• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alfa Romeo 4c spider... who has actual knowledge or opinion?

Hello all,Seriously considering buying a 2015, low mileage 4 c spider. NOT selling my NSX.Does anyone out there have one? a friend have one? driven one?Looking for opinions of people who are not trying to sell me one or trying to bolster the image of the car or explain their possibly poor decision of buying one!!!If I go to the 4C site... everyone just says how wonderful they are.This particular car I am considering has considerable factory warranty left"opinions" are fine vs "fact"... but please state the differencethanks to all... it's a rather large decision.

Reach out to Elizabeth Pielsticker, not sure what her name on prime is, but she and her husband have one, that she tracks.

Rented one from Turo and shook it down at local canyons. was impressed with the stiff and no noise tub and the solid brakes. 0-100+ mph is decent. Steering is communicative, at rest is a bit harder than NSX manual but not a big deal as its ~2500lbs. Not super car like accel but you can use all the HP. My had the Akrapovic exhaust and I was surprised it sounded really good compare to oem or other aftermarket which sounded more like a flat fart but loud.
Put it on the bucket list!

My brother owns one and I’ve driven it some on the street and autocross. I think it’s a great car. I haven’t felt a more solid chassis; my NA2 is not even remotely comparable. Although the suspension is relatively stiff for the street, the chassis stiffness and quietness helps make the suspension quite tolerable.

My big complaints with the 4C are from a normal usability perspective. Lack of in-cabin storage is fairly extreme. The stock “race” exhaust is pretty awful, with a loud drone at cruising speeds.

The 4C feels plenty quick up to about 80 mph, and then starts to trail off. I like the transmission but it was a bit cumbersome to have to shift between 2-3 during autocross. The brakes are great feeling, like perhaps no other car I have experienced. I always found it entertaining when some classic NSX fans would insist the NSX does not have mushy brakes; nobody could maintain that position after feeling a car like the 4C.

Many in the 4C world tout the benefit of certain mods, including spacer blocks for the front suspension. Those who track like the noncompliance rear bearings. Apparently an exhaust with a hemholtz resonator cures the drone. And most like the benefit of a tune. My brother hasn’t modified his yet.

Thanks to all for the input. I did get a chance to ride in once since I posted and also had that same owner really give me a tour of the car.It's so unbelievably sexy with all those curves and that carbon fiber and that sound.BUT.. reality is, I am going to have this in Florida.. and in truth, I drive on only one road... A1A on the east coast... billiard table smooth..... absolutely NO turns..... 45 mph speed limit... cop every two feet with NOTHING to do but write tickets!!! I'll keep my NSX up here in Michigan... which in reality... is just plain MEAN because of our national disgrace roads.. And will keep my vette convertible for cruising in a straight line in florida.It breaks my heart to pass on such an awesome, realtivily inexpensive car. But it's just too impractical Wish I would have bought a 2nd NSX when they were "only 40,000!!"I was SO SURE I was going to buy that car... I feel like I just FOUND 52,000!!! in my mind, the money was spent!!again thanks to all for the thoughts

As an afterthought... not that I have any experience with this... I can imagine that owning an Alfa 4 c spider would be like dating the hottest, crazy bitch supermodel you've ever seen. Everybody drools.... but they don't know all the downsides!!!but oh, what a ride!!!

As an afterthought... not that I have any experience with this... I can imagine that owning an Alfa 4 c spider would be like dating the hottest, crazy bitch supermodel you've ever seen. Everybody drools.... but they don't know all the downsides!!!but oh, what a ride!!!

Hi Greg, haven't seen you in a while (Jeff in Farmington Hills here -- /94 Formula Red -- Brian/Judi and Mike M's friend). Hope you are doing well. I think you have made a sound decision. Then there is that elephant in the room........RELIABILITY. Suspect not Honda-like. Fun until falls apart. Hope to see you one of these days.

Back