• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Besides cars, what other hobbies/interests do you have?

I'm into building full size sci-fi props from scratch such as a full size remote controlled R2-D2 with lights and sound. This prop took me 4 years.

http://bestii.com/~wamser/R2page.html

R2backdrop.JPG

Was ur R2D2 at some anime convention?

My friend said there was this really cool one that squacked and beeped.

.....Is the rear tire flat on the bike in the first picture?

good eye.

Yea, I was too rushed into taking pics before a few friends showed up and didn't want to pump it up. The tires are hand-made in Germany with Vectran, same material they use in the Martian landers. It's stronger than kevlar.

Since that bike is not longer made, I've just stored it. The other bikes are used.

I am into bicycles- I have a couple of mountain bikes and have been working on a vintage BMX build to recreate my old Dyno.
Lately I have gotten into training as I intend to compete in a cyclocross this year.

Home improvement is a newer interest. My wife and I bought our first house last year. It was a forclosure and needed cosmetic work. I was able to get some excellent tutoring from my Father In Law and we have done a lot of work to make the place "ours" as opposed to the condition it was in when we purchased it.

My DVD collection is extensive something like 400 plus discs (I haven't counted in a while, I may be over 500 by now)- The collection is legendary amongst my peer group not just for volume, but also for content. If it is a cool movie I probably have it.

I like video gaming, but am not really as avid as some guys on here seem to be.

Other than that- I am a Husband and a Father, and try to be a good son.

Philip

Was ur R2D2 at some anime convention?

My friend said there was this really cool one that squacked and beeped.

There are a few of us R2 builders around in Northern CA(and a bunch down in SoCal). Mine is one of 5(soon to be 6) up here that make appearances at conventions and other similar events.

gleibig;1266381 [IMG said:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/gliebig2006/wmo3.jpg?t=1263823105[/IMG]

Oooooh, look at my friends big boat. Hey buddy when we going, er I mean how's it going. :biggrin:

I tend to get super obsessed with something for a while then move on to something else.

Home Theater
I'm kind of a movie junkie. Watching movies doesn't really seem like a hobby but I do a lot of it, especially after my son goes to sleep. We tend to watch a movie almost every night while we work on stuff on our laptops. :biggrin:

Paintball
I have 5 or so paintball guns myself and I go play at my inlaws property with my newphews and other inlaws when the weather is decent. We usually end up having more guns than people that actually want to play it seems. A couple summers ago I built a fort out of fallen trees and we take turns trying to defend it. It is nearly impossible to shoot the people inside of it.

Pez Dispensers
I have somewhere between 300 and 400 pez dispensers. I've lost track and they're all packed up in boxes right now. I've got a few other small collections like Punisher comics and picture discs (vinyl records with photos on them).

Music
I have a bunch of home studio gear, which is also in storage until I have more space. I've been getting antsy to record some new music lately though.

Photo/Video
I enjoy taking pictures and making videos as well. I'm looking forward to some decent weather so I can make a cool NSX TURBO video.

Home Improvement
I can't wait to get a house so i can start spending gobs of money at Home Depot again. I did the tile floors in my bathroom, entry, and kitchen myself as well as all sorts of other things in my condo. But I'm done spending anything on that place as i'm trying to get the hell out. I feel kinda useless if I don't have some kind of constructive project going on.

xbox360
I have a 31k gamerscore on xbox live if that means anything to you hehe.

Web design/development
Almost all the money that paid for my NSX came from this. I build websites for myself mostly. Most of that being programming in PHP. I've been slacking lately though.

..other things I've been really into for a while in the past but moved on:
Video Game Development
Robotics

There are a few of us R2 builders around in Northern CA(and a bunch down in SoCal). Mine is one of 5(soon to be 6) up here that make appearances at conventions and other similar events.

I hope you got lojack in that thing :biggrin:

Home Improvement
I feel kinda useless if I don't have some kind of constructive project going on.

I am totally with ya on that one.

Last Monday I did nothing (productive). At the end of the day I felt guilty. I actually called someone on prime and was saying "what am I gonna do when I retire?"

Just picked up my latest and greatest not too long ago.

strat.jpg

.....Home Theater
I'm kind of a movie junkie. Watching movies doesn't really seem like a hobby but I do a lot of it, especially after my son goes to sleep. We tend to watch a movie almost every night while we work on stuff on our laptops. :biggrin:....

Bat+Theater.jpg

I don't think I'd like to watch movies in there. It doesn't look comfortable or inviting at all. I want my theater to have a Swanky Lounge theme.. if I ever have a space big enough to build a proper one that is.

Muay Thai Kickboxing
Luta Livre (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)
Snowboarding
Rock Climbing
Mountain Bikes
Anything Out Doorsy
Wallets, Sunglasses, Watches
ect...

Just picked up my new toy....
trike.jpg

trike2.jpg

Ok, it's not mine, but I want one. One of our clients just picked this up the other day.

Attachments

• trike.jpg
    trike.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 88
  • trike2.jpg
    trike2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I have a 2 year old and 5 year old boys at home so that keeps me busy when I am not messing with cars. It is seems kind of sad but getting older I don't do as much for me but for other people. It is a good thing I think. I was trying to run with VegasNSX but then I got lazy after my first 5K run. I am trying to track my cars but that gets expensive too.

Just picked up my new toy....
trike.jpg

trike2.jpg

Ok, it's not mine, but I want one. One of our clients just picked this up the other day.

Wow! You can have a woman nagging you from both sides, unlike a McClaren where they are still set back a ways.

One seatbelt (in the middle) will do just fine, please. :biggrin:

Home Theater:
I have two systems: one family room and one media room. Both are filled with Anthony Gallo Acoustics satellites backed by SVSound subwoofers. This hobby becomes much more important with little ones around, if you ever want to stay current on movies...

Target Archery
I have a compound bow (Buckmaster) set at 51 pounds and a fiberglass 25 pound recurve for the family to shoot. I'm a little out of it at the moment, but at my best, I was putting 90% at 40 yards and 33% at 80 yards in a 6 inch diameter circle (with sights, obviously). I never grew up with guns around, so this is how I got my aggression out...

Hot Sauce Collection
I enjoy hot sauces- after finishing a bottle, I'll clean it out and put it on display. I have a dozen or so empties on display and put a new one up about once a month. My favorites are usually made with cayenne peppers, but some chipotle and jalapeno are great too. I'm not a fan of habanero- they're just too hot to taste good.

Back