• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Boostzilla!!!

Looks like cool stuff.

What cracks me up though is the similarity of the swirly thing:
baschzilla-logo-small.gif

BBSC_logo_319.gif

Yeah, in addition, my keen powers of observation noticed a quasi-subliminal BaschBoost logo adorning the breastplate of Boostzilla's reeling opponent, which unmistakeably identifies him as none other than . . . THE BASCHBOTT !!!!!!!!!!

boostzilla-splash.jpg

That logo is awfully close.. hope there are no legal issues there..

Yikes!! I see at least 3 copyright infringments in that picture.

Gotta love the picture though, looks like someone PO the wrong person.

Wow! We are truly living in the golden age of the NSX aftermarket. This is just amazing how may new FI kits have come down the line in the past year or two. This is a great time to be an NSX owner!

Im very interested to find out what this kit is using for fuel management. I see the rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Maybe they are just controlling via mechanical means, like Comptech? As others on this thread have pointed out, the real magic is not in the “hard parts”, but in the fuel management.

Anyway, I think I have seen the design inspiration for this kit a couple of year ago.

Take a look here:

http://www.nsxhelp.com/amnsxlit/ALMS01/index.htm

NSXTC said:
Wow! We are truly living in the golden age of the NSX aftermarket. This is just amazing how may new FI kits have come down the line in the past year or two. This is a great time to be an NSX owner!

Im very interested to find out what this kit is using for fuel management. I see the rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Maybe they are just controlling via mechanical means, like Comptech? As others on this thread have pointed out, the real magic is not in the “hard parts”, but in the fuel management.

Anyway, I think I have seen the design inspiration for this kit a couple of year ago.

Take a look here:

http://www.nsxhelp.com/amnsxlit/ALMS01/index.htm

Yep, I think the kit will be nice. Now what one Dali or Comptech? Maybe santa will get me one for christmas. :D

>Anyway, I think I have seen the design inspiration for this kit a couple of year ago.
George Peniche placed a Vortech SC there back in 96. His setup included an in line Air/Liquid IC. Only thing I would have done differently was to place it lower, after removing the alternator fan, where the Dali unit is now. As for the Basch unit, Vortech came out with the extension bar design four years ago.

JoeSchmoe said:
Looks like cool stuff.

What cracks me up though is the similarity of the swirly thing:
baschzilla-logo-small.gif

BBSC_logo_319.gif

Since Mark Johnson and Mark Basch are best friends and business partners. Are these superchargers just the same unit but different labels? Is that why the logos are pretty much the same design?
Steve

I think you missed the part where they became ex-friends, ex-business partners. Looks like the FI arena is about to get ugly. :eek:

Juice said:
I'm curious. If the system has been studied so well, and is ready for sale, why then is there no price listed? Wouldn't I just be able to purchase it if every thing was ready to go? And where does the boost hit with this kit?

MORE importantly, I want to see MONGOzilla!

MJ told me the site goes live on Sat. This means that he was keeping things on the down low till after NSteXpo. I am sure you will see price and more info after Monday 6-16-03:)

So to pick up on something that SJS implied, why go centrifugal at all in a tabula rasa SC NSX design, given the underlying TQ curve of the NSX engine? The positive displacement blowers present a more challenging packaging problem, but if you're going to go SC instead of turbo, that's where the SC R&D work should be directed, since the PD charger output has much better synergy with the flat, unboosted NSX TQ curve...

I saw the BoostZilla car Friday night at Goodson Acura at Texpo.. I must say very nice.. and very clean. Chris, the guy who designed/created the supercharger was present as well (it was his car). I'll see if I can get some pictures online soon.

ALIENT

any details given out on how is the fuel / timing management is handled?

ALIENT said:
I saw the BoostZilla car Friday night at Goodson Acura at Texpo.. I must say very nice.. and very clean. Chris, the guy who designed/created the supercharger was present as well (it was his car). I'll see if I can get some pictures online soon.

ALIENT

My little rant, unprovoked maybe, but I just need to say.........

Nice to see new developments in this area as always. I hope for this project Mark, gets the time and space to work on the project without a bombardment of 'potential' customers and their questions. I mean, do all the people that post an endless list of questions really are going to go out and buy one tomorrow? I think maybe not.

Mark's emailbox is probably already over quota and refusing new emails, and then the flames will start, and a NSX vendor, may just wonder if this hassle is actually worth it.

Of course if Mark wants a European demonstrator for the kit.....where do I sign?!!!

NSXTC said:
any details given out on how is the fuel / timing management is handled?

From what I understand, it uses a stock ECU with some some type of mapper (smartmap?).. He did mention that the stock ECU was perfect for the SC implementation.

I am a little confused. Is Boostzilla comptech's new SC or is it strickly a DALI product?

Does that mean we will have 4/5 SC options?
Comptech/New Comptech
Dali - Boostzilla
Baschboost
GruppeM

:confused:

Is it ok to run these SC products without aftermarket headers and exhausts?

NetViper said:
Is it ok to run these SC products without aftermarket headers and exhausts?

I think all of them would benifit from headers and an exhaust upgrade. The question would be if your muffler could handle FI.

This is a top notch kit made my top notch people!!! I've seen this kit grow from inception until now, and it has been throughly tested and put through the paces.

If I owned an NSX and was looking for the 400 HP kick in the pants, there's no other alternative.

Back