• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ANYTIME's new F1 exhaust spy photos

Here are some pics of soon to be released and "still in the R&D stage" ANYTIME F1 exhaust. Some mild steel was used, so disregard the surface rust you can see. The unit pictured is a test unit and production units will be by far more cosmetically refined. It will be full stainless, including the tips (which are stainless now). The basic design will change slightly, but most will not even notice. The unit as a whole will be raised 1" and the Y connector will be enlarged by using a 4 bolt oval flange or larger 3 bolt circular flange. The sound is fine, but getting closer to the higher pitched F1/Superbike sound is still being worked out. Once the sound and flow charts are to my liking, it will be sent directly to Chris @ SOS for some before and after dyno results. Fitment: 1991-2001 and will include the current 2002+ NSX's.

Anyway, on to the pics! (disregard the spots on the car, as it was raining that day)

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics14.jpg

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics019.jpg

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics017.jpg

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics013.jpg

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics12.jpg

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics10.jpg

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics024.jpg

ANYTIMEsF1exhaustspypics020.jpg

Last edited:
oh snap....... damn that would work with an 02 rear valence huh? :biggrin:

Looks similar to the GruppeM, if it can perform like it at a competitive price, it will be a winner.

Cheers

AR

i know it says you are raising it 1", but just so i can tell in the pic, how far is the gap between the pipe and the bumper vertically? (i'm tryin to ascertain how far below the bumper the tips will reside when all is said and done)

OneRedNSX said:
i know it says you are raising it 1", but just so i can tell in the pic, how far is the gap between the pipe and the bumper vertically? (i'm tryin to ascertain how far below the bumper the tips will reside when all is said and done)

The gap is going to be the same as it is now (spacing determined off of a stock exhaust). The tips will be in the same place they are now. If I hadn't mentioned it, it would have never been noticed. Keep the questions coming!
Take care,
John

Looking good John! Be interesting to hear it & see the dyno numbers

If you need an alternate dyno test source be happy to oblige!

Nice!!!, I've always had a thing for dual canister exhuast systems :biggrin:

I'm excited to hear what it sounds like.

ANYTIME said:
The sound is fine, but getting closer to the higher pitched F1/Superbike sound is still being worked out.

Awesome! I can't wait to hear it! Do you have an estimate on how many lbs the final product will weigh? How much will it cost? Will there be an introductory group buy?

I'm more excited than the Pointer Sisters! :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
The gap is going to be the same as it is now (spacing determined off of a stock exhaust). The tips will be in the same place they are now. If I hadn't mentioned it, it would have never been noticed. Keep the questions coming!
Take care,
John

so the cans are going up 1" and the tips are staying in the same place? if thats the case, that works too cuz i can always 'adjust' the tips to my liking / bumper... my car is already 'dangerously' low and i'd hate to rip a big hole in the cans haha

wow, that looks incredible already. you should raise the tips too an inch. i think it'd look a little better. the exhaust wouldn't look so naked, because it'd be tucked up tighter to the body (tips as well). still though, incredible. :smile:

John, looks real good. And when it gets raised 1", it'll look great. What do you plan to do with that test exhaust? Planning to sell it? Because I really don't care to have full SS, as I'd much rather have the canesters/piping painted flat black with just the tips visible. Can't wait to hear it.

F1, raurrr!?!

ANYTIME, where was this a few months ago...(lol) :mad: Grrr... :biggrin:

(I'm an admirer of the Gruppe_M exhaust systems! Might have to sell my yet to-be installed Taitec, :eek: )

Okie...

- What grade of stainless steel is being used for the fabrication?

- Anything notable about the two canisters (origin/make/packing/characteristics/etc.)?

- Are the tips resonated or just regular angle-cut circular exhaust tips?

I'm rather intrigued... I do like the ability to keep my cats'! :cool:

My guess is that part of the unique high pitched Gruppe M sound comes from removing the cats?
Just like Kreissiegs systems get a VERY high pitched sound when running in F1 (by pass) mode.

