• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bright Light Tech - NSX LED Lighting Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing up some pics of a kit I finished a few weeks back for a customer here in SoCal.
Now im starting to like what i see! :smile:

Is it possible to add LED's all the way to the edges and fill the empty spaces to the left and right? When i check the lamps on my car there should be enough space behind the glass.

Now im starting to like what i see! :smile:

Is it possible to add LED's all the way to the edges and fill the empty spaces to the left and right? When i check the lamps on my car there should be enough space behind the glass.

Took a look at the lights and its doable for one side of the lights but not for the triangular area of the lights. There is not enough material behind the plastic and will compromise strength of the plastic.

After months of not listening to my customers (just kidding... somewhat) I'm happy to introduce the LED side markers!

If you have any of my exterior products this will be a GREAT addition! You can finally have the absolute brightest available LED lighting for your side markers. Or if you just want to install these so that others can see you in their blind spot... EVEN BETTER!

Lastly, all orders include FREE installation and orders can be turned around in less than 2-3 buisness days!

Now onto some cool pics!

DSC04470.JPG

DSC04471.JPG

DSC04472.JPG

DSC04473.JPG

DSC04474.JPG

DSC04484.JPG

DSC04486.JPG

DSC04487.JPG

14.jpg

Last edited:
Took a few pics tonight showing the side markers:

DSC04490.JPG

DSC04491.JPG

With these babies people will definatly notice you!

DSC04492.JPG

Also, with the nights getting longer and Day Light Savings ending soon... be sure to UPGRADE your interior lights!

photo.JPG

Lastly, I got a pic from one of my customers who installed the front turn signals!

How and where do I order things? Just PM? Can I use my group buy pricing credit that you promised me towards other stuff? Where do I see the interior lighting stuff and how much are the side markers?

Personally,I like the LED strings in the headlights. I just dont want to pay almost $400 for it. I think it would be a big seller at a reasonable price.

2002+ headlights are very difficult to work with and just the labor to open and re-seal is at least 3-4 hours of work. I've done quite a few sets and it's very intricate work. Anyone can do it but it takes patience and a lot of TLC.

OP: I really like your taillights - how reliable are these? I might have to try a set but does it involve cutting open your OEM tail lights? What is the warranty on these if let's say one bulb fails down the road?

I've seen many LED kits pop up here over the years but most vendors disappear after a while when the bulbs start failing. I think this is the most important part of the lights since we all know how cool LED's look but once the bulb goes out it looks like crap. Have you accounted for moisture, vibration and other issues that are associated with car installs?

There are spare LED's in my kit and to date I don't know of anyone having had any of these fail. The quality of work at least, looks excellent.

How and where do I order things? Just PM? Can I use my group buy pricing credit that you promised me towards other stuff? Where do I see the interior lighting stuff and how much are the side markers?
Via PM! All my products are in the first post with prices listed.

2002+ headlights are very difficult to work with and just the labor to open and re-seal is at least 3-4 hours of work. I've done quite a few sets and it's very intricate work. Anyone can do it but it takes patience and a lot of TLC.

OP: I really like your taillights - how reliable are these? I might have to try a set but does it involve cutting open your OEM tail lights? What is the warranty on these if let's say one bulb fails down the road?

I've seen many LED kits pop up here over the years but most vendors disappear after a while when the bulbs start failing. I think this is the most important part of the lights since we all know how cool LED's look but once the bulb goes out it looks like crap. Have you accounted for moisture, vibration and other issues that are associated with car installs?

Thank you for the positive comments! As for reliability I would dare say close to OEM. All my components used are for automotive use. And no expense was spared in selecting the right components to product these kits. To date I had 0 LED failures and its been almost a year since my products became available. Now this being said, it is not a guarantee against failures which is why I supply extra LEDs as well as a 1 year warranty. Post warranty I am more than willing to fix any defects for less than $1.00 per burned out LED. Hope you become a customer! It would be very nice to see some LEDs on your ride! :biggrin:

DSC04535.JPG

GroupBuy Update!

Ragecorps kits is making big progress. So far have one side completely wired up and ready to go. Also working on a set of door lights and dome lights. Will have it done this weekend for sure.

