• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBC- Top Gear new season - NSX at Laguna Seca

SoCalDude said:
Thanks. What'd involved/needed to do a torrent download?

You need to download bit torrent software .. like bitlord. Then you download the torrent file. (which is tiny). You open it with bitlord and it will then download for you. Sometimes it is fast, sometimes it is slow. I think Top Gear usually takes me 5 hours or so.

Hi

In the latest Fifth Gear episode S08E10 they sum up who won they competions.

Tiff says and I quote: "Now a personell favorite from show 5 the Honda NSX it goes to John Watson of Fife."

So that is what he really thinks about the NSX. :)

I think Tiff have a problem showing his feelings for our beloved car. :)

Lucky winner.. Gets a mint Honda NSX Sebring Silver.

Regards

nada... its a great episode. The buggatti veyron segment is over 30 minutes... amazing car, truly unbeliveable car... some of the stuff they said about it... was jaw dropping...

In a straight up drag race against a mclaren f1 you can let the mclaren go and get a head start, wait until he hits 120mph and you'll still beat the mclaren to 200mph...

take that in for a second. yea. wow.

but maybe next episode will have it in there.

NeoNSX said:
i notice the lastest top gear episode five has been up for a couple of days... anyone here got it, and if so, does it have our beloved NSX????

No, must be in the next episode (27th Dec) because that is going to be the last for this season!

Big Phat R said:
The Season 7 TOP GEAR episode with the NSX is on google video

It doesn't have the full NSX feature though, just the highlights for what is coming in the season, showing the NSX.

The NSX feature must be in the last and final episode for the season, on the 27th December.

Just watched the latest episode... yes, tha Bugatti was pretty amazing. The sound was sweet too.

The amazing part of that car (IMHO) is the twin V8 engines.... there was talk of Honda doing twin V4 S2000 engines for the HSC... maybe it's not such a crazy idea afterall. Except needing 10 radiators is crazy. :)

The thing that sucked most about that episode was now we have to wait until Dec 27th for the last episode featuring the NSX!!!! :mad: AH MAN.... :D :D :D

NeoNSX said:
The amazing part of that car (IMHO) is the twin V8 engines.... there was talk of Honda doing twin V4 S2000 engines for the HSC... maybe it's not such a crazy idea afterall. Except needing 10 radiators is crazy. :)

Well it's not really "twin V8 engines"... It's a W16.

See this image of a W12 to see how the block is configured...
w12_block.jpg

Pretty cool huh ;)

NeoNSX said:
The thing that sucked most about that episode was now we have to wait until Dec 27th for the last episode featuring the NSX!!!! :mad: AH MAN.... :D :D :D

Hi

Well it is not that bad if they show there respect for the NSX by using most of the last episode on it :)

Gives me the feeling they are saving the best for last :biggrin:

Regards

Cambo said:
Well it's not really "twin V8 engines"... It's a W16.

...now that's just nick-picking. ;) :D But you are right. And you are also right it would be sexy if it had a [H] on it.

I have a feeling the last ep. of Top Gear will be a Japanese car show down of sorts... the teaser footage in the first episode showed a skyline fanging around too.

Hi

Top Gear will be on in a couple of hours on BBC Prime.

We are half way through season 7. And I am not optimistic that the NSX will be on today.

According to BBC Prime's website it says:

"Jeremy goes green with the Toyota Prius, and a Mitsubishi Evo 8 goes head-to-head with a Lamborghini Murcielago."

I do not have BBC Prime so I have to wait until it shows up on the net.

If any of our UK friends could give us a shout if the NSX is on today.

I would think there are about 5 episodes left in season 7. So maybe we need to wait even more for the NSX on Top Gear. :confused:

Regards

martin said:
Hi

Top Gear will be on in a couple of hours on BBC Prime.

We are half way through season 7. And I am not optimistic that the NSX will be on today.

According to BBC Prime's website it says:

"Jeremy goes green with the Toyota Prius, and a Mitsubishi Evo 8 goes head-to-head with a Lamborghini Murcielago."

I do not have BBC Prime so I have to wait until it shows up on the net.

If any of our UK friends could give us a shout if the NSX is on today.

I would think there are about 5 episodes left in season 7. So maybe we need to wait even more for the NSX on Top Gear. :confused:

Regards
It is tonight! Check out www.topgear.com

You have to be blind to miss it. :cool:

RacingHeart said:
It is tonight! Check out www.topgear.com

You have to be blind to miss it. :cool:

Hi

Nice. I guess Top Gear is on everywhere. Prime and BBC2. Now I just have to wait until it shows up on the net :biggrin:

Edit: Added a picture from the episode I found on www.topgear.com

Regards

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Jeremy made some nice positive comments on the NSX (for what its worth).
He cooked the brakes though :)

I just realised, that the NSX has been shown a lot of times on topgear over the past few years, much more then one would expect from them.

Hi

It's out there and downloading as we speak. :biggrin:

Regards

I saw the veyron episode and I was not that impressed with the episode.It seems like they focused more on the race with the plane then the veyron.I wish they would of taken it around a track.It is such a great car. I think Fifth Gear is better then Top Gear(Tiff).The tribute episode is the fifth gear november 07 2005 episode (Viky takes it for a drive and then the dicuss the NSX).I am going to download the new one right now..

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!! I WATCHED IT!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Summary: Jeremy compares his time on the Laguna Seca race track in CA. He picks a Honda NSX to which he says "NSX. That is perfect". :D After clocking a time on the playstation, he then flies to the real track to try beating it.

This is a lovely goodbye tribute to the NSX, and Jeremey even makes some fantastic comments we'll be quoting for years - like "that noise...you never want to change up" and his disappointment that Honda is dropping it. :confused: Ironic since it was Top Gear that told Honda it was time to move on. :rolleyes: Anyway...

I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil it, but it's definitely worth watching. Lots of crazy NSX track action. This is the very last segment in the series and runs for about 11mins. They really did leave the best till last. :)

Saw this last night, quite a fitting tribute to the NSX, enjoyed it :)

Also watched it last night...nice fittng goodbye, and I'm sure it has reminded a few people how special the NSX is!

It did seem a little bit heavily editted though...but they managed to capture the cockpit sounds perfectly!

Back