If keeping the cats, will this sound not be next to impossible to recreate? :confused:

Also, changing to stainless steel will alter the sound aswell if im not mistaken?

Any chance of a quad tip option? :biggrin:

What is the reason for making the input pipes at the "X" junction a bolt-on flange?

Is this purely for fabrication reasons so you can offer different generation fitments?

A side benefit I imagine would be easier packaging,too!

When is this going to be available and what is the estimated cost???? :biggrin:

I just want to hear this thing. And I assume since it is John's, there will be no resonating in the cabin. :)

Hi John -

Glad to see you making such progress on this. That shop looks famiilar, no?

Will you be keeping the cats in tact for CARB certification purposes?

Keep us posted.

drewdeezee said:
Awesome! I can't wait to hear it! Do you have an estimate on how many lbs the final product will weigh? How much will it cost? Will there be an introductory group buy?

I'm more excited than the Pointer Sisters! :biggrin:

Sweet! I'm looking for a replacement to my DC exhaust [I think the canister is rattling] and I flaked during the 1st ARK group buy.

Last edited:
All I can say is cool, very cool. I am so glad my exhaust mod trigger finger has been slow to pull. My analysis paralysis has yielded more choices in the market place.

I hope the product launch is before the holidays because I know what I am asking for under the tree this year!

John, here is another question.

Will the tips be adjustable?

Sorry for the late reply! I'll answer as many questions as possible.

Weight? - Don't have a figure in hand quite yet. However, using my never calculated biceps scale, it is much lighter than stock.

Grade of stainless? - T439, which is made specifically for automotive exhaust industry.

Origin/make/packing/characteristics/etc? - US/Not tellin'/good stuff/right ones/killer warranty (Approx 3-5 yrs - Still TBD)

Are the tips resonated or just regular angle-cut circular exhaust tips? - Actually, they are both. Resonated, angular cut and rolled tips. Check the close up tip pic.

Changing to stainless steel will alter the sound aswell if im not mistaken? Never heard of stainless changing sound waves.

Any chance of a quad tip option? It's a possiblity. Details at a later date. Read the last answer below.

What is the reason for making the input pipes at the "X" junction a bolt-on flange? Designed to scavenge exhaust gasses and create performance increases, while looking cool.

Is this purely for fabrication reasons so you can offer different generation fitments? Good idea!

When is this going to be available and what is the estimated cost?
Once the design is finalized, the build time is 6 weeks. Cost is still TBD.

Will you be keeping the cats in tact for CARB certification purposes? Yes, the cats will be retained.

Will the tips be adjustable? Attempting to incorperate this into the final design. Quad tips will be a viable option if this is implemented.

Updates will be posted as this project matures :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
Sorry for the late reply! I'll answer as many questions as possible.

Weight? - Don't have a figure in hand quite yet. However, using my never calculated biceps scale, it is much lighter than stock.

Grade of stainless? - T439, which is made specifically for automotive exhaust industry.

Origin/make/packing/characteristics/etc? - US/Not tellin'/good stuff/right ones/killer warranty (Approx 3-5 yrs - Still TBD)

Are the tips resonated or just regular angle-cut circular exhaust tips? - Actually, they are both. Resonated, angular cut and rolled tips. Check the close up tip pic.

Changing to stainless steel will alter the sound aswell if im not mistaken? Never heard of stainless changing sound waves.

Any chance of a quad tip option? It's a possiblity. Details at a later date. Read the last answer below.

What is the reason for making the input pipes at the "X" junction a bolt-on flange? Designed to scavenge exhaust gasses and create performance increases, while looking cool.

Is this purely for fabrication reasons so you can offer different generation fitments? Good idea!

When is this going to be available and what is the estimated cost?
Once the design is finalized, the build time is 6 weeks. Cost is still TBD.

Will you be keeping the cats in tact for CARB certification purposes? Yes, the cats will be retained.

Will the tips be adjustable? Attempting to incorperate this into the final design. Quad tips will be a viable option if this is implemented.

Updates will be posted as this project matures :biggrin:
Excellent... look forward to seeing it develop.

Back