• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autorotor, Whipple, Lysholm

Switzerland. :)

The tight restrictions must be in place to help quell all that social and civil tumult you experience :biggrin:

There should be more holes in the law than in the cheese. :)

Anybody with a recently installed Lysholm and a video?

Have there been any conclusions to which is better, the Autorotor or 1600ax? Is the Autorotor quieter? Will it potentially give more hp than the 1600ax?

Bueller?

Thanks GoldNSX,

Now apart from the casing appearance...are there any difference between the 2?

SS
I've heard that the old whipple is louder than the lysholm one but not sure. The Lysholm is quite at idle and not very loud at WOT.

Switzerland. :)

So the rule is that you can only have 40% above OEM stated HP? Because if so that's a bit of a weird law. If it's a ceiling that would make more sense but since we are talking about Switzerland I doubt 383 or whatever it is, is the ceiling because that would rule out a lot of Exotics.

What's the rationale? Couldn't you have two tunes for the car, one high HP one lower hp?

So the rule is that you can only have 40% above OEM stated HP? Because if so that's a bit of a weird law. If it's a ceiling that would make more sense but since we are talking about Switzerland I doubt 383 or whatever it is, is the ceiling because that would rule out a lot of Exotics.

What's the rationale? Couldn't you have two tunes for the car, one high HP one lower hp?
Well, we can have unlimited hp per car but it gets very expensive ($xxxxx, yes 5-digit) to drive the car legally. 40% is our choosen limit, beyond that it doubles the costs.

Well, we can have unlimited hp per car but it gets very expensive ($xxxxx, yes 5-digit) to drive the car legally. 40% is our choosen limit, beyond that it doubles the costs.

The spirit of the law actually sounds good to me. In the states we have a lot of morons running around on public roads with death traps because they pour all of their cash into engine mods so they can run 9 second 1/4 miles (like F&F YO!), but put $0 into suspension and brakes. So they basically end up with a death trap that can neither stop nor turn, but can go straight *really* dangerously fast.

I suppose the 5 figure reg fee is justified by the fact that the govt has to run expensive tests on your frankencar to prove it is road worthy since there is no OEM evidence to that fact?

Seems like an interesting opportunity for boutique tuners.

Lets take someone like SoS... If they were in Switzerland, would it be possible for *them* to work with the govt to ensure that "SoS Tuned" cars are treated as OEM? How does it work for RUF, for example?

Last edited:
Lets take someone like SoS... If they were in Switzerland, would it be possible for *them* to work with the govt to ensure that "SoS Tuned" cars are treated as OEM? How does it work for RUF, for example?
I understand your argument about the 'death traps' and agree with it but here in Europe it's quite the opposite. All is forbidden until you prove it legal. There are only two suppliers who can proove/legalize the car here in Switzerland, a classical duopol and so are their prices...moonlike :rolleyes:
If SoS would do the certification we would have the same as for the CTSC: 50 state-legal. The problem is that there are only a few NSX's here around and not all of them are able or willing to put $$$$ into a thriling supercharger. Ok, it was always expensive to have a extraordinary taste. :wink:
We're working hard on the certification to not being ripped-off, believe me. :)

I understand your argument about the 'death traps' and agree with it but here in Europe it's quite the opposite. All is forbidden until you prove it legal. There are only two suppliers who can proove/legalize the car here in Switzerland, a classical duopol and so are their prices...moonlike :rolleyes:
If SoS would do the certification we would have the same as for the CTSC: 50 state-legal. The problem is that there are only a few NSX's here around and not all of them are able or willing to put $$$$ into a thriling supercharger. Ok, it was always expensive to have a extraordinary taste. :wink:
We're working hard on the certification to not being ripped-off, believe me. :)

Interesting! I've heard similar things from the EVO community (my DD is a Mitsu Ralliart)... that in many spots in the EU tuners can get away with really bad gouging. I guess this explains why that is!

It must be expensive as hell for the tuners to do the certification. Sort of like importing a non-US model of car into the USA (like Motorex did with the GT-R)

So I was doing some research on what seems to be the sweet spot for boost on my SOS SC and discovered a few more interesting tidbits.

I think SOS should include this info in their marketing of their SC KB 2.1L:

cut_a_way.jpg

• Lower parasitic loss.
• Highest HP potential.
• Cooler denser air charge temps.
• Up to 33% greater belt contact patch.
• Billet construction. Stronger than cast.
• Huge boost / HP gains with same pulley ratio.
• Less rpm with same boost. Reduces friction, heat and wear.
• Sleek, lightweight, high rpm design. Fits under stock hoods.
• New design BIG BORE rotors (4.41” vs. competitions 4.11” and 4.17”).
• Largest bore big displacement Billet Twin Screws (4.2L, 3.6L, 2.8L, 2.6L, 2.1L).
• CNC machined billet inlet and outlet. No porting required or ever recommended.
• 4x6 rotor lobes vs. 3x5 competition. Reduces male rotor speed 10% (1.5 vs 1.66 ratio).
• Larger pulleys - less slippage - more HP. Eliminates expensive “overdrive” crank pulleys, cog belts, etc.
• Hard anodized rotors for corrosion and wear protection. No Teflon to flake or rub off and clog intercooler.

3. There are more lobes in the Autorotor design, which means that for roughly the same displacement supercharger Lysholm, it will push more air with less heat being generated.

If a NSX Lysholm were to compete with the Autorotor, it would have to be based on price.

Could you elaborate on how the more lobes = better efficiency? I'm having a hard time grasping... thanks.

So, now forward to end of 2011, are CTE SC kits all back to Lysholm?

Could you elaborate on how the more lobes = better efficiency? I'm having a hard time grasping... thanks.

So, now forward to end of 2011, are CTE SC kits all back to Lysholm?

4x6 rotor lobes vs. 3x5 competition. Reduces male rotor speed 10% (1.5 vs 1.66 ratio).

By reducing rotor speed there is less heat being generated and less parasitic drag.

Last edited:
Back