• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch replacement

Hi All Just wondering if any body can help, Have a Tilton Clutch which needs to be replaced but can not get gearbox off. Is there a clip or pin holding the bearing.Any help much Appreciated and Thanks in Advance.

Hi All Just wondering if any body can help, Have a Tilton Clutch which needs to be replaced but can not get gearbox off. Is there a clip or pin holding the bearing.Any help much Appreciated and Thanks in Advance.

Did you look in the free shop manual in the Wiki?
If not go to section 13 page 6

Thanks for the info JD Cross. From what I can see the thrust bearing is bolted to the gearbox. But it feels like something is holding the gearbox from coming ou. I have checked everything to make sure it is all off. Gear box moves 4-5 mm back and that's it.

its the clutch fork. it needs to be turned sidways almost then it will slide out like a teenager when the girls parents arrive home.

- - - Updated - - -

there are only like 6 bolts that hold it to the motor. 2 on each side and 2 at the top also the rear motormount I wasnt incuding them

Did you remove the dust plate underneath the gearbox? Part of this plate is behind the flywheel. So it will keep the lower part of the gearbox in place.

Thanks to everybody for the info, Still not out and can not see why. I don't have throw out fork, its thrust bearing directly bolted to gearbox, everything has been removed and gearbox moves 5mm Left and right but wont completely slide out. If it was a OEM clutch it would of been a lot easier there is plenty of info, but being a Aftermarket setup very hard to find any info. I have even checked the Tilton web site but no info.

It sounds like your input shaft Pilot bearing has seized onto the input shaft. or the clutch plate has seized on the input shaft.
If it's a tilton clutch then it will be a push clutch, correct? & you have an internal slave. i have seen a tilton bearing seize onto the Clutch.(welded itself) but you gan still pull the piston out of the slave.

What was the reason you decided to pull the trans? Was the clutch dragging? hard to change gears?

If this is the case then you're in trouble. the input shaft pilot bearing is behind the Flywheel. you will have to get forceful to get the trans off.

Back