• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does ALB (ABS) work without TCS?

Recently my TCS light would turn on after 50 feet or so of driving and then the ABS light right after. I have since then removed the TCM so no more traction control because I felt it was dangerous since it would cut the power in the middle of turns and I don't really drive in bad weather anyways since I don't even have wipers on the car and it was jsut taking up weight. The ABS light still comes on after like 25ft of driving I had a non acura tech test the wheel speeds sensors during the clutch install but said they all looked good. Should i take it to Acura to get the code since I'm not fond of dealing with the OBD1 blinking lights to get the code? If the ALB system still works and and is a cheap fix I would like to keep it since It might be use full on the street. If not I will either remove it or save up to upgrade it.

My ABS works fine with TCS disabled. You might need want to try exercising the solenoids (search, you'll find it). That worked for me.

You have a 1991. Install the test jumper and read the code.

I am sure you are getting a 41, 42, 44, or 48

Interestingly enough, 44 "Right Rear" is the most common failure.

Now it could be the ABS computer, but not common at all, never had one fail myself, it is always the sensor:)

HTH,
LarryB

Taking the car to Acura tommorrow, ill just cough up the cash since it comes with an inspection.

Thats what i thought it was so the tuning shop took a look at it during the clutch install and he said they all measured the same. So Ím going to have Acura read the code and do there inspection since I dońt really want to deal with blinking lights and Ím curious how the car currently stands on thier inspection.

Back