• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bear mountain nsx run August 9th anyone?

Hello everyone! This is actually my first post on the forum so why not take the opportunity and introduce myself.

My name is Fernando, I live in Brooklyn, NY and currently drive a 2007 NFR AP2 s2000. I'm currently searching for an NSX and would really appreciate if I could join the BM run. I wanted to take advantage of the event so I could see more of these beauties in person and meet some of the "locals". I don't mind staying at the back of the pack or if you guys don't want any outsiders, I completely understand.

I've been in multiple other Bear Mountain runs with my past cars including both Evo IX's and recently with my s2k. The s2ki guys have really well coordinated runs (last fall we had 60+ s2k's). I have extra radio's and of course the GoPro to relive the thrill.

In case anyone is interested, I have the same s/n on s2ki and EvoM if you want to check out some of my past build threads.

Fernando

The more the merrier, meet us 7:30 am over the throgs neck bridge or you can just head to Bm and catch us at the circle gas station

- - - Updated - - -

I'm from Montreal but will be in Redding, CT hopefully until Monday the 10th.

What are the plans for the drive & approximately what time do you guys finish up the cruise?

No plans in particular other than the spirited drive to Bm itself, maybe grab lunch and chat it up.mits been a really long time since we've done this so my guess is being out and about is enough.

The more the merrier, meet us 7:30 am over the throgs neck bridge or you can just head to Bm and catch us at the circle gas station

- - - Updated - - -

No plans in particular other than the spirited drive to Bm itself, maybe grab lunch and chat it up.mits been a really long time since we've done this so my guess is being out and about is enough.

I'll wait to see if any guys are heading out from Connecticut. I think I'll make it as long as I can get up early enough after the party this Saturday. lol

(edit: I will come if my garage can finally install my new pads & rotors for the mountain. Car has been there for 3 days now)

Last edited:
I've moved a few things around, and will now plan on joining everyone. Are we meeting at the Mobil station at the circle, if so what time is the meeting there?

Great! I will meet you guys over the Throgs Neck then. By the way, two great BBQ places I like to go to when I'm up there are Billy Joe's Ribworks (26 Front St, Newburgh 12550) or Brothers BBQ (2402 Route 32, Cornwall, NY 12518). Billy Joe's has a lot more seating and has a nice view over the Hudson.

I don't have a radio so if someone could bring an extra one, that would be great.
Thank you
Glenn

I have you covered Glenn.
-Fernando

Glad to see you can make it Glenn. Hoping Aaron and Frank can make the drive as well.

Meeting time is 7:15 am and location spot for west of the Hudson as of now is:

Marriott Glenpointe, 100 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Teaneck, NJ 07666

We would like to meet up with the NY group at about 8:30 at the junction of 9W and Storm King. We will be in a parking area on the left side of 9W. The golf course entrance is on the right.

9W and Storm King is right near Plun Tomato Pizza & Heroes on google maps right?
If I get my new rotors and pads installed here in Montreal before leaving, I'll meet you guys there. Unless someone else from Connecticut wants to meet somewhere else (I'm visiting family in Redding)

Hi guys, Len here, (forgot to introduce myself on the last post!) Really looking forward to meeting all of you guys on Sunday! No matter what, it will be a blast! I will meet up with the NJ group in Teaneck - see ya then!

Forgot to update this thread, but unfortunately I can't make the drive this weekend. I completely spaced that it's my 1-year anniversary and I'm pretty sure the wife wouldn't appreciate me ditching her to hang with the "mistress".

Enjoy guys, I'll see you at the next one!!!

Glad to see you can make it Glenn. Hoping Aaron and Frank can make the drive as well.

Meeting time is 7:15 am and location spot for west of the Hudson as of now is:

Marriott Glenpointe, 100 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Teaneck, NJ 07666

We would like to meet up with the NY group at about 8:30 at the junction of 9W and Storm King. We will be in a parking area on the left side of 9W. The golf course entrance is on the right.

