• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

If you guys only knew exactly how much work is going into this, it would blow your mind. I said it several times during the course of this build, but will say it again. Gil has done a great job and I consider myself very lucky that he took on this project. Truth be told; he was somewhat tricked. Originally I had no plans to go all out and save myself some fun projects when I get home towards the end of the year, but things quickly progressed into something much, much bigger. Gil has taken it all into stride and has done some amazing things while being a parent, having a real job, a life, and somehow...some way still have time to work this project. Pretty amazing if you ask me as I am not sure I would be able to do the same.

I have many things to thank him for:

1. For turning me into a complete, pathetic parts whore.
2. Helping me realize that who needs retirement when you have a badass NSX?

The rest of the list is long, but distinguished! :)

Thanks again for everything, Gil.

- - - Updated - - -

That hood gives me wood.

Dave,

Would that be Siskle or Ebert speaking? LOL

Thanks Chris, The therapy has helped quite a bit!!!

-To complete everything it's all about time management with flexibility within agenda.
-Yes, you're a parts whore!
-My son plans to build a stand and car wash out of legos for your car.
-Don't forget to thank Tre (my Son) for using a rubber mallet to check for soft spots on your OEM rotors. According to him it is FMC (Full Mission Capable)
-Retirement.... What's that!

Comptech harness bar set up
1404664994_zps955b06cc.jpg

RFY carbon door sills and vacuum tubing.
1404664985_zps7a6d9b3a.jpg

1404664976_zpscd8ae911.jpg

Spoon reservoir sox, Thermostat, Koyo radiator caps and magnetic bolts.
1404664961_zps7c8d19d0.jpg

Hi Chris,

How old is that magazine? The front end on the 2015 NSX looks so much cleaner and more like an evolution of the 02's than the much debated (and unliked) Acura beak ....

Ref the sills, its hard to tell from the photo but I presume the weave goes in opposing directions when they are installed?

Looking forward to your interior secrets being revealed ... and hoping to reveal my own interior upgrade later this month ...

regards, Paul

Hi Chris,

How old is that magazine? The front end on the 2015 NSX looks so much cleaner and more like an evolution of the 02's than the much debated (and unliked) Acura beak ....

regards, Paul

Here you go Paul

Dated June2014
1404762529_zps02578038.jpg

1404762515_zps5c2c79ec.jpg

1404762520_zpsd417593c.jpg

Here are some parts that have migrated to a corner of the room while re-organizing. I should take a panoramic pic of the whole room, a lot of additional parts are either installed or not pictured.... REDICULOUS!!!
1404794473_zpsd32afad6.jpg

Last edited:
Some progress pics of the LED Tail Lights! These are only in the mock up stage, but Alec has done a great job!

Turn Signal
wthyjwq.jpg

Brake Light
asdferht.jpg

Parking/Running Lights
asdsdf.jpg

Ahhh! This is supposed to be an S2000 replacement. Sh*t........................ SIGN ME UP!

S2000_render_front.jpg
Looks wicked!!... Except for the rear end... Why does it look like a Civic in the back... So underwhelming and doesn't go with the rest of this incredible redesign.

Sorry Chris, didn't mean to pull your thread off track, maybe a moderator can shift a few posts?

Gil, thanx for the info ... Had a good look at the parts photo, don't see any new interior toys ...

Last edited:
You're such a tease :biggrin:

Paul,

You have seen a sneak peak on the first page! No other hints until completion though. lol

I'm wondering where my critic is?????

I've personally had bad experience on the street with the spoon thermostat. It always ran too cold and was only useful on the track. I prefer the mugen one as a good go between as with that one, my car would warm up and stay warm as stock.

I've personally had bad experience on the street with the spoon thermostat. It always ran too cold and was only useful on the track. I prefer the mugen one as a good go between as with that one, my car would warm up and stay warm as stock.

Thank you for the review, B2FiNiTY. I was contemplating the spoon vice the mugen, but am happy I went with the mugen instead.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO!!! Good to know you are still around!

Back