• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*ALERT* Stolen Car!!!

ROTFL!!! I loved that one with the Predator and the missile! Too funny. =)

OMG...I'm sorry to hear that dude. Without words. My heart goes out to you. I guess the bright side is that you can get a new one....?

Perhaps not direct linking to places that potential theives may be able to gain insight.

Layers of secuirty are eneded, to keep any car safe. Prevenative measures, like locking your doors.

Alarms, kill switches, clubs, etc, only give you more time, and time is precious to a theif. The more layers of secuirty you ahve, teh safer your car is.

Perhaps not direct linking to places that potential theives may be able to gain insight.

I don't think theives would need to come to Prime to learn how to steal cars. They would also need to read this entire thread to find it. If anyone else feels I should remove this I will.

My reason for the post was to inform NSX owners that this is not as great a security measure as advertised. If you don't know it than you will continue with your false sense of security.

I don't even believe in the layers of security belief. No matter what you do it will only keep an amatuer from stealing your car. I have seen people spend thousands of dollars on a security system because they have been sold a false sense of security. Pop the hood and you find the alarm power wire ran right down the side of the hood. Easy access for a thief, $2000 alarm worthless from a $1 coat hanger. In order to get a security system that would be truly effective you would need to spend a lot more than most people would want to spend. I did one once and had at least 30 hours into it.

Now I have a little more than a basic alarm, tracking device, and the best thing against theft INSURANCE.

Update! They found the car! I have to go down to the police station to pick it up. No idea what the condition of the car is. Here's to hoping it's all in one piece as I left it. I'll let you guys know.

Darkcyd said:
Update! They found the car! I have to go down to the police station to pick it up. No idea what the condition of the car is. Here's to hoping it's all in one piece as I left it. I'll let you guys know.

Heh... this *might* be good news! Keep us posted!

I hope the car is ok too! Sounds like they may have just taken it for a joy ride... lets hope!

I am crossing my fingers for you.

I'm on pins and needles waiting to find out if your baby's back in one piece, but I'll understand if you don't get back to us right away (since you'll probably be out driving in celebration).

I'm glad they found the car Darkcyd. Do let us know what condition it is in, and what the details of the recovery were. Best of luck. I hope your car is returned to you with minimal damage.

Regards.

the silence........................................................maybe he's still outside hugging the car. (positive thought reinforcement) ;)

Ok, here is the damage report without taking into consideration the possibility of the car being bottomed out(body shop needs to inspect).

Lock key cylinder violated with a screwdriver and or other probe(may or may not need painting to fix)

Ignition switch destroyed and steering column damaged in the process.

Front and Rear bumper damaged due to morons using the feel method of parking. Slight paint damage only.

Items not bolted down removed from interior of vehicle(cb, cd's, rolex and a dozen monte blanc pens). Stereo and Nos untouched. Wheels are present.

Car had less than 10 miles put on the ODO and was found less that 5 blocks from crime scene.

Oil or other substance sprayed on interior and exterior as to deny fingerprinting procedures from law inforcement.

Vince will post more later.
John

Thats awesome that the car wasn't total destroyed. Ofcourse its been violated, but atleast the NOS, stereo, and wheels are there. These are the first things I would have thought would be missing. What kind of joy ride is 10 miles? And how was it only 5 blocks away and took days and days to find? Just curious. Hope the car can be brought back to good as new.
Best of luck
Z

I had always been my philosophy that if my car is stolen, I don't want it back. I want them to destroy it. The reason being all the stuff they have done to this car. Sounds like they might have ruined the paint and the interior. That is just awful. I hope they catch the bastards!

I guess this would be a good reason to get a tracking system on the cars.

Back