Rich, Sue and I plan to join in and meet you at 7:15 at the Glenpointe Marriott Sun morn.
Mark

Here is what we have so far:
1. passline
2. ftuhy
3. Aaron94T
4. Spa2KJT
5. NSX owner that met Spa2KJT ??
6. HockeyGoalie
7. jazzmann ??
8. gspinner91
9. Mark&Sue
Anyone who should be removed from this Teaneck list, please let us know and also anyone who should be added.
We will be leaving Teaneck at 7:30 sharp and will not be able to stay any longer. Anyone that will be arriving later than that due to traffic or other, will have to catch up with us on the Palisade Interstate Parkway north. And be in touch by radio. Drive safe everyone and have fun. See ya'll on Sunday. :smile:

Last edited:
I've moved a few things around, and will now plan on joining everyone. Are we meeting at the Mobil station at the circle, if so what time is the meeting there?

Again, is this a "meeting point", and if so, what time?

Us New york guys are meeting over at the bp gas station in the Bronx before proceeding to BM, my guess is you can meet with the NJ guys over on the palisades

Last edited:

I'm not sure what time the Long Island/Bronx group will be heading up and if were heading up the SBP, But im sure you can hang out by the 287 sbp interchange between 745 and 8. usually only me 15 mins to get to 287 from throgs neck.
if you want pm me your # and I'll call.

Us New york guys are meeting over at the bp gas station in the Bronx before proceeding to BM, my guess is you can meet with the NJ guys over on the palisades

This has grown into quite a large group for a BM run. All these meeting groups trying to ultimately get to the top of a mountain with limited parking and other tourists will make for a lot of confusion. There should be an area where everyone can regroup at BM that has adequate parking. perhaps at 10:30 AM at the Old Silver Mine Ski Center area now picnic grounds. Just a thought!

I will be at the Annsville Circle DD/Gas station where routes 9 and 202 come together at 8:30 AM. There I can meet Roger, Bailey and any of the NY guys coming up from the Bronx. There is the sweetest part of any road right there which is 202 to get over the BM bridge. I highly recommend even the NJ guys to not miss this section and either do it by crossing the BM bridge and coming to the circle and then doing it again, it will cost you an extra dollar to drive across the bridge but oh it is worth it. As a matter of fact that is a drive when done in the early AM you can do over and over again before there is traffic unless you enjoy driving n highways.

From there we can cross the bridge and do Storm King, and then go to BM and go up Perkins to the top of the mountain. After the top we can drive around and ultimately end up at Silver Mine where we can regroup as people will undoubtedly get lost with this size of a group.

We do not need to try to caravan all together as this will undoubtedly not work and we will get separated and lost. These are my 2 cents and my plan. We should be able to catch up with everyone at all the above listed points as they all should be part of a good BM run anyway. See y'all on Sunday morning somewhere out there! Lunch in Newburgh BBQ sounds great, whoever suggested it maybe could make a reservation or give them a heads up as showing up impromptu may not work with a big group.

Tytus

This has grown into quite a large group for a BM run. All these meeting groups trying to ultimately get to the top of a mountain with limited parking and other tourists will make for a lot of confusion. There should be an area where everyone can regroup at BM that has adequate parking. perhaps at 10:30 AM at the Old Silver Mine Ski Center area now picnic grounds. Just a thought!

I will be at the Annsville Circle DD/Gas station where routes 9 and 202 come together at 8:30 AM. There I can meet Roger, Bailey and any of the NY guys coming up from the Bronx. There is the sweetest part of any road right there which is 202 to get over the BM bridge. I highly recommend even the NJ guys to not miss this section and either do it by crossing the BM bridge and coming to the circle and then doing it again, it will cost you an extra dollar to drive across the bridge but oh it is worth it. As a matter of fact that is a drive when done in the early AM you can do over and over again before there is traffic unless you enjoy driving n highways.

From there we can cross the bridge and do Storm King, and then go to BM and go up Perkins to the top of the mountain. After the top we can drive around and ultimately end up at Silver Mine where we can regroup as people will undoubtedly get lost with this size of a group.

We do not need to try to caravan all together as this will undoubtedly not work and we will get separated and lost. These are my 2 cents and my plan. We should be able to catch up with everyone at all the above listed points as they all should be part of a good BM run anyway. See y'all on Sunday morning somewhere out there! Lunch in Newburgh BBQ sounds great, whoever suggested it maybe could make a reservation or give them a heads up as showing up impromptu may not work with a big group.

Tytus
You are referring to the Mobil station at the circle (didn't know what you mean by DD). I'll be there by 8:30AM

You are referring to the Mobil station at the circle (didn't know what you mean by DD). I'll be there by 8:30AM

DD=Dunkin Doughnuts, see you and anyone else there...

