• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Been dreaming of an NSX...

There's not alot of manuals out there.
He will probably sell it at that price.

I would tend to agree if it were an Australian delivered vehicle. I believe this car is an import.

I reckon market value on an import is somewhere in the region it would cost you to import one yourself plus some extra for saving you the trouble which would drop the value of this car by between $10-20K.

I would tend to agree if it were an Australian delivered vehicle. I believe this car is an import.

I reckon market value on an import is somewhere in the region it would cost you to import one yourself plus some extra for saving you the trouble which would drop the value of this car by between $10-20K.

And how would you go about that Mike ?? NSX is not on the RAWS scheme, the only other way is to live in Japan for a year and bring in over as a personal import. I don't get why an Import with verifiable KMS and service history should be any differently priced !! Its the same car , except for The 180Kms speedo and limiter, and radio which is easily taken care of .

So your saying my Import Manual with 55000 kms would be worth $45K -$55K ?

Furthermore, If for argument sake the NSX was on the import registrars, all of our car would be worth the same , Dick all ! look at the US market our $ is at parity however the cars are half the price over there because of sheer volume, Aus NSX owners are in a very unique position at the moment, scarcety.

Last edited:
What would you pay? It's a sellers market for manuals. I agree though, he is asking a bit much.

From my research.

1. Science of speed manual conversion roughly $10k USD - delivered
2. 3.2L engine + 6sp Box + electrics $12k USD (I forget where I saw this but it was in America) - unsure of delivery price

$2k for install (is that about right?)

Most Automatic 91 models sell for $40k (give or take a bit) so is this car really worth $23k more becuase of its gearbox? I think not.

Depends on how desperate he is to sell but low $50k mark would be more reasonable.

From my research.

1. Science of speed manual conversion roughly $10k USD - delivered
2. 3.2L engine + 6sp Box + electrics $12k USD (I forget where I saw this but it was in America) - unsure of delivery price

$2k for install (is that about right?)

Most Automatic 91 models sell for $40k (give or take a bit) so is this car really worth $23k more becuase of its gearbox? I think not.

Depends on how desperate he is to sell but low $50k mark would be more reasonable.
Problem with that is now you own a modified car and that will decrease it's market value in my opinion.
Also another problem with imports is insurance is alot higher and are less sought after.
A car is worth what someone will pay for it.:wink:

Problem with that is now you own a modified car and that will decrease it's market value in my opinion.
Also another problem with imports is insurance is alot higher and are less sought after.
A car is worth what someone will pay for it.:wink:

Exactly!!

I guess it comes down to why you are buying a NSX.

... I don't get why an Import with verifiable KMS and service history should be any differently priced !! Its the same car , except for The 180Kms speedo and limiter, and radio which is easily taken care of...
This is not just my opinion, it has always been a fact that imported cars are not worth as much to the general buying public as Australian delivered ones. This is not unique to the NSX. Porsches imported from the UK to here are also are not considered to be worth as much as the equivalent Australian delivered one.

This is not just my opinion, it has always been a fact that imported cars are not worth as much to the general buying public as Australian delivered ones. This is not unique to the NSX. Porsches imported from the UK to here are also are not considered to be worth as much as the equivalent Australian delivered one.
That's been my experience.
Still i would'nt knock back an imported nsxr.
I've got no idea what any price difference would be, probably not that much due to the rarity of nsx's.

And how would you go about that Mike ?? NSX is not on the RAWS scheme, the only other way is to live in Japan for a year and bring in over as a personal import.

I can bring one in as a personal import. :wink: I have lived in Japan for 12 months with the necessary work permit paperwork and stamps in my passport.

Still i would'nt knock back an imported nsxr.
I've got no idea what any price difference would be, probably not that much due to the rarity of nsx's.
Yes me too! The problem is that the NA2 Type R is the one I want to bring in but they are now fetching up to 50% more than their original RRP of 12,000,000 Yen. That's $220,000! So I'll keep watching and waiting to see if/when they come down...

So your saying my Import Manual with 55000 kms would be worth $45K -$55K ?

Well, if I wanted a NA1 manual with 65,000k's on the clock, like the one at auction over there last week, I could have had it landed here and complied for $48,000... So your about right with your estimate.

The thing is in Japan, some NSX's are fetching higher prices than others. If your after a Type R or Type S they are not cheap! However if you want a normal one they can still be picked up quite cheap.

Last edited:
Hey OZ Primers,
I paid $70K for my 92' 5sp with 70k in 2003 with full service, no money needed to spent.
I sold it for $59K in 2007/2008 with 125K with full service required.

I bought my 97' T 6sp with 70k in 2006 full service for $89K. Havent seen a better car since.

I dont see much movement with the NA1's since early 2001 as long as they're not import 5sp and less then 150K. If you want to buy one waiting longer will not result in a lower price, except higher k's hence the lower price and not the age.

NA2 T 6sp have been more rare. I think the numbers are around 120 NSX all up and NA2's there are like 20 odd. 02+ prob less than 5.

AU- Mike my car is nearly ready. give me a call when your in sydney, I owe u a drink.

How do you know it's an import from the photos?

some giveaways

nsx1.jpg

I'm sure the au delivered has a wider numberplate recess

nsx2.jpg

Lets play spot the difference

some giveaways

nsx1.jpg

I'm sure the au delivered has a wider numberplate recess

nsx2.jpg

Lets play spot the difference
+ if i recall correctly AUDM cars have the EDM taillights, (fog light integrated).

These are clearly JDM's (two reversing lights)

I havent checked lately, but like some of the guys have mentioned, I'm pretty sure u can only bring them in as personal imports now - any other loop hole or means would be very surprising (I'd be on it right away)... Else many more would be imported today. I know cos of the countless questions I've had over the yrs about how my EK9 came to be... That's a story for another day :)

Anyway, good to see some activity still here... But still quiet on the cars for sale front :redface:

P.s. do the Melb ppl ever get together for meets?

I'm not sure whether you noticed on the WA thread, MOOK has his car for sale at what seems to be a reasonable price for a manual. In fact it's very reasonable if it is Australian delivered vehicle, not that there's a big difference between the two, but Australian delivered cars seem to attract a premium.

In relation to the Melbourne based crew, yes we do get together a few times a year. I think AussieJohn was going to arrange something up his neck of the woods not too far down the track.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether you noticed on the WA thread, MOOK has his car for sale at what seems to be a reasonable price for a manual. In fact it's very reasonable if it is Australian delivered vehicle, not that there's a big difference between the two, but Australian delivered cars seem to attract a premium.

In relation to the Melbourne based crew, yes we do get together a few times a year. I think AussieJohn was going to arrange something up his neck of the woods not too far down the track.
Thanks for the heads up... didn't even think to check that thread

Great, would love to drool over some local NSXs one day... if you all don't mind of course :wink: will keep an eye out if anything is organised here

Not meaning to hi-jack this thread but I've taken over ClubITR now and it would be cool to have another Type R (and NSXs, hi everyone!) on the forum :) Unless.. you're on it already :redface:
All good Felix... i actually recognised ur nickname from a loooong time ago, probably Ozhonda or ClubITR... i haven't been active for a while tho. Might pop into ClubITR to see what's happening nowadays, hehe.

Back