• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura RL brake upgrade ??

Has anyone ever upgraded OEM brakes to Acura RL brakes? I have been considering doing this (if feasible) but haven't been able to locate a thread pertaining to this. Any links or info would be appreciated :smile:

A better, more effective upgrade would be a set of 4 slotted Frozen Rotors or Power Slot Cryo slotted rotors, a set of CarboTech AX6 pads and ATE Type 200 fluid. I'd also rebuild the calipers while you are at it.

I dont know what year your car is so if you are a pre 97 MY you could always just upgrade the brackets and install the 97+ larger rotors you go from 286mm all round to 298fr and 303mm rear, this is a very cost effective upgrade.
If that still doesn't do it for you and you want a BBK look install the Spoon calipers on the front, it's what I have currently and its a very good system, I also have the newer model ABS and run better brake fluid and pads.

Back