• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$3200 quote for TB/WP ?!?!

I am a new NSX owner in San Diego (2000 Red/Tan). I will post picks soon I promise.
As part of my PPI I learned that the car was due for TB/WP replacement. The guys at Greenlight did the inspection. Then they quoted me $3200 for the service. Looking around it seems that most owners are getting this service for MUCH less. I know that Jerry at Greenlight has a great reputation, but is that worth that much extra?

Looking forward to meeting all of the local SoCal owners.

That does seem high. Shopping around I have had been quoted $1600 - $2400

Dingo-

Congrats, I have the same year and color combo

PICS !

There are better quotes out there for you, may have to drive north a bit to find what you are seeking from LA shops

$3200 is very high for that service...
shoot for a median price of $1800-ish depending on what else you have to fix/replace once the mechanic gets into it

Whats your mileage?

Did you confirm it was just for the TB/WP? If you include other likely items like valve adjustment, valve cover gaskets, some coolant hoses, vtec solenoid gaskets, and a myriad of other maintenance items that should probably be changed while doing a TB/WP the bill will add up.

Just saying :)

Did you confirm it was just for the TB/WP? If you include other likely items like valve adjustment, valve cover gaskets, some coolant hoses, vtec solenoid gaskets, and a myriad of other maintenance items that should probably be changed while doing a TB/WP the bill will add up.

+1 Jerry will likely do all those things while he is in there. Before I sold my car he did that service and it was around that price.

I second that. Jerry did mine about two years ago, and it included all that for around that price. Knowing it was being done correctly by him made it worth it. Don't skimp on getting your NSX worked on. It's a large, probably one time investment so make sure it's done right. Nick in North County comes highly recommended and has a nice shop, too. Congrats on your new NSX, red/tan looks awesome!

-Michael

Last edited:
+3 Ramon has taken very good care of me in the past and will definitely get the job when mine needs the service which is very soon by the way...

If it's for just the TB/WP then way too much.

But if you are over 100K miles then the above ^^^^^^^ may be the reason for the cost. But if you are well under 100K then the gaskets, seals and hoses should be fine.

Ramon and Tom at Niguel Motors will still be able to do any of the above work for less than that and you will get TOP quality service.

I am a new NSX owner in San Diego (2000 Red/Tan). I will post picks soon I promise.
As part of my PPI I learned that the car was due for TB/WP replacement. The guys at Greenlight did the inspection. Then they quoted me $3200 for the service. Looking around it seems that most owners are getting this service for MUCH less. I know that Jerry at Greenlight has a great reputation, but is that worth that much extra?

Looking forward to meeting all of the local SoCal owners.

What were your outcomes? You asked for feedback on repair costs. A thank you would be nice...

When I used to work in SD, Greenlight took care of me. The price seem about right, in he includes all of the typical 100k mile item that should be looked at/replaced.

I met Jerry through the gentleman I bought my NSX from and we clicked right away. Now I have Jerry at Greenlight doing all my cars and would highly recommend his work. As previous posters have stated, that price likely includes all the things that should be done as part of the TB/WP work - and as another poster stated, don't skimp on your NSX - even as a long time NSX admirer and new owner, I think it is imperative to have a highly qualified tech who is highly knowledgeable w/regards to NSX's working on your NSX. I'm sure all others who have been referred on this thread are equally credible.

BTW - I was there on the Saturday when Jerry was doing your pre-purchase inspection - great looking red NSX - nice clear bra too - whoever did that was highly skilled, especially working in the nose complimenting curved application. Most I have seen are straight across. I was there picking up my wife's TL. I wish I had been there when you came in to pick it up, to give you a good word on Jerry and Greenlight as a fellow NSXer and to compliment you on your purchase.

Back