• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Be honest, do you married guys like being married?

The first one might be (depending on who you really are) but #2 always worked for me. I don't know what kind of women go for insecure dudes who ooze self doubt?:confused:

Yeah I agree with you, If you being your self is "not cool" per say than even if you act like something you are not or something you are trying to portray to others, soon enough they/anyone " cool" will see right thru you; unless they are "not cool", per say either themselves and putting up a front themselves also. Than that will be 2 lost people who won't get each other.
My thing is, better your self everyday, in everything you do and Than BE your self and be confident because you know you are the shit and they just jump on your lap. They don't know what the hell they want at all. You have to show them your point of view and how you do what you do and most of the time they will jump on the bandwagon. There is just as many lost girls as the guys in the world. Lost meaning they are out the mix. Find yourself First and get in the mix and enjoy yourself. I am not a pretty boy but ask anyone I know(including my wife) I am a ladies man. Its all on your mouthpeice/game lol as they say it:smile:. I can sell ice to an eskimo, water to a fish. All you have to do is sell yourself to her, and that shouldn't be a hard case to make if you really like yourself.

Last edited:
To Turbo:

It sounds like you learned everything you know about women from Tom Cruises character in Magnolia, Frank T.J. Mackey.

a couple quotes below:

Frank T.J. Mackey: In this big game that we play, life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve, it's what you take. I'm Frank T.J. Mackey, a master of the muffin and author of the Seduce and Destroy system now available to you on video and audio cassette. Seduce and Destroy will teach you the techniques to have any hardbody blonde just dripping to wet your dock. Bottom line? Language. The magical key to unlocking the female analytical mindset. Tap directly into her hopes, her wants, her fears, her desires, and her sweet little panties. Learn how to make that lady "friend" your sex-starved servant. I don't care how you look. I don't care what car you drive. I don't care what your last bank statement says. Seduce and Destroy produces an instant money-back guarantee trance-like state that will get you this - naughty sauce you want fast. Hey - how many more times do you need to hear the all-too-famous line of 'I just don't feel that way about you?'

Frank T.J. Mackey: Respect the c*ck! And tame the c*nt! Tame it! Take it on headfirst with the skills that I will teach you at work and say no! You will not control me! No! You will not take my soul! No! You will not win this game! Because it's a game, guys. You want to think it's not, huh? You want to think it's not? Go back to the schoolyard and you have that crush on big-t*tted Mary Jane. Respect the c*ck. You are embedding this thought. I am the one who's in charge. I am the one who says yes! No! Now! Here! Because it's universal, man. It is evolutional. It is anthropological. It is biological. It is animal. We... are... men!

Maybe you are the "worlds most interesting guy" from the Dos Equis commercials and you live the wild life with no regrets. Or maybe you are missing out on a huge part of most humans evolution which is to find a companion and then spend the rest of your life with them? I have done both and prefer the married life but i didn't always feel this way.:wink:

"When I was a child I spoke as a child
I understood as a child I thought as a child;
but when I became a man I put away childish things."
I Cor. xiii. 11

BTW, this post is not intended as an insult but more of a joke.:tongue:

Last edited:
Married or not, be careful.

...guess I'd better go return that apron and iron I got her for Christmas :frown:

From the thread about Christmas gifts for the wife, I said Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

I was fortunate to find my mate by chance after many years of dating / socializing, etc. The instant family was my biggest challenge, but we were such a couple.

Miner

Yeah I agree with you, If you being your self is "not cool" per say

I Never said that. I just said it's not advice a guy can use. I don't know what a guy is supposed to do with that. Remember Jin when he was wanting to date some girl at work? that advice was given to him. Maybe it's meant more as a "don't make shit up" which is fine, but "don't do this" is not a replacement for what to actually do. Anyway this isn't really about marriage so it probably belongs in a different thread.

I've written volumes, it seems to me, about getting married (and the perils) and how guys usually just get screwed, and how you should look after numero uno. And it's probably all true.

Then, 4 weeks ago I met the woman I'm going to marry.

Before I got married I thought the married jokes which just jokes...then once I got married I realized some come true!!

such as...

why does the bride smile when she's walking down the aisle?

and

everytime you have sex, put a quarter in the jar, after 5 years, take a quarter out of the jar everytime you have sex ....guess what...the jar never gets empty!!

My hot latina isn't anything like that. Now that our youngest is 19, she is on me like.......:eek::cool:

We now do it more than when we were young. Pretty much every other day. She gets upset when I joke about not getting enough, she knows it's not true.

I don't know if this is a latina thing, but bring it on!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
I've written volumes, it seems to me, about getting married (and the perils) and how guys usually just get screwed, and how you should look after numero uno. And it's probably all true.

Be sure to look out for number uno and prepared to get screwed. :biggrin::tongue:

See previous post by me. :wink:

Congrats, by the way.

Teach a man to fish...

Dating is like fishing-

Look for a good spot before you cast your line. If you are fishing in a bad location it will effect how many fish you will catch, and the quality of fish you will catch.

Use some decent bait, or at least make sure you do your best to make that worm look appetizing.

Be patient, and try to enjoy yourself even though you may have to cast your line several times before you actually catch a fish, and even then your catch may not be a keeper.

The more times you cast your line, the more fish you will catch and you can afford to be more fussy about the ones you keep and the ones you throw back.

