• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

And there she goes......

The new owner of 2002 #5 drove off with her a couple hours ago.

Take good care of her "S" and introduce yourself to the Board once you get back home. Im really sad to see her go.

WHAT A GREAT DRIVE TO START WITH!

DSC_9105.jpg

She will be well taken care of I can assure you of that. I can't wait to ride in this beast! I'm so jealous too :biggrin:

was #5 a cdn spec car?

sad to part with it, but i hope it wasn't for monetary reasons and that you will be getting a new toy soon

Indeed #5 was a CDN car. I was the one who drove it home from the dealer.

It is also supercharged and wickedly over maintained.

That car is probably the best I will ever own. It wont be the fastest, or the most expensive, but Im putting my chips on the best.

April 23rd 2011. Sad sad day.

Reason for selling was because it does not have back seats. I need back seats.

The new owner got a CRAZY deal, but Im glad that he bought it because he has:

1) Promised to join the NSXCC,
2) Promised that he will make Winnipeg's chapter better,
3) Because I think that he will be a great bridge to build momentum for the Club out west. Now we need someone to sell their car to a Vancouver person.

Safe journeys #5. Miss you already.:(

can you say " chaaa. chinggg...." 50-grand in someone's bank account, *sigh*, nice feeling eh former owner?

congrats to both!

I would imagine this is a bittersweet moment. Congrats on offloading the car before having it on the market officially, it certainly seems to buck the trend of staying on the market for months.

I'm sure you'll miss it and we all know in a few years, you'll make time and space provisions for another one. It reminds me of a Michael Corleone quote.

"Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

Sounds like the car is staying local. Can't wait to meet the owner. My guess is one of the Seans. Come out with it already.........:tongue:

I will be the first to say this.

...not it...

I will be the first to say this.
...not it...

You should have just bite the bullet and pick this one up..... we so needed this to stay local. Winnipeg is one lucky town to be adding #5 to the scene.. it well never be the same in the Toronto Beaches! Now the purple "2nd wife" would be the only one living by the beach...
Sad day indeed....

What's next for you D?

Last edited:
No No No - there is another.

A newly arrived black 2002+ has been seen by my wife and I a few times these past weeks.

It has to live in the area. Im trying to find it!

Looks lowered and has NSXR wing.

But yeah, as glad as I am to see the car moving far away (because I never want to run into it - Im very sad!) someone from TO should have bought this car.

Guess all the smart guys are in Winnipeg these days :wink:

Deaners,

From the states, feel your pain in letting this go. Pretty sure you have realized already that you will be in the "back seat" of this/your yellow NSX always, new owner(s) willing.

Keep your chin up.

Sorry to see it go Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad

Who the 7734 is this guy Ody? We know him? :biggrin:

Expect some pics from the 204 very soon guys :smile:

"S" and I are coming from S2000s and the next logical step is the NSX. I will have mine one day I hope.

Dave, it is a drag to lose a owner like you. IMO, you're a great guy.
Best regards. Joe

Sad to see the car go, but good on ya for finding a new owner with his/her heart in the right place. NSXCC needs more western representation for it to be a truly national club.

Hope to see what becomes of it at its new home.

Dave, hope you stick around these parts like Sean. It would be a shame to see you go too. I can sense a bit of withdrawal already. Hope you don't regret this decision like I've seen many other times in the past on this site. The NSX is a car that one can almost take for granted until its gone. :frown: The back seats argument can grow thin too ;)

Fair winds and Following seas #5.
The saddest part is that Dave's wife is noticing another NSX already before Dave's has even left town. Sad, so sad.

Dave your NSX was awesome - but you made it into the car it is. Not to worry you'll find love again. It'll be great. You know when Clare is riding around in that Black NSX she's been eyeing, you'll be in a younger car with bigger turbos.

Dave, hope you stick around these parts like Sean. It would be a shame to see you go too. I can sense a bit of withdrawal already. Hope you don't regret this decision like I've seen many other times in the past on this site. The NSX is a car that one can almost take for granted until its gone. :frown: The back seats argument can grow thin too ;)

Oh, I will be around, probably more than last year!

Withdrawl? Hell yeah, I didnt want to sell it! But take your 6yo to hockey practice at 6AM in February with 6 inches of snow on the road in your NSX and tell me how that works out.

its always sad to see something you've owned and loved part ways with you but i guess its for the better ...with your family and your commitment to them it always good to hear your moving onto something that will be of use to the whole family...anyways hope you maybe one day pick up another nsx :smile:

Hey dave did you buy the car brand new in 2002?

Last edited:
well guess the cats out of the bag...i was the one that purchased daves car! Dave is a fantastic guy to deal with. He picked me up from the airport in the jaw dropping nsx, and made the transaction very smooth. we did run into a snag on my end but Dave being such an amazing guy came up with a solution and next thing i knew i was heading back west to Winnipeg. (he even through in a pizza lunch with the deal :tongue:)

i just got in so im pretty exhausted, but i must say it was a 2091.7km of pure awesomeness 2 day drive back. Thanks again Dave for all your help and i will talk to you soon. Time for bed!

proud owner of #5 and 1 of 5 Canadian 02+ :biggrin:

by the way..."S" stands for Shawn lol, hopefully we get the winnipeg chapter going

Last edited:
Wow Dave! I never thought I would see you sell the nsx. Don't worry you can always get another. What are you getting next? I thought the Audi s4 would make a great all year car for Toronto.

Oh, I will be around, probably more than last year!

Withdrawl? Hell yeah, I didnt want to sell it! But take your 6yo to hockey practice at 6AM in February with 6 inches of snow on the road in your NSX and tell me how that works out.

6am hockey practice in 6" of snow you say? Been there, done that. M5's work great in the snow ;)

Here she is at the first ever Est Fest!

038a.jpg

Another from Est Fest!

087b.jpg

#5 was #1 at Mosport!

2.jpg

But most importantly, here are just a small number of the awesome people I met through #5

Larry and Stu!
327.jpg

Titus!
329.jpg

The paparazzi Lucas and Bob!
309.jpg

Stu!
097.jpg

Bram
135.jpg

Commander Paul Henault
312.jpg

I love Joe!
069.jpg

Friends forever, Sean and Becky
240.jpg

Larry sniffing out a problem - I know whats wrong with it - its RED!
169.jpg

Garrick - inventor of all the crazy stuff
122.jpg

NSXTECH Rob
084.jpg

Liz Rocks!
172a.jpg

Everyone else!
Ohio2007.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Dave! I never thought I would see you sell the nsx. Don't worry you can always get another. What are you getting next? I thought the Audi s4 would make a great all year car for Toronto.

I know, it's crazy! But such is life. Priorities change. Maybe they'll change back!

Great pics Dave. Good to know we'll see you around.

Back