• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caravan for the NSX-Craze 2011

Ok everyone. as you know there is about 3 weeks left and I wanted to see what time we can decide on meeting up to caravan together for Austin on Fri Oct 7th.

NSX Craze INFO

The starting point is as follows...

SAME AS EVERY YEAR!!!!!!
Garden Ridge Pottery Lets get there by 430-5 PM at the latest. Please keep in mind that is a Friday and traffic is always crazy on Fridays as people head out to Austin to party it up.

Garden Ridge‎
19411 Atrium Place
Houston, TX 77094
(281) 578-2334
gardenridge.com‎

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...37269776457827
no need for gas.....we always stop a few miles outside Katy on the way

Also has anyone made reservations for hotel?

Just wanted to get things moving and don't wanna wait till the last moment.

Please chime in.

Thanks
Rahim

Updated 9/19/2011

Last edited:
Jeff Baker uses Garden Ridge... has worked well in the past.

Garden Ridge
19411 Atrium Place
Houston, TX 77094

We used it for NSXPO2010 and it was great. Visibility from I-10 and huge clear lot to park in.

Ya, Garden Ridge is a good general meeting area. I think there is an abandoned small shopping strip in front of Garden Ridge that might be better to park at.

I'll be ready to leave Friday after work. Hope to leave Houston around 6pm and caravan towards Austin for some late dinner in when we reach there. If the group prefers to go Saturday morning, I can do that as well.

I am down for a caravan to Austin. Me and my significant other took that Friday off so let's come up with a good time for everyone.

What about hotel rooms? Obviously, being with my girl, I am going to need a solo room. I was hoping to have a discount block room already available as an option, but as long as it is any Hilton property, including Hampton Inn, I may be able to get us a group deal on rooms. Maybe even extra security measures for having the cars parked out front. Just comment below with any suggestions as to any particular area of Austin to stay that you may have in mind. I would rather be closer to the bars we may visit than the track event to be honest. Just as a safety measure.
Comment away please with hotel suggestions or areas.

The Friday meet at BJ's brewhouse is closer to 290. If we plan on attending that, I would suggest taking 290 to Austin.

If so, the outlet mall has a huge parking lot and would be easy to meet at.

Houston Premium Outlets
29300 Hempstead Road, Cypress, TX 77433

map:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=10515+Mopac+Expressway,+Austin+TX.+78759&hl=en&geocode=Fey0yQEdb9lK-g%3BFcPCzwEdmbcs-imXBOu1ecxEhjH7Wl0HvadomQ&sll=29.996282,-95.75837&sspn=0.006272,0.013078&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=30.140377,-96.723633&spn=1.662628,2.334595&z=8&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=10515+Mopac+Expressway,+Austin+TX.+78759&hl=en&geocode=Fey0yQEdb9lK-g%3BFcPCzwEdmbcs-imXBOu1ecxEhjH7Wl0HvadomQ&sll=29.996282,-95.75837&sspn=0.006272,0.013078&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=30.140377,-96.723633&spn=1.662628,2.334595&z=8" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Last edited:
Bui,

Good point. Just for grins, I google map'ed the 2 routes.

From Katy(Garden Ridge address)
I-10 to 71.....150 miles and 2 hours 35 minutes
I-10 to 290...153 miles and 2 hours 53 minutes

From Cypress(Outlet Mall)
290............135 miles and 2 hours 36 minutes

I don't mind meeting closer to North and rolling ala true caravan style via 290, but the other thought would be Southsiders take I-10/290 route and we meet in Gidding, TX which is a halfway point.

I think we all meet off 290 and Hwy 6 area and roll that way. It would be a straight shot. :wink:

I am down for a caravan to Austin. Me and my significant other took that Friday off so let's come up with a good time for everyone.

What about hotel rooms? Obviously, being with my girl, I am going to need a solo room. I was hoping to have a discount block room already available as an option, but as long as it is any Hilton property, including Hampton Inn, I may be able to get us a group deal on rooms. Maybe even extra security measures for having the cars parked out front. Just comment below with any suggestions as to any particular area of Austin to stay that you may have in mind. I would rather be closer to the bars we may visit than the track event to be honest. Just as a safety measure.

There should be a list starting soon of people who have room for out of town people to stay.

Hotel wise... probably pick one close to wherever we will be convening every morning. Kelley will be able to fill in that blank. Last time in Austin it was at TxChopper's house.

There is a hampton inn next to the Sams Boat restaurant on Braker. Its near BJ's and close to everyone.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/...ionid=TRYZM0QRIN5LYCSGBIUM22Q?ctyhocn=AUSNWHX

I believe close to "Cedar Park, TX" area would be ideal, as thats where Kelly O. is located and where we will likely be parlaying. :biggrin:

There is a hampton inn next to the Sams Boat restaurant on Braker. Its near BJ's and close to everyone.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/...ionid=TRYZM0QRIN5LYCSGBIUM22Q?ctyhocn=AUSNWHX

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that Hampton. Since I will have my girlfriend with me, I will have to get a hotel, but I dont mind at all being the only one that will require a hotel. Plus I have a real bad habit of sleep walking in my sleep. I may just sleep walk my way into someone else's NSX for a late night joy ride. Who knows, LOL.

This is shaping up to be for a good time.

Did you all figure out the starting point yet?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4:30 - 5:00 may be too early to leave work and make it on time.

Dave told me he's leaving on Saturday, who all is going on that caravan and what time?

Last edited:
I should be leaving Friday after work, I'm thinking 5:30-6PM. I'm willing to meet where the majority meets.

Anyone coming from Dallas Fortworth? Mike my wingman sold his NSX's this year.:cool:

I really wanted to attend but i am on 12 hours all this week and next week. We are having a big shutdown where i work.I hope everyone has a great time and post some pictures for those of us who cannot attend thanks.

Back