• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any member in the LA area able to check this NSX out?

Both my friend Vince (Darkcyd) and I looked at it. I felt that the asking price was way over what it was worth. It did however have the indicated 34,000 miles. .

The seats had some wear, the paint was glossy but looked like it had a large number of swirl marks and had some rock chips on the front. It was missing the front lip spoiler, the transmission is in SnapRing range and it hasn't been fixed (nor has preventative maintanance been done). There was a small dent in the front driver fender. . Timing Belt, Waterpump and tensioner were done in April 2001 (I personally called Acura 101 in Calabasas). Clutch was recently replaced but both my friend and I could smell it burning when the guy drove it up. . we think it had something to do with the drivers driving style. . . Window regulators probably haven't been switched and the struts to the engine bay are shot.

Body does look straight and the Carfax comes back clean. Out of the 3 NSXs I've gone to look at SoCal, this one is definitely ranked last. I'd give it an overall grade of a "B" to "B+" condition.

If you're seriously interested in a Black NSX, I know a guy selling his. . . its a 1991, and all the small things were taken care of (waterpump, tranmission, clutch, window regulators, gas shocks). The condition was IMHO a grade "A", but it had closer to 60,000 miles. He's located around the LAX airport area. He had 2 sets of seats and the newer 16/17" wheels as well as the original 15s. PM me if your serious and i'll pass along his info.

What he said. :smile: On a more serious note, we did check out the car and while it was in fair condition, it was by no means a buy it and leave it vehicle. It would definitely require some work to be done to bring it back to a more pristine condition. The asking price was also a bit high. Not because of the mileage but because of the maintenance issues and repairs. For somebody who was looking to modify anyway, this could work out if you were able to get it for a more competitive price.

Back