• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best sports car under $50,000?

The NSX is obviously the best. What's the second best?
New or used, doesn't matter.
If you could pick 1 daily driver sports car (other than the NSX), under $50,000, what would you pick?

Newer m3, newer m5, you can pick up a ferrari 360, a nice supra, rx7, 911 turbo 01-03, the list goes on and on. I would get a clean 911 turbo with a gt2 wing lowered with nice rims.

DeTomaso Pantera if I can keep my normal cars

But if I actually have to daily drive it, maintain it, and it's my only car, then E36 4-door M3.

Daily driving a car worth more than 10k is a bad idea IMHO

Last edited:
Tough question, but I would take a good hard look at the FRS/BRZ, especially after the turbo version comes out. :)

Newer m3, newer m5, you can pick up a ferrari 360, a nice supra, rx7, 911 turbo 01-03, the list goes on and on. I would get a clean 911 turbo with a gt2 wing lowered with nice rims.

Last I checked a 360 was running 70-80k clean.

Daily driver and sports car don't really mix in my book as I want comfort and an auto in my DD. But for that price range I would vote for C6 ZO6, SRT-10 or 911 TT.

Newer m3, newer m5, you can pick up a ferrari 360, a nice supra, rx7, 911 turbo 01-03, the list goes on and on...

Perhaps we should define "best" for you.... LOL... you can't be the best if everyone else is also the best.

John call me when you find a Bentley GTC for 50K. Or a vantage....

If you could pick 1 daily driver sports car (other than the NSX), under $50,000, what would you pick?
In the pure spirit of the question, deciding on a car that I would actually drive around in with frequency I would go with something in the $30k region and pick a used Porsche Cayman, Ford Mustang, or Corvette. The Cayman would be nice and refined while the other two are just silly fun to drive.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the look or interior, I think I'd do the C6 Z06 Corvette. Can't deny the bang for the buck and the sheer amount of performance.. it'll also be an excellent track car.

for a dd I'd need storage and a backseat......mustang boss 302...laguna seca version please...

5.jpg

Back