• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

6 years...hard work...patience.....today my NSX is in the garage!!! (pics)

Congrats on your purchase, the car looks great.

I don't think it matters what side seat is posted. What I think we're trying to get at is the texture of the leather. In the original picture shown, there seems to be some very slight wear(hence the leather creases/wrinkles on the bolster and center pieces, whereas the second picture shows a nice smooth surface with no visible marks on the same parts. Don't get me wrong, the cars interior still looks great for having 25k miles, but I wouldn't expect it to look exactly like it did when it first rolled off the line.

Veleno said:
Congrats on your purchase, the car looks great.

I don't think it matters what side seat is posted. What I think we're trying to get at is the texture of the leather. In the original picture shown, there seems to be some very slight wear(hence the leather creases/wrinkles on the bolster and center pieces, whereas the second picture shows a nice smooth surface with no visible marks on the same parts. Don't get me wrong, the cars interior still looks great for having 25k miles, but I wouldn't expect it to look exactly like it did when it first rolled off the line.

Ok, then, so the seats have been used for a few years, so 97% i'll reduce my verdict to 95%. It was still not a deal breaker for me. I think if I treat them with some leather care I'll be just fine.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It's nice to be a REAL member! I've been lurking around this board for 5 years or so.

Now the REAL world of cars will be explored.

Those pesky center console switches....

First off, congratulations on your purchase! It's an exquisite ride, enjoy.

And maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know yet, but what are the switch/buttons in center console for? I haven't seen that before. I imagine they're some options not available to those of us here in the States. If anyone knows, or IF you don't mind BITer, a pic of those would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Re: Those pesky center console switches....

xxmerlynxx said:
First off, congratulations on your purchase! It's an exquisite ride, enjoy.

And maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know yet, but what are the switch/buttons in center console for? I haven't seen that before. I imagine they're some options not available to those of us here in the States. If anyone knows, or IF you don't mind BITer, a pic of those would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

The switches in the center are:
OEM Fog lights front, OEM foglights back, height adjustment of main lights and .... cant remember the last one. Damn, I'll look tomorrow. (Hey, I've had the car for 2 days!) I'll do a close up pic soon.

Cheers
B

Hey.. great car!! I have to agree about getting larger wheels though. I love my 96 wheels on the 93..

Thanks, BITeR.......:D That's too cool! I like the main light height adjusters & I think it gives the "cockpit" a more complete look. Could be fairly easily implemented into a US version?
:confused:

Re: Re: Those pesky center console switches....

BITeR said:
The switches in the center are:
OEM Fog lights front, OEM foglights back, height adjustment of main lights and ....

... headlight washer! :)

dash.jpg

Greets
Micha

My X...

Congratulations!! Oh yeah, I know the feeling. Ever since I saw the first NSX on the promo brochures and on the dealer showroom I've wanted one. My dream took a lot longer though - 12.5 - 13 years.

ENJOY - I'm sure you will :D :D.

Hi Biter

Congrats...nice car.

Damn it now I can not sleep because of you getting your car. :eek:

I have to wait some more, but some day hopefully next year.

Looking forward to that day when I walk out onto the parking lot looking for my NSX. Ohoo I am looking forward to that feeling :)

Enjoy your car.

Can I visit you in Oslo this summer and have a look?

Please PM me or email.

Regards

Congratulations! You finally did it... did you get it in Germany?
In Switzerland a dealer had a car for 10 years unregistered (1991-2001) and finally last year it was driven... :eek:

If you do not mind, how much did you pay? Nice car, again, compliments!

Nice NSX!

Hope to see you soon on a track across europe.

Mich

Long time since I've been here but rumours said you finally had bought the car of your dreams. Lokks like a real beauty! Congratulations and welcome to the exclusive society of NSX-owners in Norway. As far as I know there are currently 15 cars, of them 3 Acura.
By the way, we had a North-Norwegian NSX-meeting last weekend, and both of us came.....
Could you mail me your address and production year and I will add you to my list (or rather move you from a "NSX wannabe" to the "Owners section... LOL

BITeR said:
A dealer bought it 1991 and put it in his store window on display. (unregisrered it for 8 years) I guess he was preserving it for me, LOL...

I was wondering what the "sitting in a showroom" statement was about as well. I do find it quite unusual that it was unregistered for 8 years. :eek: I guess the dealer was having a good time using it as his own personal car. :D

Congratulations as well. And welcome to the club.

Regards.

Hi

I met up with Biter today and had a look at his car..

It looked really good. I hope I can be able to sleep tonight. Biter took me for a testdrive.

I am now even more determined to be the 16'th Nsx in Norway

Regards

It's been a long 6 years since I started dreaming about NSX ownership.

Congratulations. Took me a little more than 10 years to make my dream a reality...feels great, doesn't it! :D

Interior Condition

I think the interior looks great. The picture seems to highlight some texture in the leather that appears worn, but look closely at the seat bolster - there are NO small cracks or spider webbing, let alone more wear. I think this is the real indication of the seat quality - they would have to be nearly new to not show these types of cracks.

Congratulations on your new car!

I agree with soichiro regarding the seats. Thats the first thought that came to my mind is how good the driver's side bolster looks for a 91'. It looks way better than my 97'.

Congratulations on finding such a nice example!

Back