• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBC- Top Gear new season - NSX at Laguna Seca

martin said:
I thought that the Type R only came in white/black? :confused:

Nope. It is the most popular, but you can get an NSX-R in any color.
I have a book just on the NSX-R and it shows all the factory choices.
It's in Japanese, unfortunately, but you can tell from the pics.

Few comments:
1. The Laguna Seca that in GT4 is pre-MotoGP. Since beginning of 2005, they have changed the curbing to from tiger teeth to flat to satisfy MotoGP. In result, it is at least 1 sec faster around the track.
2. The difference in GT4 and real life like mentioned by Clarkson is braking like in T2, T5, T6 and Corckscrew. In real life you would have to brake much ealrier.
3. Also, it is possible to take T6 almost flat out in GT, where it is impossible in real life.
4. I think 1:41 in a stock NSX is a tall order. Maybe if Ayrton Senna drove the car......

In the video, they actually show him driving both a Blue/black NSX-R and also a Blue stock NSX.
Impossible to determine exactly how he clocked his time. For all we know, he was on race slicks with a modded car.

How frustrating. I am on another family member's computer for the duration of the holidays and have downloaded 10 or so episodes only to be unable to play them. I have updated RP etc. and have it still says 'Some portions of this file cannot be played'. I did not have this issue on my laptop. Any suggestions?

Google this software and download it "DivX".
sahtt said:
How frustrating. I am on another family member's computer for the duration of the holidays and have downloaded 10 or so episodes only to be unable to play them. I have updated RP etc. and have it still says 'Some portions of this file cannot be played'. I did not have this issue on my laptop. Any suggestions?

sahtt said:

Hi

This must work for you on any computer:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5587010895482106872&q=nsx

Edit: Okey I see you have problems with other episodes too... Well do a google on "Codec pack" and you should be set.

Regards

Amazing!
Thanks for the link and amazing job on the 150 mb encoding Oscar.

And as many have noticed, the in car sound is just intoxicating! I want to go out to the garage and start it up and hear it purr and growl!

GeNSX

I watched the episode on Monday...not the best Top Gear episode this season and the NSX vs GT4 segment could have been better, but I'm still happy they did it.

Strange that Clarkson played GT4 using the digital pad on the dual shock 2 controller, rather than using the Driving Force Pro steering controller. The in-game footage they kept cutting to showed a mix of NSX and NSX-R...wondering which he was actually using when he set his 1:41 (I can't recall any of my times at Laguna Seca...haven't played GT4 in awhile). Also thought it was strange that Clarkson wasn't wearing a helmet when driving around Laguna Seca.

And, for those of you with PSPs, have you noticed that video.google.com has an option Download for Sony PSP? I grabbed the NSX vs GT4 segment as a test and it is encoded in the higher quality MP4 AVC codec. I haven't tried downloading it from a PSP...if it works, I'll be kicking myself for not trying this during my trip to Vietnam.

Last edited:
Back