Tytus

NJ drivers will arrive at the West Point junction of 9w and Storm King Highway somewhere between 8:30 and 8:45. There are parking areas on both sides of the road if you do a Google Street View. As of now most drivers have already committed to this and we will be there. If anyone would like to cross the BM bridge for this run, they can leave Teaneck at 7am, which is tough for some coming as far as PA and western NJ. You cannot speed on the Palisades Interstate Parkway as Bailey can attest to. haha! Nice plan Tytus, but getting up at 4am for some is not fun. I don't sleep at all (as Bob well knows) and I would prefer to do all of the runs start to finish but that cannot happen. Bright side ............... opens the door for a later date run or next season.

I will see you guys at the bp gas station near the throgs neck bridge on sunday at 7:30. See you guys there.

NJ drivers will arrive at the West Point junction of 9w and Storm King Highway somewhere between 8:30 and 8:45. There are parking areas on both sides of the road if you do a Google Street View. As of now most drivers have already committed to this and we will be there. If anyone would like to cross the BM bridge for this run, they can leave Teaneck at 7am, which is tough for some coming as far as PA and western NJ. You cannot speed on the Palisades Interstate Parkway as Bailey can attest to. haha! Nice plan Tytus, but getting up at 4am for some is not fun. I don't sleep at all (as Bob well knows) and I would prefer to do all of the runs start to finish but that cannot happen. Bright side ............... opens the door for a later date run or next season.

Rich,

It looks like Jan & I will go. But for us its a straight shot up 287 to 87 (NY Thruway) , then 9 miles east on Rt 6 to the Bear Mtn bridge. We'll meet the group there.

That saves us more than 1/2 hr vs meeting the group in Teaneck. And at my age, I really need that beauty sleep. :rolleyes:

Frank

Sadly I will have to be with you guys in spirit. I will be attending a show in Carlisle PA this weekend with my truck. Have fun and take lots of pictures

Rich,

You guys can cross the GWB from Teaneck, avoid the Palisade Parkway and arrive at the circle at 8:30 instead of West Point, your call. :)

Tytus

See y'all on Sunday morning somewhere out there! Lunch in Newburgh BBQ sounds great, whoever suggested it maybe could make a reservation or give them a heads up as showing up impromptu may not work with a big group.

Tytus

Tytus - I can take the lead on making reservations at Billy Joe's since I've been there before. I would need to know a rough headcount so I can give them an estimate and also what time we plan on getting there. Feel free to PM or text me, 347-403-1272.

Also, in terms of a meeting point, I would recommend the Croton Gorge Park. It's a nice back-drop with good amount of parking. They SOMETIMES charge an entrance fee, however the last 4 times I've been there (on a weekend), they haven't charged.
http://parks.westchestergov.com/croton-gorge-park

Tytus - I can take the lead on making reservations at Billy Joe's since I've been there before. I would need to know a rough headcount so I can give them an estimate and also what time we plan on getting there. Feel free to PM or text me, 347-403-1272.

Also, in terms of a meeting point, I would recommend the Croton Gorge Park. It's a nice back-drop with good amount of parking. They SOMETIMES charge an entrance fee, however the last 4 times I've been there (on a weekend), they haven't charged.
http://parks.westchestergov.com/croton-gorge-park

Thanks for making the reservation. Hard to say how many people as you can see it keeps changing but 15 to 20 would be my wild guess, you may want to ask for people to sign up but event that is no guarantee. We would be there probably between 12:00 and 1:00 PM at the latest.

We already have enough meeting places but that could be a future venue but need to nail down the fee as it can be as high as $10 but in the off season they may not collect the fee. Thanks.

Tytus

I am in the same boat as Frank as I am out west. It looks like my options are:

Teaneck - 7:30
Bear Mt Circle - 8:30

I am on the fence between caravaning and beauty sleeping...

--------------------

Can we all agree, as Tytus suggested, to meet at 10:30 AM at the Old Silver Mine Ski Center?
We will have a lot of cars starting from many locations and it will be impossible to keep everyone together. It makes sense to regroup at a spot that can accommodate everyone. This will also give everyone a chance to chat and admire cars.

Does 10:30 make sense or should we make it 10:00? It will be getting very trafficy after 9:30 so at some point BM will become more frustrating than fun. Thoughts?

Back