• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody have experience with this product?

Well I bought the Kit and used it on my NSX. My car has many rock chips from track use and from driving on Tx. Hwys. The product is amazing. It is definetly worth the money. It can't make large chips disappear but most of the small are virtually invisible. You really have to look hard to find the previous chips.

Sorry I didn't take before and after pics.

Btw, A friend with a Silver Corvette bought the product and wasn't too impressed with. He is a bit OCD but he felt that the fiberglass and 6 coats of zaino:eek: might have hindered the product.

I have no relationship with the vendor, yada yada yada.

Last edited:
I just ordered the $49 kit. Will try to post some before & after pics when it arrives. Most of the reviews I've read have been very positive.

I'm anxious to see and hear about the results on black. Let us know what the proper application is. I hear you can just wipe the stuff on with a rag.

I found the perfect place to experiment with it: the part of the rear valence that extends into the wheel well. Lots of nasty little chips there. I'll use it as a testbed and move to the front bumper when I feel I've mastered it. :biggrin:

Last edited:
OK, any more reports on this product? Pics, etc.? How about a couple of small spots where my clear coat has come off? If this really works, I want it.:biggrin:

Is that a dent? Who would use a picture of a dented car hood for their advertisement? Come on...

hondaA2t.jpg

Hey guys-

We've gotten so many comments from this forum we thought we should join and say hi and thanks for the positive feedback. We wanted to respond to the question of whether that is a dent on the hood of that Honda....it is a dent. We take all our before/after shots on real cars at dealerships for the most part and that car happened to be somewhat banged up, chips, dents, etc. But it was such a great demo car with so many chips we couldn't resist getting some shots of it. Not that it really matters- but it also helps reduce any ideas that we use anything but real cars and real photos for our demo pics.

Another comment on the silver Corvette... silver colors are a bit more difficult to make look 'dramatically better' when there are very large chips. We have been experimenting with this color and other very light metallics and have found a little trick that makes the repair look much better. We offer a white base paint to lay down first on the chip. When the silver is painted over it, the repair is much lighter and more silver vs. just using the silver paint alone, which sometimes looks a bit dark on larger chips. Also, the Zaino Bros. wax can definitely inhibit the bonding of the paint. We painted a BMW at the annual Roadster Homecoming in South Carolina, BMW Mfg. Plant, and when the paint was smeared over the chip, it literally rolled off like a piece of rubber. A little rubbing alcohol fixed that problem.

Thanks again for the forum to post comments.

Last edited:
Hey guys-

We've gotten so many comments from this forum we thought we should join and say hi and thanks for the positive feedback. We wanted to respond to the question of whether that is a dent on the hood of that Honda....it is a dent. We take all our before/after shots on real cars at dealerships for the most part and that car happened to be somewhat banged up, chips, dents, etc. But it was such a great demo car with so many chips we couldn't resist getting some shots of it. Not that it really matters- but it also helps reduce any ideas that we use anything but real cars and real photos for our demo pics.

Another comment on the silver Corvette... silver colors are a bit more difficult to make look 'dramatically better' when there are very large chips. We have been experimenting with this color and other very light metallics and have found a little trick that makes the repair look much better. We offer a white base paint to lay down first on the chip. When the silver is painted over it, the repair is much lighter and more silver vs. just using the silver paint alone, which sometimes looks a bit dark on larger chips. Also, the Zaino Bros. wax can definitely inhibit the bonding of the paint. We painted a BMW at the annual Roadster Homecoming in South Carolina, BMW Mfg. Plant, and when the paint was smeared over the chip, it literally rolled off like a piece of rubber. A little rubbing alcohol fixed that problem.

Thanks again for the forum to post comments.

See I knew there was a dent there. Sorry I am pretty picky. Your reason for using such a car is accepted and congratulated.Good thinking on your part.

Yes- there is actually a set of a few photos with the before and after application under the heading "How the System Works" which will give you an idea of just that. I'd post the link but I'd imagine that would get me in trouble here.:cool:

Looks good! How's the longevity of this stuff though? Remindds me of the old "Color Wax" stuff. It looked amazing for about three weeks, but after a couple storms and a washing or three, and it was back to bad.

Not claiming this stuff is like that, just wondering how it hold up over time!

We understand your concern about longevity- the longest the paint has been tested on real chip repairs (the blue Geo in the demo pics) has been about 8 years. It looks the same as it did when first applied. I also used the paint on some fairly large chips my car picked up about 7 years ago and the repair looks the same as day one. Can't say it will last 'forever' but it should remain for many years.
Regular touch-up paint is very thin and most paint used at body shops is reduced or thinned by 100 percent- that is, the volume of pure tint is doubled by added a reducer so it can be mixed (and generally sprayed.) This paint will shrink up over time until the paint pops out of the middle of the chip and you're left with a paint ring around the edge. Ours is made differently and remains thick.
Hope that doesn't sound like a sales pitch- just wanted to put some explanation behind the answer. Thanks for asking, theman1990.

One other comment since it may come up- keep in mind we market the product as a chip repair kit and not a 'scratch' repair solution. It will work wonders on some scratches, but not make a bit of difference on others. You can read the FAQ page for more clarity on this. Just wanted to throw that out there since it's not the answer for every repair.

Back