• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clear side markers Only took 20yrs to make

Re: Clear side markers!! Only took 20yrs to make

I just drove over to my friend's house to see what they look like on his black NSX.

764386835_8dChF-M.jpg

I love these! I will probably order a set once you get the price and final photos... I vote for them to come out just like in the pic above (no smoked option for me).

Changing out the bright orange corner lights is the 1st mod all the Porsche guys do to their cars. The only standard color side marker they sell is a light smoke color as it matches best with all paint colors.

The all clear version in your photos looks too bright in my opinion... especially considering my main objective is to make the corner lights less noticable. So just changing from a bright orange to a bright white doesn't do it for me. I'd definitely be interested in a slightly smoked color like the Porsche photo I attached below.

Sure my Porsche 996TT corners only cost me $20, but I totally understand the nsx is much lower volume. I have no idea what this will cost you, but for sure I'd be willing to pay up to $175 range for a pair if they were lightly smoked. Great job getting this moving forward!

Photo of the popular Porsche lightly smoked corner light:
4ebc_1.jpg

Last edited:

I'll be interested in a set of these as well.

I would also vote for the lightly smoked version but will take the white if that's whats available.

Will get one if color match my Formula One:biggrin: but it is nice than the amber one.

another vote for the smoke. I had a TL before and the smoke sidemarkers work well on white, black, and silver.

I would love to see matching sets all around the vehicle. Even if they wouldn't help as far as being a reflector, or a marker light, I think it would look neat. I think the clear up front looks great. Just don't go crazy on the price and everyone will buy.

This photo is probably the bet example of the true color. It is slightly smoked. It should match most cars pretty well. I got the color and pattern from a Mercedes SLK. And they got it pretty close to it.

This photo was taken late night in a garage with the flash on. The true color is not even close to this color. It is a result of the camera flash. This is what it would look like when a headlamp shines on it. I'm not sure if it meets DOT compliance, but it sorta reflects back light.

It sounds like it would be hard for you to change the color at this point in the game. However the 2004-2008 TL as smoked marker lights from the factory and it looks very trick. I think you might sell more if the color was closer to that look. Just my 2 cents, thanks for taking the time.

+1 on lightly smoked with an orange bulb...

The clear is obviously nice as well.

It sounds like it would be hard for you to change the color at this point in the game. However the 2004-2008 TL as smoked marker lights from the factory and it looks very trick. I think you might sell more if the color was closer to that look. Just my 2 cents, thanks for taking the time.

Actually, this is the perfect time to change the color. The only problem is that I need a consesus from you guys to justify doing it. I only get one chance with the color once production starts.

I'm trying to put up a poll, but it won't allow me after the thread is started. I might have to start another thread.

I'll go buy a TL sidemarker from my dealer tomorrow. Unless anyone has an extra one. Are all 04-08 TL side markers smoked?

I like the color the way it is. I think it will look cool on my sebring. I know one site has them but 450 bucks for them?? NO WAY! I hope the price of these will be much much lower. Im in for a set. Also, will you make a set of the rear markers?

I'm in for a set as well as long as the cost is within reason. Rear also, I might as well pre-book them too.
I'm a compulsive follower, so whatever DocVokl is into that is OK with me.
Lightly Smoked is my preference...:wink:

Because I got a black car, a darker smoke is preferable but I am not sure it's what other people want for their car. As long as it's not white cheap plastic looking like those clear corners that are ricey. I like it dark like below, I don't think you'll go there but doesn't hurt to ask. :)

332428434_o.jpg

Because I got a black car, a darker smoke is preferable but I am not sure it's what other people want for their car. As long as it's not white cheap plastic looking like those clear corners that are ricey. I like it dark like below, I don't think you'll go there but doesn't hurt to ask. :)

332428434_o.jpg

Although I like Malibu Rapper's version as well, but it will probably be the last color of choice.

After reading through this thread, it appears that the majority of the votes are leaning towards a light smoke version. It may be slightly smoked like you said, but the pictures makes them look like it just totally clear/white. A slightly more pronounced smoke version will be best IMHO, because it will go well with light and dark paint schemes.

Last edited:

I was like, eh.... but then i paint"shopped" them onto the car while sitting at work and ummmm yea, me likes :biggrin:

cant wait for more info!!!

before
SIMPLYCLEAN10JAN-JMJ-097.jpg

after
SIMPLYCLEAN10JAN-JMJ-0972.jpg

Does anyone have any other auto makes and models I should take a look at?

So far you guys have suggested to take a closer look at the Acura TL smoked side markers and the Porsche 996 clear side markers.

I plan on finding these cars today, and maybe buy a side marker or two. I'll try to take pictures next to one another to let you guys see the color difference.

I also saw these in person. they are very nice and i'm excited to get a set as well. thanks for making these

tom

Back