• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Mod(s) that you regret???

I bought my latest NSX about a year and a half ago, bone stock original owner black on black....well, as much as I appreciate seeing a bone stock NSX, I don't want to drive around in one....

For most of us, once you start, it's hard to stop.
It seems to never end....I keep telling my wife " this is the last thing I swear" :redface:

I just ordered some H&R's and hoping this will be the "last thing"...... For a while anyway:tongue:

All of my mods are reversible and easily could be put back to stock( just in case they start going crazy at collector auctions someday) and love all of them from my Pride LW exhaust, my wrap, bilstiens, to my wheels, etc..

But knowing how it never seems to end, is there any mods you kinda wish you didn't do or just wish you went a different route???

Also, what are you planning for your next Mod?

And are you done???:wink:

Last edited:
I regret spending money on mods before cosmetic fixes/overhauling subsystems that needed some love. I should have fixed all the little interior and paint issues that annoy me every time I look at them before spending a bunch of money on wheels, for example. I should have tracked down all the little noises that the car makes that bother me (squeaks and rattles) before putting a really nice stereo in the car.

The thing is, little fixes that require lots of your or your mechanic's time and pricey OEM parts cost as much as shiny new mods, and aren't anywhere near as significant/noticeable. They bring a subtler satisfaction. So it's hard to convince yourself to do them - when you're trying to make your eyes happy, do you repaint a panel that has a blemish that annoys you? Or do you spend the same amount of money on four new wheels? When you're trying to make your ears happy, do you fix the little squeaks and rattles that the car only makes in cold weather anyway, or do you buy a new stereo or exhaust?

So far I have no regrets with my mods. I've installed NSX-R Chassis bars and sway bars and Bilstein shocks. Oh, I almost forgot the SOS twins. The car still looks stock though, with original wheels..etc. And, I stayed conservative on HP and Boost. Like Batman, I did a lot of research before I changed anything. My next and last?? mod is a keyless entry and ignition system.

My lotto mods would be full 02 Nsx-R conversion :cool:

Then I'd be done :tongue:

I regret that the first mod was not a 6-speed tran with dual input shaft to retain the original dual clutch set-up, I was a moron and did air intake, suspension, chassis support, 05 interior sideskirts, rear lower, 05 rims etc. etc.

my 92 feels like my old 2004 yes folks..... my 3.0L feels exactly like the 3.2 its the second gear that changes the car

knowing what I know now and went back in time I would have told myself transmission first then the rest.

here the list I would have followed if I could go back

6-speed swap
05 rotors/calipers
headers
intake scoop
chassis supports
rims
05 interior
02+ skirts and rear lower
02+ rear tails
39.95 ebay HID kit last forever and it doesn't break the bank when it does blow same output as the 499 bs
done. car is complete never sell LOL

Mods I regret was aftermarket stereo system, I have converted it back to stock since.

That's not the first time I've heard that???

I love the way the oem Bose sounds...not a lot of boom, but that what exhaust is for:smile:

One of my favorite mods( not really a mod, but feels like it) was my $40 Bluetooth cassette ...love that thing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not the first time I've heard that???

I love the way the oem Bose sounds...not a lot of boom, but that what exhaust is for:smile:

One of my favorite mods( not really a mod, but feels like it) was my $40 Bluetooth cassette ...love that thing.
Can you post a link to the Bluetooth cassette adapter you bought??? I'm interested!!

Last edited:
I just don't get it.
You buy an iconic car that has been carefully preserved for over 20 years, and your first thought is to molest it.

Yep:biggrin:

Got a garage full of stock parts that can all go back on when hell freezes over....:tongue:

I just don't get it.
You buy an iconic car that has been carefully preserved for over 20 years, and your first thought is to molest it.
maybe your a stock kind of guy.
Modding is a way of personalizing cars. Thats why its a million dollar business. Toyko auto salon and SEMA are two examples of the limitless potential of car modifiying.
To the op. I have no regrets. I have a mental budget for every year(winter) that I want to accomplish and I spend too much time (as my wife says on prime) researching before I buy.
I spent "wheel" money on maintenance last year with Larry B. Just so I have peace of mind for years of modding to come.
And Prime is the best place to spend lots of time looking for new things to do your NSX to make it your own.

Ive had the screen, in dash cd, plain, It seems like the stock radio feels more "NSX" although it outdated. I parked right next to RCF/GTR, all fancier than NSX but it seems like less is moar!

