• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto Train for NSX from Florida?

I am flying to sunny Florida on Saturday to pick up a '94 NSX. It is a long drive home and someone mentioned using Amtrak's Auto Train. The fare is reasonable and though it takes hours longer there is no wear and tear on the car or my butt.
The question is, what is the ground clearance on a stock NSX. Amtrak says I have to have a minimum of 4 inches. Does anyone want to step outside and get me a measurement...please? Does anyone have an Auto Train experience to share?
Covered car carrier, dinner and breakfast included. Sounds like an alternative to 1000 plus miles on the interstate.
Thanks.

I used AutoTrain a few times and it's a good experience. I was worried about a lowered WS6 my wife had when we moved to NY from Miami. The guys were pretty good about it...they had special blocks to help load the car so it wouldn't scrape. I think they are actually pretty good about it but of course, AT people aren't going to guarantee you anything. I could have been lucky too but the actual workers who load/unload told us not to worry about it and took care of the situation.

do you really want to drop you car off at a train station,

as I am sure they will not let you stand next to them while they load it.

and a drive from Florida to VA should be a fun run.

drive it.. quit lolly gagging :biggrin:

ask your question in the florida regional section,I seem to recall someone taking the train up for nsxpo in 04.

do you really want to drop you car off at a train station,

as I am sure they will not let you stand next to them while they load it.

and a drive from Florida to VA should be a fun run.

drive it.. quit lolly gagging :biggrin:

I should've known that you would pipe up with somerthing like THIS :tongue:
You are too funny!

I am just thinking about the cracked rim that leaks air, the overdue WP/TB and the bad EPS rack. Not to mention the 1000 miles I would be putting on the clock of a one owner, 59K mile car.

Last edited:
Back