• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

and the competition steps it up already - there's a new McLaren & Lambo almost here..

We all know that Musk got a McLaren F1 when he made it big (i.e. he likes big performance) and his flagships (ex. P100D) have given the company cred for 0-60 times.

He is a big disruption kind of player, so now he skips over supercars and disrupts the hyper car space. I would have put a deposit in but $50K is too much for a deposit in my mind and who knows when they will be ready (let alone the first 1000 for the $250,000 price and that full amount needs to be paid now).

I am hoping he gives the roadster prototype to a few journalists to try and provide some impressions of this plaid mobile.

but you're not mentioning that the owner goes from a gen 1 R8 with a V8 (not V10) to the gen 2 NSX. not quite a direct comparison you might say. there's about 10 years between those two cars..

but you're not mentioning that the owner goes from a gen 1 R8 with a V8 (not V10) to the gen 2 NSX. not quite a direct comparison you might say. there's about 10 years between those two cars..

True - however the replies are from various R8 owners so we can see their mentality on what are the positive and negative aspects of both cars.

Reading the replies it seems most people feel the interior on the R8 is far superior to the NSX. Badge snobbery was another point brought up that we also discussed here. Performance was lightly touched on too but as we all know, this is just one criteria since we don't all live on the race track.

Other cars mentioned included the AMG GT, Mclaren 570, Porsche and Lambo cars. Customers in this price range do cross-shop these cars regardless if price is a factor. In the sub 150k range, the NSX and R8 butt heads moreso than any other car. Porsche is a common "other" choice but everyone agrees the Porsche is not the exotic "looker" of the bunch, great car if you wanted to fly under the radar.

Once you are in the 200k+ range, it's all about McLaren, Lambo and Ferrari. Acura has shown it cannot compete in this price category similar to what Dodge tried to do with the Viper and had to drop their price.

Back