• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DAY 1 - 1991 NSX road trip to The 'Nati

Today was a very special day as I purchased my first NSX!

She is a 1991 - as pictured below.

Made the road trip from 'The 'Nati to upper NW Ohio. The previous owner was very cool and great to work with. Thanx, Joe!

My son, Josh came along so we could get the car back to my home base in the same day. Weather in Ohio is cold now, but we got a break from rain or snow long enough to get it done. Return trip was 200 miles (and a few of you laughed when I posted a 'wanted' ad stating that I wanted to stay within 500 miles of home. Just remained patient). I drove hour 1 and then we stopped for lunch. Let Josh drive the next hour. He appears to be hooked! Then I finished the final leg to The 'Nati just as the sun was setting.

A perfect day? For me ... YES!

Attachments

• NSX_day1_34pass_view.JPG
    NSX_day1_34pass_view.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 221
Today was a very special day as I purchased my first NSX!

She is a 1991 - as pictured below.

Made the road trip from 'The 'Nati to upper NW Ohio. The previous owner was very cool and great to work with. Thanx, Joe!

My son, Josh came along so we could get the car back to my home base in the same day. Weather in Ohio is cold now, but we got a break from rain or snow long enough to get it done. Return trip was 200 miles (and a few of you laughed when I posted a 'wanted' ad stating that I wanted to stay within 500 miles of home. Just remained patient). I drove hour 1 and then we stopped for lunch. Let Josh drive the next hour. He appears to be hooked! Then I finished the final leg to The 'Nati just as the sun was setting.

A perfect day? For me ... YES!

road trip? and you stayed within ohio? i hope you take longer trips (to nicer places) in it than that :tongue: j/k

either way, enjoy the car... it looks really nice.....
get any salt on it on the way back?

nice find! i flew 2000 miles for mine :biggrin:

the wheels looks great being polished or is it chrome? either way it looks great!

The wheels are chrome.

Roads were dry until Dayton .. then a few light drops. She'll need a bath, but there is no salt marks or dirt up the side ... the picture was taken once I got home, so it came away from the trip fairly clean.

Here is a very short clip of my son driving by on the way home:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt20N89isZg

Sound is mostly wind noise ... but she does look nice!

Great looking car. I also flew about 2500 miles to pick my car up. enjoy, I know you will.

Red
Red
Red
Red
red
Red
Red

Nice choice!:biggrin:

Congrats on the NSX and what a fine color it is!

But really - do you guys in Ohio consider 200 miles a big deal? That's barely 3 hours.... I flew to Denver to buy mine and drove it hime to Austin over a weekend.

Congrats on the NSX!! It always makes me smile when I see people enthusiastic about a car purchase. Be sure to exercise proper care and feeding of your NSX.....regular drives and services and you will have a happy car. :wink: :biggrin:

Congrats from Cali to my home boy! Finally, you are in the club. Best of luck with the almost "right" color NSX.
stepp

Haha... 2700 mile drive home here.

Beat that! :biggrin:

i took a greyhound to the dealer that i bought mine at, got picked up in a lexus from the bus station by the salesman, and drove away in the nsx.

plane ticket was too spensive :tongue: of course i wasn't thinking that when i was sitting in the atlanta bus station for 6 boring hours:mad:

congratulation!!!!! it's a lovely color but i still prefer my berlina:tongue: 200 miles??? i wished, i flew from cali to oklahoma then drove it back, 1600 miles. welcome to the cloob.

Back