• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Tall NSX Drivers???

While I am waiting to get a chance for a test drive I thought I would ask if there are any drivers out there who are 6'4" or over. From what I can tell in the NSX specs, legroom should be no problem but headroom is going to be close.:eek:

What is your heighth and how well do you fit in the driver's seat?

Yes, there are a few of us. You'll just have to try it and see. I'm 6'6" and it's a very tight fit. I had to remove the seat cushion. See the FAQ for details. It's great for street driving, but there's still not enough room for me with a helmet.:( You can get a seat cushion from Dali Racing that will give you an extra 1-1.5" of headroom and retain some padding.

The steering wheel is adjustable for both tilt and telescope... you'll probably have to fiddle with both to get a comfortable fit.

Thanks for the info Bryan!! Im also 6'6 and wondered how I would fit in an NSX with the DALI seat cushion... If there is ANYONE around with the DALI seat cushion in the SO.CAL area that wouldnt mind me sitting and seeing if I can fit in one...I WOULD GREATLY APPRICIATE IT!!!!!

I'm just a tad under 6'-4". I have absolutely no problem with headroom. In fact, I have no problem with headroom even when I have a helmet on, provided that I switch out my seat cushion for the Dali racer seat cushion. Heck, the pad is comfortable enough that I have not even replaced my original in 3 months.

Last edited:
Davenator,

I am 6'4 220lbs. I would estimate that my torso and legs are about equal length. As you noted, leg room is not a problem. I have a little less than an inch of headroom though. Sometimes my hair brushes the headliner.

With you, it will depend on your proportions. If you are bumping your head, purchase the Dali cushion or take some of the foam out of the stock seat.

Davenator, just remember that you can make it work. Your height is a minor problem that can be overcome in many ways.

Have fun!

Davenator said:
How difficult is it to install the Dali cushion?
Not difficult at all. Took me about 45 minutes. Here is the DIY to modifying your seat cushion. Only thing that presented a challenge was that much of my foam was glued onto the aluminum seat pan. I just had to takes it slow by prying up the cushion a bit at a time to expose the glued portion and then use a sharp knife to cut it away from the pan. If I would have just pulled the cushion it would have left a lot of foam on the pan, which would have somewhat ruined the cushion.

spartan2-3 said:
I have a friend who is 6'10" that drove my NSX and he says he can live with it. His current car is a "Lebaron Convertible".

:eek: That's insane. I'm 6ft 200 and fit perfectly in my car! I have room to stretch, I can recline just a tad, and have 2 or 3 inches to spare. For me, the NSX is really comfortable. But sometimes when I wear my hair spiken up, it rubs a little. :D

Davenator said:
NowSeeX:

Have you tried sitting in an NSX with a regular seat?

Davenator---I have sat in an NSX with a regular seat and my head was about 1.5 -2 inches too tall...my leg room was fine and If I squat in the seat, I would have been good to go! I just wanted to see if the DALI seat would give me the correct room. I could imagine buying an NSX, installing the seat and still being about .5 inches too tall....my wife would LOVE it, as she would be the one driving it!!!!!! :D

and FORGET about me fitting into the passenger seat!!!!

I can see it now....watching my wife drive it around with the smile I WAS suppose to have on MY face!

spartan2-3 said:
I have a friend who is 6'10" that drove my NSX and he says he can live with it. His current car is a "Lebaron Convertible".

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just hold on a minute here!! Did you really mean 6 feet 10 inches tall? And he was "comfortable" enough to drive the car? There is hope for my 6'4' buddy that wants one then also! He sat in the car and said "hell no" even before driving it! The seat cushion changeroo is new to me also, good info!

Jay
91 silver/ivory 5 sp (1 of 6)
89 accord
73 roadrunner

guys im 6'4" and i used to have a coupe... then i bought my 95 which is an NSX-T ... I understand what the Op means as in the part that would touch your head has less room than the coupes do.

I'm not sure what is behind this plastic piece, altho it would be interesting to take it off and have a peek...

I was kind of disappointed when I found the T's have less head room than the Coupes because my 91 fit me like a glove... :(

I'm 6'5" (mostly leg) and fit fine. Headroom is close (I can just fit my hand between my scalp and the roof). Leg room is great for the type of car. The NSX seems to acomodate us taller folk pretty well. I tried the Vette and Cayman and felt more clostrophobic in both. Ironcially the New Mini was the best fitting car I've ever been in.

I am 6'3" and I barely fit in my coupe comfortably without a special seat cushion. I think what matters is how long your torso is because these cars have plenty of legroom.

I measured the distance from my seat to the roof of my '91 and with the factory seat uncompressed and it is roughly 35&1/2". Then I pushed down on the cushion which seemed to compress about 1" which gives a total of 36&1/2" to work with without going into a special seat cushion.

Maybe sit down on a hard floor and have someone measure how tall you are then you can get and idea if you are in the ballpark.

Remember that an NSX-T will have less headroom since the roof is thicker.

Hope this helps...

I find some of these stories to be odd. I'm 6'1 and I sit with my seat all the way back, the wheel all the way down and all the way out. and my head still hits the back of that indentation in the roof. I can't use my head rest.

Back