• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bear mountain nsx run August 9th anyone?

Just a word here. If the LI, Queens and Bronx drivers meet at Throgs Neck location and then drive to NJ across the GW Bridge?.......... isn't that usually what is done when there is an event or drive West or South such as River Run or NSXStock? It would seem to be out of the way for all of you, especially if the drive is North. After Throgs Neck, what about North on Sprain to Rt.9 to Bear Mountain Bridge and across? The Teaneck Marriott Hotel location can be the meeting location for NJ drivers and I don't mind leading that group up the West side of the Hudson.

All groups could then meet at the top of Perkins Memorial Drive at Bear Mountain for meet, greet and pics prior to the run? Sound OK?

Perfect that makes lots of sense, we will finalize before hand so everyone is clear.

Those are all great idea's and places to meet.
Really looking forward to this drive. Lets hope for great weather.

I think a good central meeting point would be the circle where the mobile gas station dunkin doughnuts is

Bailey is right and he and I have done this a couple of times over the past eight years. Ultimately meet at the Annesville Circle Station and DD before going to BM. The ride up and over the BM bridge is a hoot. If y'all want we can also do the loop along the cliffs on Storm King highway from West Point North and back to BM and then ultimately end up at the top of the mountain as Rich suggested before doing the lake loops. Can't wait haven't done this in years. See y'all then!

Tytus

Just dont let Bailey lead. I hear he gets stopped around the bear mountain circle.

By women or cops???

- - - Updated - - -

This applies to NJ drivers only who are meeting at the Teaneck Glenpoint:

Because we are traveling up the western side of the Hudson,we will not be able to enjoy the US Hwy 6 stretch from the Annsville Circle north to the Bear Mountain Circle unless we cross the BM Bridge twice and drive it in both directions (north & south).

If any of the NJ drivers would like to do this, post-up and let the group know. It would need to be done early in the morning if we plan on driving Storm King as well (which I highly recommend).

If we (NJ drivers) don’t cross the BM Bridge to drive the US Hwy 6 portion, then we can skip that and meet the NY group at the small parking lot junction where 9W meets Storm King (West Point Golf Course). See your Google map.

Long island and queens crew we can meet at the Bp gas station located on the first exit off the throgs neck bridge. Those who arent familiar its the exit after paying the toll ant the exact address is 4147 throgs neck expy bronx, ny 10465. meet up time is 7:30 am and we depart for the bm circle gas station at 8am sharp. its a nice stretch to bear mountain so im excited. its been years since weve done this.

By women or cops???<~~~ Don't worry about that… I'm coming so we all should be good…

- - - Updated - - -

This applies to NJ drivers only who are meeting at the Teaneck Glenpoint:

Because we are traveling up the western side of the Hudson,we will not be able to enjoy the US Hwy 6 stretch from the Annsville Circle north to the Bear Mountain Circle unless we cross the BM Bridge twice and drive it in both directions (north & south). <~~~ That sucks!

If any of the NJ drivers would like to do this, post-up and let the group know. It would need to be done early in the morning if we plan on driving Storm King as well (which I highly recommend). <~~~ I can get up early to do this, what needs to be done?

If we (NJ drivers) don’t cross the BM Bridge to drive the US Hwy 6 portion, then we can skip that and meet the NY group at the small parking lot junction where 9W meets Storm King (West Point Golf Course). See your Google map.<~~~ Whatever works for the best enjoyment for all is fine.

I met another NSX owner a couple of days ago who I believe will be joining us, so the count should increase by one. Wherever we all need to meet on the NJ side to do whatever is fine with me. I presume it will all be ironed out before 8/9. So, I will just await the final plans for what works for everyone. I just can't wait to get in the car and DRIVE!

Meet up time is 7:15 am and we depart for the West Point Golf Course parking area at 7:30 am sharp

I'm in for the drive

- - - Updated - - -

Just dont let Bailey lead. I hear he gets stopped around the bear mountain circle.

I was with him when that happened, LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Bear Mountain Car Show tonight for those interested ......Roger and I will be there tonight

I was there but I brought the turbo. Good seeing you again Bailey.

Glenn

Glad to see you can make it Glenn. Hoping Aaron and Frank can make the drive as well.

Meeting time is 7:15 am and location spot for west of the Hudson as of now is:

Marriott Glenpointe, 100 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Teaneck, NJ 07666

We would like to meet up with the NY group at about 8:30 at the junction of 9W and Storm King. We will be in a parking area on the left side of 9W. The golf course entrance is on the right.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Please bring walkie talkies (bring extras to share) so we don't loose each other. There is no phone reception up in the 7 lakes! We have lost people before and never found each other again.

I would use the club radio but most people don't seem to have it...like Rich.:)

Simon

New guy here. I'd really like to do this and am going to try and free up some time next weekend for it. I've got a bit of a drive to any of the meet points (from Chadds Ford, PA) and would like some suggestions on which one I should try to make since you guys know the area up there. Not sure if it's doable if it means leaving my house at 4:15 to make a 7:15 meet-up, but I'm willing to give it the ol' college try.

Was hoping to be in my first Bear Run but I have to be pick up my son from camp at R.I. then to the Poconos that weekend. Will miss this again! Have fun guys, pictures please!

Frankie

New York guys 7:30 is still our meetup time this way we can meet th NJ guys by 8:30 as per rich.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Please bring walkie talkies (bring extras to share) so we don't loose each other. There is no phone reception up in the 7 lakes! We have lost people before and never found each other again.

I would use the club radio but most people don't seem to have it...like Rich.:)

Simon

I remember when the NSX guys did so many runs we HAD to have club radios. I will dig mine out for this run. It makes the run much better to be able to communicate without 100 phone calls.

What if we all meet up in the days Inn across from woodbury commons. Or the rest area scenic overlook before you get down to woodbury commons

Hello everyone! This is actually my first post on the forum so why not take the opportunity and introduce myself.

My name is Fernando, I live in Brooklyn, NY and currently drive a 2007 NFR AP2 s2000. I'm currently searching for an NSX and would really appreciate if I could join the BM run. I wanted to take advantage of the event so I could see more of these beauties in person and meet some of the "locals". I don't mind staying at the back of the pack or if you guys don't want any outsiders, I completely understand.

I've been in multiple other Bear Mountain runs with my past cars including both Evo IX's and recently with my s2k. The s2ki guys have really well coordinated runs (last fall we had 60+ s2k's). I have extra radio's and of course the GoPro to relive the thrill.

In case anyone is interested, I have the same s/n on s2ki and EvoM if you want to check out some of my past build threads.

Fernando

I'm from Montreal but will be in Redding, CT hopefully until Monday the 10th.

What are the plans for the drive & approximately what time do you guys finish up the cruise?

I'm not going to be able to make it. Having guests in from out of town.... Looks like a great group formed. I'm pretty bummed out.

Last edited:
Hi guys - picked up this drive off Facebook, this will be my first with you - I'm out in Stroudsburg, PA - I could hook up with passline in Teaneck (old stomping grounds) in the early AM - that would be great!

Anybody skilled to align a window regulator I changed last year?
How much would I have to pay you after the cruise?

Huga would have been the man to do it. I am not sure but when I fixed my windows I just put everything back the way it was and it worked

Back