• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Art collectors here?

JAM

Contributing Member
I am curious to know if there are any art collectors on this forum since there is many other small groups of interest and collectors here! I have always been a fan of art and over the past few years I have been fortunate enough to purchase some pieces I truly love. So what kind of art/artists do you guys collect ... aside from the NSX of course!:D

I make my own art. I've always enjoyed working with charcoal, metal sculpture, and photography.

I also collect artwork produced by friends.

LeftLane said:
You missed a key word - ART. And don't try to convince me that either of these qualify as art.

I will give you baseball cards not being Art, but certain pool cues are most definitly works of Art. I have a cue that is about 30 years old, has over 100 pieces of wood and ivory inlaid with incredible accuracy, and is stunningly beautiful. I paid 13K for the cue and have had offers of 25K.

I believe these type of cues to be as much works of art as anything else I can think of.

IGI International Galleries Inc sells some nice limited edition artwork by a wide variety of artists. They use a Giclee to replicate original pieces with a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist. I bought one of their lesser pieces and was very impressed by the print quality and canvas. You have to register to buy, but registration is free. http://www.tdream.igi-art.com/

Dave

According to an art advisor that we have used, a true "collector" is someone that has several pieces of artwork by one individual.

Art work is a wonderful addition to your life. If you have the slightest interest, I would suggest finding an art advisor to help you with the process. It's a fantastic experience.

Back