Next in line is vfss' kit which I will start on 10/3 for an anticipated finish date of 10/10!

Thank you for the positive comments! As for reliability I would dare say close to OEM. All my components used are for automotive use. And no expense was spared in selecting the right components to product these kits. To date I had 0 LED failures and its been almost a year since my products became available. Now this being said, it is not a guarantee against failures which is why I supply extra LEDs as well as a 1 year warranty. Post warranty I am more than willing to fix any defects for less than $1.00 per burned out LED. Hope you become a customer! It would be very nice to see some LEDs on your ride! :biggrin:

Rick, I was there over the weekend and Richard's LEDs are VERY impressive in terms of how bright they can get. You can adjust the intensity to a more "OEM" level to BAAAAAMMM!!! to "it's time for someone to rear end me so I can get my rear bumper repainted and that diffuser" :wink:

I'm going to go with this route. Now all I need to do is to find a good used set of tails.

Rick, I was there over the weekend and Richard's LEDs are VERY impressive in terms of how bright they can get. You can adjust the intensity to a more "OEM" level to BAAAAAMMM!!! to "it's time for someone to rear end me so I can get my rear bumper repainted and that diffuser" :wink:

I'm going to go with this route. Now all I need to do is to find a good used set of tails.

Cool I need to check out your ride when it's all done ~ still want to experience your SOS charger :)

rick

Purchased a set of custom LED signal lights from BLT. These, by far, are amazing in quality and workmanship--from the LED's to the vacuum-sealed connectors. You definitely get what you paid for. Thanks, BLT!!

I have posted on another thread providing my thoughts on Bright Light Tech's LED kit and I wanted to post up some pictures of a recent install I did for an 02+ set of tail lights WITHOUT the internal diffuser.

A diffuserless install is definitely a personal preference decision but I thought I would post up some comparisons.

First, I wanted to say again how impressed I am with Richard's kit. His flexibility and offering of customized designs keeps this product fresh. I love that he welcomes suggestions and customization options. The LED intensity adjustment is really smart. Some people want them to be as bright as a human eye can tolerate and some people want them to be no brighter than the OEM bulbs. What if you change your mind? What if you want the "lights on" intensity to be the same as OEM but the "brakes on" to be brighter than the light of god? You can do it with this kit.

Gone are the days of having to decide between the GTC and Bar... you can have both with a flip of a switch. I really love that! Hey, I'll install any kit you send my way, but by far, this is the best kit I've worked with.

If you don't want to risk damaging your tail lights (as they do damage easily) or are worried about a perfect seal or just don't have the time to spend on the installs... I do provide install services at a better rate than Bright Light Tech does so Richard can focus on making kits and I can work on the installs for his customers.

I charge $350 for 91-01 tail lights and $400 for 02+ tail lights.

The 91-01 tail lights must be in good condition i.e. no broken tabs, not brittle or already damaged. I charge an extra $50 for tail lights in this condition.

The turnaround time is usually 1 week minus all shipping time. I can rush the job but prefer to take my time to ensure the job is done right.

And finally here are some pictures of the diffuserless kit install!

91-01 Tail Light LED kit with diffuser with flash
IMG_18031.JPG

02+ Tail Light BLT kit without diffuser with flash (not sealed / larger gap)
IMG_1805.JPG

91-01 Tail Light LED kit with diffuser taken with flash
IMG_1808.JPG

02+ Tail Light BLT kit without diffuser taken with flash unsealed
IMG_1807.JPG

91-01 Tail Light LED kit with diffuser without flash
IMG_1810.JPG

02+ Tail Light BLT kit without diffuser without flash unsealed
IMG_18111.JPG

02+ Tail Light BLT kit without diffuser no flash unsealed
IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

02+ Tail Light BLT kit without diffuser with flash sealed
IMG_1864_2.jpg

02+ Tail Light BLT kit without diffuser no flash sealed
IMG_1865_2.jpg

IMG_1866_2.jpg

Yes you'll notice that the rubber spacer popped out because there was no diffuser holding it in. I had to re-open both lights and secure those spacers and re-seal them again.

