• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check timing and setting timing.

Is the timing set through the computer being that is cool pack design? I've never really thought to much on this until I've developed a misfire, and may need to check it with the other common misfire developments.

Thanks

I have done that and will be replacing the coils as they look like they have some corrosion. Just wondering for general information as well.

Check theear coil packs for H2O and corrosion.

Cheers
nigel

Ignition timing / advance is controlled by the ECU based upon engine speed and MAP and using the crankshaft / camshaft position sensors to establish the firing order and relative positions of all the piston WRT TDC.

Ignition timing / advance is controlled by the ECU based upon engine speed and MAP and using the crankshaft / camshaft position sensors to establish the firing order and relative positions of all the piston WRT TDC.

If you search here you won't find much information about verifying timing on your OEM NSX. There's a thread about which timing lights work best, with the consensus (IIRC) being the Snap-On light worked the best. Well, I have no problems with my cheaper Innova 3568 light and placing the inductive pickup around the test loop near the ignitor.

Verifying timing is one of the first things you do when going to an aftermarket ECU. For those that are on the OEM ECU, Honda provides a pot where you can adjust the base timing. The description is in the SM.

Dave

Are 91/94 OEM coils still available? I've collected 4 {2 fronts/2 rears} over the years still packaged. Not having issues but would like a complete OEM set some day.

Are 91/94 OEM coils still available? I've collected 4 {2 fronts/2 rears} over the years still packaged. Not having issues but would like a complete OEM set some day.

They are available to order, not sure how many are available in US stock at the moment. Pricey at over $100/per with discount;).

regards,
LarryB

Back