• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bright Light Tech around anymore?

Guys I accidentally erased my private messages from Chris at bright light tech. Is he around? I need to get some things repaired and I also need to buy some stuff. If he is not on the forum anymore can anyone PM me his contact?

I noticed his thread was locked... I don't know why...

last time i talked with him he said he does some type of snowboarding and the season was about to start so he wouldnt be on for a while. im waiting same as you for repairs and to buy some things.

I might have been looking under an old thread before he changed usernames.

I was thinking the same thing I put down $100 for the front LED and would like for it to get done and my rears. If not refund. Heard he was going through personal issues but yeah didnt hear anything back since August.

His last post here was mid Oct 2012.

My last PM from him was mid Nov 2012.

I hope all is well and that you're still around BLT :p

So what do we do when we have a problem with something down the road? I have yet to install my LED taillights. If you want to keep your name untarnished, you have to leave contact info and actually contact anyone with problems back. I am not saying you have to warranty your stuff forever, you can charge money for your time doing repairs out of warranty. But that is a lot better than someone having to throw away $900 in lights (nevermind the cut up factory housing that's another $1200) because they can't get a repair done.

I'm sending you my interior set tomorrow, looking forward to getting them repaired. Please do provide contact/service/warranty info some place and actually respond to it. As I said, charge for your time. No one will have a problem with that. No one expects you to work for free for the next 5 years. Just don't leave anyone stranded.

So what do we do when we have a problem with something down the road? I have yet to install my LED taillights. If you want to keep your name untarnished, you have to leave contact info and actually contact anyone with problems back. I am not saying you have to warranty your stuff forever, you can charge money for your time doing repairs out of warranty. But that is a lot better than someone having to throw away $900 in lights (nevermind the cut up factory housing that's another $1200) because they can't get a repair done.

I'm sending you my interior set tomorrow, looking forward to getting them repaired. Please do provide contact/service/warranty info some place and actually respond to it. As I said, charge for your time. No one will have a problem with that. No one expects you to work for free for the next 5 years. Just don't leave anyone stranded.

I like you Dave. You always ask the questions others are afraid to ask. :)

On my orig thread, which for some reason is locked, I offer 1 year warranty on my products. This means if something does go out, I'll repair it free of charge.

And yes, I do not have plans to perform repairs well into my retirement. That's why with every order I supply up to 15 spare LEDs. That way if something does go out and I'm not available, any electronic repair shop will be able to make the repair for less than $10 a bulb (I charge a little over a $1.00 for out of warranty bulb repairs). I even had customers buy extra spares. I'll have to look back at my pricing sheet but I believe I can sell you a 100 spare LEDs for less than $15.

As for contact PM and email is the best way to contact me. I'm a one man show here. Lol.

Back