If you can't catch any fish on your own, charter a boat with an experienced captain. Someone with experience can point you in the right direction.

If you catch a nice trophy fish you are proud of, mount it promptly!

P

Last edited:
My hot latina isn't anything like that. Now that our youngest is 19, she is on me like.......:eek::cool:

We now do it more than when we were young. Pretty much every other day. She gets upset when I joke about not getting enough, she knows it's not true.

I don't know if this is a latina thing, but bring it on!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My 5'9" 100lb 35year old hot Brazilian wife and mother of our two young daughters too. We've been married 7 years :smile:

Last edited:
hmm i have a friend, happily married for 18 yrs. Very wealthy.. he worked his ass off, she raised the kids, high school sweethearts.

They owned a place in florida where they'd go for the summers. Last summer he couldn't make it due to business (the same business he has killed himself in for the past 15 years to make them millionaires).

She met a bird handler while waiting the 6 weeks it was taking him to tie up loose ends. She fell for the guy, dumped her husband. She got about $4,000,000 plus 6 years of alimony at $150k/yr for his efforts at creating a business from nothing. Plus she still gets to bang the guy while the kids live with her in their old house.

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.
wife bangs other guy and takes half.

marriage is a waste. All these happily married guys.. i'm sure they are just as happy as my friend was before his spouse (without meaning to) fell for another guy.

hmm i have a friend, happily married for 18 yrs. Very wealthy.. he worked his ass off, she raised the kids, high school sweethearts.

They owned a place in florida where they'd go for the summers. Last summer he couldn't make it due to business (the same business he has killed himself in for the past 15 years to make them millionaires).

She met a bird handler while waiting the 6 weeks it was taking him to tie up loose ends. She fell for the guy, dumped her husband. She got about $4,000,000 plus 6 years of alimony at $150k/yr for his efforts at creating a business from nothing. Plus she still gets to bang the guy while the kids live with her in their old house.

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.

marriage is a waste. All these happily married guys.. i'm sure they are just as happy as my friend was before his spouse (without meaning to) fell for another guy.

This is a good story. However before I infer as to what your point is can you confirm that what you are saying is nobody should get married because it MIGHT end like this?

I had a good friend that died in a car wreck. I am selling my NSX and giving up driving because it might happen to me too.

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.

The problem appears to be that he was away for 6 weeks from his wife. The longest I have been away from my wife was barely 2 weeks.

An example, I left home on the 8th of December, for a meeting in Vegas. My wife flew in on Wednesday and went home on sunday, I have to stay in Cali until Thursday the 18th and will be home by Friday the 19th. We talk every day for at least an hour at the end of the day.

Your friend probably worked his a.... off and spent too much time away. Most good women just want us, not necessarilly the money we bring in, if you married young enough, and built something from nothing with her.

I am now slowing things down, at age 43. I plan to spend alot of time with my wife, and give her enough time to miss me, but not get used to being without me. Women need to be held, and they need face time, 6 weeks will make her used to being without you, and typically, divorce is what you get.

I am a Financial Planner, I have seen this many times, women leaving their financially successful husbands for a loser. They all said they wanted more time with their husband, but he spent too much time at the office.:frown:

I had a good friend that died in a car wreck. I am selling my NSX and giving up driving because it might happen to me too.

Apparentally I'm not the only one who sees the flawed logic in that post. Why even step outside your door and go on with life if this is your way of thinking.........

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.

Ouch!

I better go see the lawyer about my divorce now before it is too late! Heaven forbid i should get heartbroken, or worse have my bank account get affected by that damn devil woman I sleep next to!

Give me a break.

I feel bad for your friend, but I doubt his situation was as spontaneous as you infer.

This is a story of human weakness, not a testimonial regarding the value of marriage as an institution.

How does a woman "fall in love without meaning to"?

Fact is infidelity in a marriage is the same as a closed door. You either open the door, or you leave it closed.

A lot of factors can lead to opening that door, and at the end of the day something got the better of her, and cost him dearly. This is an unfortunate story, but it happens every day.

Last edited:
Those same women will bitch there isn't enough money if he was home & not out earning. You can't win. Take Rod Stewart's advice: Find a woman you hate & buy her a house.

The problem appears to be that he was away for 6 weeks from his wife. The longest I have been away from my wife was barely 2 weeks.

An example, I left home on the 8th of December, for a meeting in Vegas. My wife flew in on Wednesday and went home on sunday, I have to stay in Cali until Thursday the 18th and will be home by Friday the 19th. We talk every day for at least an hour at the end of the day.

Your friend probably worked his a.... off and spent too much time away. Most good women just want us, not necessarilly the money we bring in, if you married young enough, and built something from nothing with her.

I am now slowing things down, at age 43. I plan to spend alot of time with my wife, and give her enough time to miss me, but not get used to being without me. Women need to be held, and they need face time, 6 weeks will make her used to being without you, and typically, divorce is what you get.

I am a Financial Planner, I have seen this many times, women leaving their financially successful husbands for a loser. They all said they wanted more time with their husband, but he spent too much time at the office.:frown:

Last edited:
...guess I'd better go return that apron and iron I got her for Christmas :frown:

I agreed, a vacuum cleaner is more appropriate.:wink::biggrin::biggrin:
Happy holidays to all.

Back