• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone know what this is??

The original owner had a radar detector hard wired and I believe the little box at the top is for the radar. Does anyone know what the pointy plastic thing is below that?? I haven't traced the wires yet, but figured I would ask the Prime. Thanks
Jason

Attachments

• bumper sensor.jpg
    bumper sensor.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 357
Looks like a Bar-b-q Igniter.

It shoots lazer beam. Its a good mod when you got a slow driver in front of ya. One shot.... car.....gone. Just noticed your in west chester. Remind me never to piss you off. I dont want to get lazer beamed lol.

Last edited:
It shoots lazer beam. Its a good mod when you got a slow driver in front of ya. One shot.... car.....gone.

I want one... that would really come in handy. Where would I find one of those Lazers?

US Government issued? Possibly JamesBond or 007 dot com?

(sorry, I just couldn't pass on this one)

Car is a 1996 and doesn't have a outside temp display. Could it be part of the radar? I guess I will have to trace come wires.

I want one... that would really come in handy. Where would I find one of those Lazers?

US Government issued? Possibly JamesBond or 007 dot com?

(sorry, I just couldn't pass on this one)

I have one simple request and that is fricking NSX's with fricking lazer beams attached to their heads.

austin powers quote with an NSX in there lol

Looks like the ambient temp sensor.

What He said :rolleyes:

It is used in conjunction with the climate contol system.

Do a search for ambient temp sensor and you will see some pics.

Last edited:
That is an ambient temperature sensor but it doesn't look OEM. Your car possibly had an aftermarket mirror with a built in outside temperature display at one point.

Last edited:
My father purchased the car with 5k miles or so on it. I bought it off of him To my knowledge the mirror is original. As you mentioned it doesn't look like the oem sensors. Guess I don't need it.

My father purchased the car with 5k miles or so on it. I bought it off of him To my knowledge the mirror is original. As you mentioned it doesn't look like the oem sensors. Guess I don't need it.

You may not need it but your climate control unit does.

amb temp sensor. it doesnt look like mine though, possible jammer/scanner for the radar what kind do you have?

As others have pointed out, the lower "probe" looking item is the outside ambient temperature sensor. The upper "black box" device is a radar detector. I had a K40 installed in my car and the unit looked very similar to yours. If you check in the rear there is likely a similar box lurking near the license plate or rear valence.

Thanks, I will check that out as well as see what brand the detector is. It has to be out dated and probably won't pick up any radar that's used today. Ie laser. I believe NJ still uses old school radar but my state Pa is all about laser.

It could be a GPS tracker. The kind that the faceless men in black suits use. Are you wanted for anything? Do you know anything about aliens on this planet?

Thanks, I will check that out as well as see what brand the detector is. It has to be out dated and probably won't pick up any radar that's used today. Ie laser. I believe NJ still uses old school radar but my state Pa is all about laser.

It may not pick up lazer, but it will still pick up radar. If its in the freq range the detecter should pick it up. Most radar detectors pick up doppler RF in certain frequencies.

As for that little thing, have you traced the wires? Where does it go. What type of wires are they?

Last edited:
Back