear bumper and diffuser.

20140622_201912.jpg

Gil has been putting a lot of work into the rear of the car (his favorite spot from what he tells me :)). The GT-One Dry Carbon Trunk has been installed along with the Down Force NSX-R Wing. The tails have been sent off to our own Alec Fields for a full LED conversion.

20140622_201757.jpg

We also picked up some heat shielding in preparation for the turbo kit that will be installed on this build

20140619_195517.jpg

As I have said before, June will be a big month for this build. The Status seats should've been completed by 16 June, so Brandon and I will both be contacting them today to find out what the status is. The now infamous AdvanCPAP (Louis) Steering Wheel should be done on the 26th and will be the first of it's type. Trust me, it will not disappoint! In addition, LoveFab (Cody) should be finishing up with the turbo kit and rear targa brace.

In addition, this build will feature a custom intake manifold. My first route was through Hogan's Racing Manifolds, but did not go very well. I have since contacted Top Secret, Esprit, Tracy Sports, Revo-Tune, and Kakimoto Racing to build me a manifold. It is hoped that they will be interested and pick up this project, but we shall see. I've contacted other state-side vendors, but have received varying levels of interest, lead times, pricing info, etc. If all else fails, I will purchase a new factory intake manifold and have it extrude honed and port match it to a 76mm Throttle Body.

Some other items have been purchased and I am awaiting current statuses on those (i.e. Mugen Thermostat, RFY Carbon Door Sills, and a few other goodies which will remain a secret for now).

Stay tuned!

- - - Updated - - -

Simply amazing build.:eek:

Thank you, Sasha! I appreciate the kind words.

Last edited:
Please do not post more as you killing me :eek:. you robbed bank?:biggrin: one of the best builds i ever saw and crazy fast i have to admit.

Keep moving i will follow if i not get heart attach from all those goodies here :mad::rolleyes::cool:

My steering wheel is complete and should be shipped from Japan very shortly!! It came out great! Thanks, Louis!

P6130028-tile.jpg
P6130048.jpg
P6130064.jpg

My seats, Lovefab rear brace, and turbo kit should be done and shipped this week as well!

Last edited:
That is quite a conversion on a steering wheel. Amazing. Unfortunately it's still heavy, big, and kills feel, but it least it has proper grips now and looks really good. Be gone hideous!

01a4man clearly hates money, but loves NSXs so it makes for some great reading! :smile:
This is the most insanely thorough build currently on prime.

It's up there, but I wouldn't say "the most"... I think LS7NSX and Carbon6 are pretty insane. This is a top 5 car for sure, and a great addition. Way to represent. He's making us all look good. Picking up the slack for a lot of slackers... LOL

It's up there, but I wouldn't say "the most"... I think LS7NSX and Carbon6 are pretty insane. This is a top 5 car for sure, and a great addition. Way to represent. He's making us all look good. Picking up the slack for a lot of slackers... LOL

Dave, I agree. I have to stare, touch and look at certain parts I want for my current.

That is quite a conversion on a steering wheel. Amazing. Unfortunately it's still heavy, big, and kills feel, but it least it has proper grips now and looks really good. Be gone hideous!

Dave,

I love you too buddy!

01a4man clearly hates money, but loves NSXs so it makes for some great reading! :smile:
This is the most insanely thorough build currently on prime.

Thank you, NSXonwheels! I really appreciate the kind words!! My accounts hate the NSX, but you are correct, I do love it. I spent two years regretting the sale of my 04. I promised myself I would not do that again, so I am preparing to be buried in this car!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I am like siskle or ebert. A critic. :D

LOL! Yes, yes you are! I just appreciate you and NSXonwheels's comments, that is honestly a huge compliment for both Gil and I! No insane engineering feats on this build, but there are a few more surprises before it is done.

You'll have to critique this build for me for the remainder! Consider yourself hired! :)

Like others have said. Epic build! Stay safe out there and thank you for your continued service that you are providing for all of us to be safe stateside and enjoy our NSX's. Safe return back home so you can play with all the toys in your fleet.

