• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Christopher Dorner

I'm surprised no one on Prime has brought this story up. Thoughts?

I've read his manifesto and I don't think he's crazy. I think he was a good guy that got pushed to these extreme actions by a corrupt LAPD.

I understand and am sympathetic to his issues with police corruption, however, there is no better way to make an argument invalid and lack credibility personally than by murdering innocent people. Sane people don't intentionally and with forethought murder innocent people and there's no way to get past that. Actions speak louder than words, I'm afraid, and that's crazy enough for me to justify his permanent incarceration. But I don't think it'll come to that - he won't go w/o a fight.

If you assume Dorner is telling the truth about what happened, then I'm not sure what to think.
How many decades has everyone known the LAPD is corrupt and nothing changes...
I think Dorner should be on death row, and the FBI should be checking out the LAPD.

I think he has already taken his own life. Who in their right mind wants to get cought and spend 2 lifetimes in jail? Orrr he is in hiding somewhere very secluded. Its crazy how all American news takes presedence over Canadian news.

I doubt he has taken his own life.

My guess is that the truck (up in Big Bear) and his wallet (in San Diego) were diversionary tactics.

He stated in his manifesto that the law enforcement agencies didn't have the budgets to string out their officers on so much overtime. He's waiting, IMO.

I don't think he'll make death row. This will end very badly, I'm sure of it.
If you assume Dorner is telling the truth about what happened, then I'm not sure what to think.
How many decades has everyone known the LAPD is corrupt and nothing changes...
I think Dorner should be on death row, and the FBI should be checking out the LAPD.

Some food for thought:

1) After the first two people were killed, the police were treating this like any old homicide and not really putting any extra effort into finding out who did it. After one of their own officers were killed, then they put every single officer on patrol on an all out manhunt for this guy. It immediately jumped to their highest priority.

2) The bounty on his head $1M is the highest every issued for a fugitive from the LAPD and was only issued after their own officer was killed and it was clear his intent was to target officers and expose the LAPD. No such reward was posted after the murder of the two innocent people, nor the countless other homicides that go on in SoCal.

3) Completely overshadowed in this incident is the fact that two women driving a completely different make, model and color car as the Dorner were shot by LAPD for being mistaken for Dorner because they were driving in the area of one of his suspected target. Two females, different make, model and color truck..... the entire back side of the vehicle was riddled with bullets. It's clear that the LAPD is in a shoot first, ask questions later position. There is no way this guy will be taken in alive. Thier rash actions was a clear example of protecting the blue line that Dorner speaks of in his manifesto.

4) In reading his manifesto, it is not the ramblings of a crazy person, not someone who on a spur of the moment fit of rage. It is calculated and well thought out. He makes some very valid points that do demand some answers, regardless of the outcome of this event.

5) Am I the only one who clearly sees the burning of his truck an extremely clear and obvious move of misdirection? He had no need to actually burn his truck, but he knew it would send up a massive smoke signal that would draw the police like flies to a bug zapper, all the while tie up massive amounts of resources trying to navigate a cold and snowy terrain. He's probably 180 deg in the opposite direction laughing his ass off. He probably knows exactly when the protocol is to relax security and overtime pay and that's exactly when he will strike again. This again, only supports his claims from his manifesto; which only supports the idea that this is a fairly intelligent person whose claims shouldn't necessarily be blown off as the ramblings of a madman. I feel this takes on a completely different undertone than the mass shootings at Sandy Hook or Aurora.

Some food for thought:

1) After the first two people were killed, the police were treating this like any old homicide and not really putting any extra effort into finding out who did it. After one of their own officers were killed, then they put every single officer on patrol on an all out manhunt for this guy. It immediately jumped to their highest priority.

2) The bounty on his head $1M is the highest every issued for a fugitive from the LAPD and was only issued after their own officer was killed and it was clear his intent was to target officers and expose the LAPD. No such reward was posted after the murder of the two innocent people, nor the countless other homicides that go on in SoCal.

3) Completely overshadowed in this incident is the fact that two women driving a completely different make, model and color car as the Dorner were shot by LAPD for being mistaken for Dorner because they were driving in the area of one of his suspected target. Two females, different make, model and color truck..... the entire back side of the vehicle was riddled with bullets. It's clear that the LAPD is in a shoot first, ask questions later position. There is no way this guy will be taken in alive. Thier rash actions was a clear example of protecting the blue line that Dorner speaks of in his manifesto.

4) In reading his manifesto, it is not the ramblings of a crazy person, not someone who on a spur of the moment fit of rage. It is calculated and well thought out. He makes some very valid points that do demand some answers, regardless of the outcome of this event.

5) Am I the only one who clearly sees the burning of his truck an extremely clear and obvious move of misdirection? He had no need to actually burn his truck, but he knew it would send up a massive smoke signal that would draw the police like flies to a bug zapper, all the while tie up massive amounts of resources trying to navigate a cold and snowy terrain. He's probably 180 deg in the opposite direction laughing his ass off. He probably knows exactly when the protocol is to relax security and overtime pay and that's exactly when he will strike again. This again, only supports his claims from his manifesto; which only supports the idea that this is a fairly intelligent person whose claims shouldn't necessarily be blown off as the ramblings of a madman. I feel this takes on a completely different undertone than the mass shootings at Sandy Hook or Aurora.