02+ Passenger Tail Light BLT kit without diffuser no flash sealed
IMG_1868_2.jpg

IMG_1869_2.jpg

IMG_1870_2.jpg

The sealed assemblies are much cleaner but I had to take comparison photos to help the kit owner decide whether to go diffuserless or not. Personally I think he made the right decision and I think it looks great. With the 02 Tail Lights, diffuserless looks really nice. For a 91-01 tail light, you'd have to have Richard line up the turn signal LEDs identical to the brake LEDs so they look uniform or the turn signal LEDs would make the lights look unbalanced.

Yep! One year warranty!

Now, some exciting stuff. I just wrapped up an 8 switchable kit derived from the GTC/Full bar kit. I originally only meant to have 5 of these designs but since each design is activated by a different combination of switches I ended up with 8!!! This kit is in production and the first lucky owner will have it shipped out by this weekend. The second lucky owner will be ME because I just can’t resist as I love the options in this kit. I do have pricing set and it’s VERY reasonable and will have it posted in a few days. Also, the kit will be special order only as it takes a significant amount of work to make compared to the GTC/Full bar kit.
newcombo.jpg

Interested in a set o these for 2000. Also the front blues

Another group buy update!

DSC04545.JPG

Ragecorps' kit was completly this afternoon!!! Also, since he's in socal he has already picked it up and installed it! Great thing about his kit is its a 3 bar when in normal mode and once the brake lights are applied it switches to a Mega Bar. If you look closely, the whole tail light is jam packed with LEDs to give a real mind blowing effect!

roster.jpg

Also, RobotTrader76's kit and vf2ss will be done by the end of this week... So we are ahead of schedule! I'll post up some pics of vf2ss' kit as I make progress. It'll be by far the most unique design I've built and VERY cost effective as well. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Hello, I picked up my kit today from Richard and whew.. they are AMAZING!! :eek: As mentioned by many testimonials before, it is a very high quality build. It is plug and play with a brightness controller. So far, I have everything set to full brightness (haha) except for the parking lights. I am going to adjust them before I go out and get some people to follow me to get their opinion on the brightness setup (hopefully they are able to see afterwards, haha).

I have wanted to get a set for a loooooong time and I am soooo glad I did. Thanks again Richard for offering such a great product! :cool:

Here are some quick photos I took below. I went for a 3-bar to Megabar setup. I've also included photos of the interior lights as well. My crappy photos do not give it justice! They are very crisp and bright! :biggrin: :smile:

Parking lights:
ParkingLight.jpg

Brakes Applied:
BrakesApplied.jpg

Turn Signals:
TurnSignals.jpg

Reverse:
Reverse.jpg

All On:
AllOn.jpg

Door:
Door.jpg

Coupe Dome Light:
Dome.jpg

Last edited:
When are you going to post in the DIY section, this interest me as it is cheaper. I tried to quote but did not work. I am asking about the front signal driving lights.

Last edited:
Wow that looks AMAZING!

I just picked up a Di-Flow rear diffuser for my NSX and I think these lights would be a good complement for my butt end :)

How's the wiring on the inside of the car, did you guys have to cut the OEM harness or how was this done in terms of wiring?

rick

Wow that looks AMAZING!

I just picked up a Di-Flow rear diffuser for my NSX and I think these lights would be a good complement for my butt end :)

How's the wiring on the inside of the car, did you guys have to cut the OEM harness or how was this done in terms of wiring?

rick

Rick, no need for cutting of the wiring harness to make these work. Plugs into the oem connectors with additional wiring for the brightness controller. Here is Richards original thread showing the setup in the first post. There is a small modification to take care of the brake light warning which I'll have to check on later on. Other than that, easy install!! :cool:

GB update!

Robot's kit was shipped Thursday and vf2ss will ship tomorrow! I also took a few pics of vf2ss' custom designed kit which looks absolutely stunning. Whats more stunning is that the kit costs less than $400!!! If your looking for a custom kit let me know!

Now next in line is customer #4 which will start on Monday and will be completed by 10/17.

DSC04554.JPG

DSC04561.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back