I regret that the first mod was not a 6-speed tran with dual input shaft to retain the original dual clutch set-up, I was a moron and did air intake, suspension, chassis support, 05 interior sideskirts, rear lower, 05 rims etc. etc.

my 92 feels like my old 2004 yes folks..... my 3.0L feels exactly like the 3.2 its the second gear that changes the car

knowing what I know now and went back in time I would have told myself transmission first then the rest.

here the list I would have followed if I could go back

6-speed swap
05 rotors/calipers
headers
intake scoop
chassis supports
rims
05 interior
02+ skirts and rear lower
02+ rear tails
39.95 ebay HID kit last forever and it doesn't break the bank when it does blow same output as the 499 bs
done. car is complete never sell LOL

Is there a reason you specified the twin disc setup?

the twin disc setup doesn't heat up as fast as the single disc during hard driving. doesn't shudder when hot

and last 5 times longer than the single.

its been 4-5 years since I put the 6-speed in I think and its still strong and I drive my NSX harder than most redline from stop sign to stop sign daily.

I am about to find out. I just committed to installing new Comptech headers and Tubi exhaust. Add to that, I have a Science of Speed ECU that will get plugged in...wish me luck. I am thinking I will get a solid 50-70 who out of these mods alone (10-15 from ECU, 30-40 headers, 10-15 exhaust).

I just don't get it.

I can understand where you are coming from. It is an incredible car the way it was built. But after a few years of driving one stock, I began to see that the car had so much more potential than it was given in its later years of production.

In my case, I feel that I corrected the few complaints that most NSX owners, potential owners or motor media hacks have had through the years. Like why wasn't the NSX-R or it's options offered in the U.S.? And, especially during the mid 90s to the end of production, why doesn't the NSX have horse power comparable to current exotics? I used OEM parts mostly except for the Twins. But, even there I spent extra $ and time making that install look as close to the way the factory would have done it. The car still appears basically stock. And I kept all of the OEM parts so the whole thing is reversible. Since this is my dream car, I have no intentions to sell it or save it for the next owner. This is my second NSX and I've driven them stock long enough to know what I wanted out of the car's performance and what it lacked to be the true supercar it was intended to be. So far it's reliability hasn't been compromised.

The car is basically over engineered and I believe that had the economy and sales held up, Honda fully intended to increase the HP and handling capabilities. And, though I've spent a little extra to keep the OEM look, it would have amounted to a $20k option +/- from the factory and that sounds about right if it were added to the sticker price. My 02 NSX would have had a $109K sticker price. I'm not sure if there would have been a market for it in 2002. Though, I'd like to think that had the option been offered, it might have sold a few more units. I see nothing wrong in keeping it stock if that's what you like. It's all a matter of personal preference.

No regrets. I've moved forward with my plan slowly but surely and have been happy with each step. Coming up I think I will do side skirts/rear diffuser/rear iLIFT/headers all together, but I should get a spare clutch ready first.

I can understand where you are coming from. It is an incredible car the way it was built. But after a few years of driving one stock, I began to see that the car had so much more potential than it was given in its later years of production.

In my case, I feel that I corrected the few complaints that most NSX owners, potential owners or motor media hacks have had through the years. Like why wasn't the NSX-R or it's options offered in the U.S.? And, especially during the mid 90s to the end of production, why doesn't the NSX have horse power comparable to current exotics? I used OEM parts mostly except for the Twins. But, even there I spent extra $ and time making that install look as close to the way the factory would have done it. The car still appears basically stock. And I kept all of the OEM parts so the whole thing is reversible. Since this is my dream car, I have no intentions to sell it or save it for the next owner. This is my second NSX and I've driven them stock long enough to know what I wanted out of the car's performance and what it lacked to be the true supercar it was intended to be. So far it's reliability hasn't been compromised.

The car is basically over engineered and I believe that had the economy and sales held up, Honda fully intended to increase the HP and handling capabilities. And, though I've spent a little extra to keep the OEM look, it would have amounted to a $20k option +/- from the factory and that sounds about right if it were added to the sticker price. My 02 NSX would have had a $109K sticker price. I'm not sure if there would have been a market for it in 2002. Though, I'd like to think that had the option been offered, it might have sold a few more units. I see nothing wrong in keeping it stock if that's what you like. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Modifications to make up for the lower power than what the competition had, while keeping the subtle Japanese design is the best of both worlds.
Your car appears stock yet is very powerful and has appropriate performance to go with it.
First class all the way.

The reverse, which we see so much of now, is the base car with it's less than competitive power to weight ratio, cluttered with add-ons that increase weight, drag, and understeer.
In effect slowing down a car already slow by today's standard.

Back