• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alien vs Predator

I can't wait to see this movie since I have seen all the original Alien and Predator movies. The only thing that I didn't understand is why either Sigourney Weaver or Arnold Schwarzenegger did not star in this movie :confused:

Because the story doesn't require it & would actually be hampered by them. Read the comics. Predators go where it's hot to hunt. Aliens just need some organism for the face huggers to latch onto & start the embryo. Throw homo sapiens in the middle and it's a blood bath with us being the weakest species by far.

I'm looking forward to this movie, though a part of me knows it won't meet my expectations. The whole concept has soooo much potential. I'm just worried AvP will become just ANOTHER comicbook movie with bad CG effects and a yawn-inducing storyline.

Now Aliens vs. Mr.Wolf... that would be an interesting film. I'll put my money on the Aliens though. :D

Although Sigourney Weaver or Arnold Schwarzenegger are not starring in AVP, Lance Henriksen aka Bishop from one of the previous Alien movies is in AVP..:confused:...I wonder is he still going to be one of those androids or something :confused:

Arnold was only in Predator 1. Predator 2 was a stinker IMHO, it did have some memorable moments though. The meat locker scene comes to mind. As for Weavers roll, hasnt she died like 5 times during the duration of the aliens movies? :D I only enjoyed the 1st & 2nd film. I just hope this is a good popcorn movie, thats all I expect out of it. I dig the Predators new masks.

Predator 2 was on Australian commerical TV last night. Very late mind you. I don't know why i sat and watched it because it's pretty crap. So many explosions and near-misses... *yawn*. It totally failed in it's attempt to recapture the atmosphere of the 1st predator movie in an Urban environment. The meat locker scene where the Predator chances visions is cool. And what's up with Danny Glover; at the end he slices up a predator with the disc, but he's running around with it under his arm?! and it doesn't cut him? :confused: I think Danny Glover thought he was in another Lethal Weapon movie... :D

I was thinking last night i wish I had the chance to write Predator 3... it would own! But can anything think of a situation that would justify an NSX turning up in a rainforest scene? :p :D

And as for Sigourney Weaver dying so many times... why don't they just clone an army of Ripley's... oh wait... that sounds like another film. :p

First off, the movie takes place today. Sigourney was not born yet. And Arnold, well, maybe he retired or something. The reason behind Lance Henriksen is that he owns the company that would later produce these androids. In other words, they were created out of his likeness.

Two of my friends worked on the movie designing the props/costumes and sad to say, they pretty much said it kind of stunk...unless they did some major, major last minute editing. In other words guys, expect a crap movie. A shame really.

Spinner said:
The reason behind Lance Henriksen is that he owns the company that would later produce these androids. In other words, they were created out of his likeness.
Just wondering, since I haven't really paid close attention to the details in the Alien 3, was the Lance Henricksen character a robot, or a human?

Either way, it's still rather odd that the company, Weyland-Yutani, would stay in operation AND continue to produce the same looking robots for several centuries, in spite of producing an Ashe version before "Aliens" time.

I guess plot continuity can't make complete sense in the Alien universe. ;)

Also, Alien Resurrection seemed to imply that the alien infestation was making its way toward Earth. Having a hive in present day Earth really breaks things up the timeflow. If anything, they should've kept the AVP timeline later into the future. That would've allowed the humans to have really cool hardware. :D JMO.

-Randy

1TITENSX said:
Check out this clip of a Predator kicking some Alien butt!! One more week...can't wait!
Nice, that's the kind of stuff I'd want to see. Minimize the human element. :D

Still, some of the stunts in that scene looked either a bit hokie, or composited a bit bad. But regardless, I just want to sit in the theater and be amused. More scenes like that would do much to humor me. I just don't want the matchup to let me down like "King Kong vs. Godzilla" did. :D

MF-DIF said:
I just hope this is a good popcorn movie, thats all I expect out of it.
Exactly!!! :D

Now here's a movie idea i'd pay to see... <FONT SIZE=+1><B>Aliens vs Predator vs Darth Vader vs the FuryNSX.</B></FONT> :D

Now it sounds like a silly WWF match-off, but i'd put my money on you Fury! (BTW, if you didn't survive, could i have your car? :D ) The battle could be touted as "The Baddest of the Bad". ;)

FuryNSX wrote:
...to the details in the Alien 3, was the Lance Henricksen character a robot, or a human?

In Alien 3, Lance was the human who the andriod's design was based on. Pretty stupid way to devalue your own life. :rolleyes: I really wish stupid hollywood directors and idiot script writers wouldn't mess with the Alien Universe. Sometimes it's better to not try and explain a poor scripting decision: it's just insulting to us. :D Or here's a thought... let's think of the Alien Universe and think of something that fits, rather than making up something and then fitting it. kinda like a square peg in a round hole. :rolleyes:

btw, Nice link <B>ITITENSX</B>!!!

Ok, I went to see AVP last night. The movie was ok. I give it about a 7 out of 10. I am not going to spoil everyone's fun but there wasn't enough battling btwn the Predators and Aliens for me :(

1TITENSX said:
I am not going to spoil everyone's fun but there wasn't enough battling btwn the Predators and Aliens for me :(
With the human element thrown into the mix, that was to be expected. I imagine most of the alien vs predator fights were shown in the recent commercial barrage.

I saw it this afternoon and agree, it's about a 7 out of 10. The ending, well, I won't spoil it but I wasn't too pleased with it.

My turn. Saw it tonight. Good movie, but definetly not a great movie. Kept me amused for the bulk of the time. I'll thrown in my observations in a few days after those that want to watch it have already seen it.

-Randy

P.S. One thing I can say.......It's definitely my second favorite Predator movie AND my second favorite Alien movie. But then again, I personally don't like Alien, Alien3, or Alien Resurrection. :D

i liked it. I was really worried cause i had been awaiting this movie for 4 years, and i thought there was just no way the buildup (in my small mind) could be met by any m ovie... but i actually liked it quite a bit.

Back