• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying a high mileage NSX

What concerns would you (any member) have buying an NSX with 150,000 miles?

Would you be worried buying a well kept NSX with 150,000 miles?

Do you consider 150,000 miles high?

The reason for my question is I have a person interested in purchasing my car with 98,000 miles (158,000 KM) and a friend of theirs who works at an Acura dealership told him once the car has more than 200,000 KM or 124,000 miles you will have a very difficult/ impossible time selling the car.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Note: I have reciepts going back to 75,000 KM, no accidents, interior in great condition, engine has all repairs brought up to spec., no door dings, car looks, rides and handles great.

Well, I would buy a high mile NSX, but I am obviously on the fringe of NSX owners. :D

Dash Rip Rock said:
What concerns would you (any member) have buying an NSX with 150,000 miles?
None, really. I would be extra careful about the condition of the car, though - particularly checking that the maintenance schedule had been followed in recent years (and preferably for the lifetime of the car). Just as you have already noted in your description.

I would expect maintenance to cost higher than for a lower-mileage car. But I would also expect the purchase price to be lower, as the trade-off.

Dash Rip Rock said:
Do you consider 150,000 miles high?
I consider it well above average.

Dash Rip Rock said:
The reason for my question is I have a person interested in purchasing my car with 98,000 miles (158,000 KM) and a friend of theirs who works at an Acura dealership told him once the car has more than 200,000 KM or 124,000 miles you will have a very difficult/ impossible time selling the car.

What are everyone's thoughts?
That's nonsense. You can sell ANY car easily; it's just a matter of how much money you get for it. As long as you price an NSX with 150K or 200K miles properly, you will have no trouble selling it. Sure, some buyers won't even look at a higher mileage car, but others will.

I would no have a problem with buyings an NSX with high mileage.
On the following conditions:
Must have all the service records
Must have all the services done on time and up to date.
No accidents, and must be check out and priced right.

Going by the experiance I had with my 1990 Accord with over 600,000 Km...and ran perfectly. With the NSX it's a breeze.

PS: There is a guy in Toronto here with over 500,000 Km on his NSX.
NOW thats Honda Engineering

Bram

km not miles

His car is actually 98,000 miles on it and is in great condition.
I drove it!
Trev

Back