• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X custom subwoofer enclosures

Thanks for the review Okiboy, glad you like it.

I got mine in sometime ago and finally got around to cut out the whole for an 8" and install it in my NSX. All I have to say is , wow :eek:! Quality and performance of this box is very nice. Sound better than I thought it would. Thanks Angus!

I got mine in sometime ago and finally got around to cut out the whole for an 8" and install it in my NSX. All I have to say is , wow :eek:! Quality and performance of this box is very nice. Sound better than I thought it would. Thanks Angus!

I told you......:biggrin:

How much space/leg room is lost with either?

Not much. Had a friend in the NSX that was about 5'8 170lbs still sitting comfortably and loving the sound that is coming from the sub box. Made him want to put a sound system in his 7series. LOL!

Love it!

20140727_181952.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't know why guys is trying to fit a 10 or even 12 in this box or in their NSX. Tying to hard....I have this box with one shallow 8 inch sub and it ROCKS!. Sounds like I have two 8's instead of one. LOL!

Last edited:
Love it!

View attachment 115097

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't know why guys is trying to fit a 10 or even 12 in this box or in their NSX. Tying to hard....I have this box with one shallow 8 inch sub and it ROCKS!. Sounds like I have two 8's instead of one. LOL!

I still haven't found the words to communicate how awesome it is. My z-toolman box had nothing on this....not even close.

Thanks for the kind words, This goes to show that proper materials and design/construction of a sub box is crucial.

- - - Updated - - -

How much space/leg room is lost with either?

The regular depth enclosure is the same as stock depth, the carpet will fit right over it if you like.

The super slim adds about 2-3" of legroom over stock.

- - - Updated - - -

I still haven't found the words to communicate how awesome it is. My z-toolman box had nothing on this....not even close.

Ha! Thanks! - I do remember you were a little skeptical about how it could sound better... Now you know!

Do you have the specs on the Pioneer sub for the superslim enclosure? Trying to plan how much power I will need from the amp. Also, from the pics that looks like a 12", is that correct? Any options for a 10"?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry just saw that it was a 10", can you pm me a price for the superslim box with the sub?

thanks

With your box, have you heard any feedback from buyers of placing it under the carpet significantly reduced sound performance? Also, under the carpet with a metal grill, is it noticeable that there is something under the carpet due to the grill protruding over the enclosure?

If you are placing it under the carpet, there is a small decrease in sound. I have done the installs over and under and it is not a very big difference.

If you are going to use a waffle grill and do not want a hump from it them I suggest a piece of foam around the grill to even it out.

I now have new Subwoofer options!

1) JL audio 10TW3 and 12TW3!

2) Pioneer IB-Flat 10" and 12" (2015 version!!!)

I can also do custom versions for some other woofers, please inquire.

Pics coming soon!

Shiet, im still in love with mines. Had a shallow 8" kenwood carbon, change out to a 8" regular alpine type r blow that sub then went with a pioneer 10" shallow. It is slamming in the NSX. :eek:

Thanks guys, and with the new woofer options - like the 12" JL - it should be even better!

I now have new Subwoofer options!

1) JL audio 10TW3 and 12TW3!

2) Pioneer IB-Flat 10" and 12" (2015 version!!!)

I can also do custom versions for some other woofers, please inquire.

Pics coming soon!

PM me with pricing for a 12" JL TW3 and sub box, please...thinking of upgrading from my SOS 10"....

Last edited:
Back