Nice perspective, but if I see him I'm going to try to go for that 1 million dollar bounty and hopefully he gets a fair trail and a look in to the lapd.

Second thought is, I will be unarmed and the gun laws in California favor the criminals so I might have to be a sniper cell phone caller.

Even if he had valid issues regarding his termination from the LAPD you don't go out shooting innocent people. You go to the FBI and file a Civil Rights case and hire some known lawyer like John Burris to sue the department. Now all that is forgotten as he is just another crazy black murdering innocent people. I hope he has already taken his own life. I would hate to see good tax payer money being wasted to defend him after his cowardly acts.

Any valid points this guy might have had are now and forever nullified by what he did.

The guy is nuts. Period! As stated above there are avenues for getting heard in this country. I hope he has killed himself for the sake of the men searching for him. I man with his skill sets with nothing to loose is extremely dangerous. The fact that people are actually supporting him is the scariest of all.

Picture of the truck, two Asian women who were shot by LAPD while delivering newspapers.

dHkZjQx1.jpg

What the rest of truck drivers have been reduced to.

6kiHPXe2.jpg

^^ not to mention the cop shot up another truck not too long after the first one and the driver was a white guy. The cops claimed the driver wasn't hurt. They probably meant they didn't kill him, but he did get injured and got a concussion when his truck crashed and the airbag deployed after being shot at. The lawsuits are coming, and guess who will pay for it?

The lawsuits are coming, and guess who will pay for it?
No kidding. Can the taxpayers sue the LAPD? Maybe reduce salaries for a few years to pay for the settlements. Their actions are about as ridiculous as Dorner's, softened only by dumb luck and bad aim.
IMO the very public announcement of a review of Dorner's case is just a ploy to get him to come in. It's trivial at this point. He's a 3x murderer and will be executed or put in prison for life if ever captured alive.

One guy can cause this much of a disturbance. What are they going to do when they try and take the Guns and entitlement spending gets cut off at the same time.

Some food for thought...

You're confusing intelligence with sanity while ignoring his murder of innocent people. You can be intelligent, even highly intelligent, and posess critical reasoning skills yet still be one homocidal crazy ass mofo. There's just no getting around him killing people completely unrelated to his issues. That's not revenge. That's a nutjob.

I sense a trend here: (pen "manifesto" detailing perceived slights and mass injustice of the world + enough pop culture and trend references to endear the general public)/((Murder innocent people + LAPD errors) x Receive sympathy in bulk for perceived slights and mass injustice)) = woot! cult hero.

Meh, I'll pass on the anti-hero worship. Just read that Dorner called the father of the one of the slain victims and taunted the father about murdering his daughter. How incredibly sane and considerate.

You're confusing intelligence with sanity while ignoring his murder of innocent people. You can be intelligent, even highly intelligent, and posess critical reasoning skills yet still be one homocidal crazy ass mofo.

Nobody called him a hero. Nobody called him sane. Doesn't mean what he talked about isn't the truth. My response is more to some media outlets who refer to his manifesto as rage-filled ramblings, which is hardly the case. As I mentioned before, it is well thought out and not the ramblings of a brain damaged derelict, which many people want to vilify him as.

The reason people at least have some level of understanding for his cause is because we have all been screwed by a corrupt entity at one point or another. Most of us wouldn't take it to the level he has, but the core principle of what it stands for is still sound; even though the actions to justify it are off the wall nuts.

Secondly, as a gun advocate I would think you would at least appreciate the message it sends that a government entity can come to a crawl as a result of one well armed and trained civilian. It only backs up the need for the right to bear arms, that in light of an abuse of power from a corrupt government, that one person does have the ability to make a drastic difference. As misguided and deranged as he may be, the core principle is the same, should the government abuse their power and the need arises for the populous to rise up one can clearly see what one person can do. Imagine what a population of proper thinking, well armed people could do.

Last edited:
I see a lot of talk on here about "corrupt government" and I guess the implication is that the United States Government is corrupt. While I'm sure there is some level of corruption going on in our country I would argue that it is not as wide spread as people think. The United States is not perfect by and stretch of the imagination but it's not China or Syria either where you would be thrown in jail for having this dialogue.

Chris has to have one or more individuals helping him. If he planned this out well in advance, he could be using anyone from his childhood, to present day sympathisers to Charlie Sheen.
The easiest place for a large black man to hide is a major city such as Chicago or NYC. No one would give you a second look. The problem is transportation for him with weapons.

Even Greyhound uses metal detectors and asks for ID, you simply cannot use cash and hop a bus like 15 years ago. He is either holed up with a friend or living outdoors in a place it does not snow.

On second thought, he could have found some old geezer/woman living at home, tied her up and using his/her house as a base. I do know one thing, he won't get an inch within a LA cop at this point. And WTF with LA cops shooting two Asian ladies????????????????????????

Well, it seems he's holed up in a cabin in Big Bear after injuring a couple of police officers....watching it live.

Back