Like others have said. Epic build! Stay safe out there and thank you for your continued service that you are providing for all of us to be safe stateside and enjoy our NSX's. Safe return back home so you can play with all the toys in your fleet.

Thank you, DreamPowered. I appreciate the kind words and best wishes. It certainly means a lot to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, RYU! I really appreciate it.

This is an epic build. Not my style, but I am still excited for you! The car is going to be amazing when it's done.

My steering wheel is complete and should be shipped from Japan very shortly!! It came out great! Thanks, Louis!

View attachment 114041
View attachment 114043
View attachment 114044

Nice detail in the centreline ... does this hint at the build staying LBBP when Gil has finished his fine tuning for the build?

How you are planning to pick out the CF inside and out without losing the classiness could be make or break to the finished product.

Stay safe and thanx for sharing the build wit the rest of us ...

Gil, thanx for the belt details, really appreciated!

regards, Paul

This is an epic build. Not my style, but I am still excited for you! The car is going to be amazing when it's done.

Thank you, Honcho. I appreciate the kind words! It is expected that not everyone will agree on what I want to do, but remain hopeful that certain parts may remain interesting. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice detail in the centreline ... does this hint at the build staying LBBP when Gil has finished his fine tuning for the build?

How you are planning to pick out the CF inside and out without losing the classiness could be make or break to the finished product.

Stay safe and thanx for sharing the build wit the rest of us ...

Gil, thanx for the belt details, really appreciated!

regards, Paul

Thank you, Paul. You always seem to catch the small details! I appreciate that! Yes, the car will stay LBBP throughout the build. I cannot lie though, I was extremely tempted to go Magnum Grey Pearl, but Gil and I decided it would not be a good idea on an 05. There is good news though, the build will feature Magnum Grey Pearl in it. Not willing to spoil the details just yet, but it will look incredible.

As for the carbon, there are a couple of secrets that I cannot disclose just yet, but they will be interesting I can promise. For the interior, I am not looking to carbon everything, but rather go for what I consider to be a clean look (think Lamborghini, or Ferrari interiors). Nothing too crazy, and nothing that will lose the overall classic look of the NSX Interior (*hint* some of the parts are already shown in this thread on the first page). You can also check out Gil's interior to get an idea of what I am talking about. I will not copy his, but it will be close.

As for the outside, the dry carbon hood and trunk will be painted on the outside, while retaining the bare carbon on the inside panels. For the other exposed pieces (i.e. DF NSX-R Wing, DF Rear Window Garnish, and a few other bits), Gil and I have talked about smoking them to that they appear black, yet you are able to still see the carbon when you are up close. This would somewhat retain an OEM'ish look.

Gil would probably be a whole lot better at explaining all of this.

If you want any tips for the interior pm Juice...his car had an amazing redo.

Fellas,

Interior for the project will not compromise the cleanliness of the 05 NSX. I wouldn't deter from it's current lines with distaste, but to add an updated feel and liked environment without cluttering with type of material for viewers and the driver. Although not full alcantara, the Interior will only consist of a few carbon additions to compliment the steering wheel along with updates Chris has ordered to finish off his interior bucket list. Once an update with incoming components arrive and installed I am sure many would like a chance to see in person or best yet sit in this Route KS clothed beast being assembled.

All of the current original OEM pcs within the interior and exterior will remain as it has from the factory. This will enable Chris to have options to change up if he chooses. I am all about creating a space that has many available changes at his disposal without being permanent.

Sectioning fender to hood, adjustments were limited so I resort to my old method to level panel to panel.
1404173370_zps15a0e5de.jpg

Gapping fender to hood.
1404173382_zps243880ed.jpg

1404173362_zps7d6ac3ff.jpg

1404173393_zps3c0cfa48.jpg

Sorry for the high res pics =)

Wow.....that's a lot of work. Cool to see this come together!

its all this work that will make the finished product ... but I agree, theres lots going on ... this will look amzing when done!

That hood gives me wood.

Back