• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dont know what to buy?

im dont know what to do, was thicking of buying an 03 nsx for about 65k,but then spoke to my local acura dealer and they had told me that the hsc will be out mid 05. Will the nsx take a major hit in price when the hsc comes out, just like the same thing that happen to the sl500,also made made it look old as well!What whould you do,wait 6 to 8 months for acura to take deposite on hsc or buy 03 nsx? help!!!!

First off, nobody knows if acura is even making a new car.

Second, buy the 03. :)

I disagree, patience is virtue in my book. If you wait 6-8 months and the new HSC does not come out, the same 03 NSX or many others like it will be around for the same price if not less. However if you choose to buy the 03 NSX now and wait 6-8 month (depending heavily on IF the HSC comes out) and decide on the HSC you might take a hit on resell that was deemed worthy or worthless depending on your financial position. Good luck.

Two things to consider:

1. Newer cars take a bigger hit on loss of market value - and this will be true regardless of whether the next-generation NSX arrives or not. If you are concerned about market value, buy an older NSX. If you buy wisely and maintain it well, you should be able to sell it for not much less than you buy it for, no matter what happens.

2. There is always something newer and better just around the corner. If that is a concern, you could wait forever - and never enjoy owning an NSX.

If you really want one, get one so you can enjoy it now!

I agree with Ken. Buy a 97 NSX for $45-47. Take good care of it and if by chance the next gen NSX comes along, you can sell it for nearly what you paid for it. The car is nearly identical to a 2002 other than cosmetics.

Again, we have no proof that Honda is even making a next gen NSX. Why wait for nothing. Enjoy now! :)

well from my point of view there will always be something better thats how things become old.But if i were to spend 60k or 65k now on an nsx and the hsc comes out mid 05,the car i now have would not be worth more than 50k tops,were i could of taken 65k and put it tords the hsc were later i can sellfor more than sticker,just like every other pretasesor.We all know that there is no 05 comeing out so that more than tells you that you can expect the 06 to be the new model comeing out in mid 05 for those that have order on them.

I say buy the NSX you can afford now. The HSC is still unconfirmed and if one comes out, it will likely be another 1 plus years from now. Who knows what it will cost, what the availability will be, etc. Buy the NSX, shop smart, buy smart and just enjoy.

Ennesssex said:
I disagree, patience is virtue in my book. If you wait 6-8 months and the new HSC does not come out

This would be good advice, except most of us have already waited 6-8 months THREE TIMES already for Honda's decision! Honda is dragging its feet to say the least, its president is infuriatingly vague about the next generation car, and in my book the EVO article solidified the fact that the HSC ain't hapnin'. The unfortunate truth is that the world has changed since the late 1980's and so has Honda Motor Co. They just seem to be paralyzed.

Move on with life. Get the car now. If you want a compromise beween the 2003 and low depreciation, go for a 1999-2000 MY.

andrewfl said:
if i were to spend 60k or 65k now on an nsx and the hsc comes out mid 05,the car i now have would not be worth more than 50k tops,were i could of taken 65k and put it tords the hsc were later i can sellfor more than sticker,just like every other pretasesor.We all know that there is no 05 comeing out so that more than tells you that you can expect the 06 to be the new model comeing out in mid 05 for those that have order on them.
Sounds like you have a crystal ball that lets you predict the future with 100 percent accuracy. If this is the case, invest your money in the stocks that your crystal ball say will increase in value the most! :D

I doubt the NSX will drop in price just because the HSC comes out.

I believe the reason why cars like the 911, SL500, M3, and Corvette lose value quickly after a new model is because each new model builds off the same name as the previous model.

When Ferrari builds a car, they give each car an identity. That way when a new one comes out, they previous models aren't lost.

If you have any doubts, just wait.

Last edited:
I would agree with all posts.

I would add that you would have to see what the HSC price is if it comes out..before attempting to assess the resale value of a NSX.

also I would consider where you live on the resale value of NSX...

Have you ever purchased a computer? WHY? If you waited 6-8 months you could have gotten a faster one for less money, and in the meantime the one you bought depreciated a lot.

If you want an NSX get one.

If you always want to wait to see what's coming next, there will always be a reason to put it off for 6-8 months. Now you want to wait to see what happens mid-year in 2005. And even then, are you really going to want to buy it right away? Would you want to wait to see if any problems are discovered or would you just buy it the first day they hit dealers? Add at least 6 months. What if there are huge waiting lists and markups over MSRP for a while? How many years are you going to wait? And you don't even know the timeline for the process to begin.

PS. Please run spellcheck, it's very hard to read your posts! :(

Back