• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double Din radio that flows with the NSX dash?

Im looking for a nice radio with ipod hook up that flows with the OEM colors or the dash...

please help me out...post some pictures of it light up if you can. Also suggested source to buy it from.

Thanks

thanks man! I want mine to look just like that second link.

anyone have any other radios?

thanks man! I want mine to look just like that second link.

anyone have any other radios?

yea both links are the same unit... which is what I have but not installed just yet. Good luck!

I like the current Alpine double-din units as they look very clean.

IVA-W505P1.jpg

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/series-c.php?category=AV_HU

Im looking at the f900bt instead of the f90bt....anyone on here using that one? From what Im told one dif is the 900 doesnt come with the ipod cord and its a 1 year warrenty not 2 years. (But i can get shop warrenty)

I recently installed the F90BT. Very similar in functionality to the F900BT, but for only $100 more retail, you get the ipod interface cable (CD-IU230V) which retails for about $80 brand new, the hi-volt 4.0 preouts as opposed to the 2.2v, and the extra 1-yr factory warranty.

I recently installed the F90BT. Very similar in functionality to the F900BT, but for only $100 more retail, you get the ipod interface cable (CD-IU230V) which retails for about $80 brand new, the hi-volt 4.0 preouts as opposed to the 2.2v, and the extra 1-yr factory warranty.

great info!!

Im looking at about $759 for the 900 with the ipod cable, installed. Good, bad? Should I get the 90 with the SOS harnesses and install it myself?

yea that SOS dual din CF piece is the reason Im looking at these radios in the 1st place. :redface:

I think the stock system sounds great! (Coming from a ITR owner of 9 years...and if you know ANYTHING about how shitty THAT system is...and how loud it is in the ITR youll know why i think its great) I have read it goes bad though and Im not one that likes to do things twice. Sould I just replace all the speakers? If its only because of "sound" im good with how the stock system sounds...if its going to go bad on me then I might just change it out. Input?

yea that SOS dual din CF piece is the reason Im looking at these radios in the 1st place. :redface:

I think the stock system sounds great! (Coming from a ITR owner of 9 years...and if you know ANYTHING about how shitty THAT system is...and how loud it is in the ITR youll know why i think its great) I have read it goes bad though and Im not one that likes to do things twice. Sould I just replace all the speakers? If its only because of "sound" im good with how the stock system sounds...if its going to go bad on me then I might just change it out. Input?

well remember the OEM system is setup like this:

Head unit >
Amp >
Powering both Sub & Door Speakers

if that makes any sense haha

So its best (but more expensive) to replace the amp, sub and door speakers...... :p

Last edited:
ampS. plural. one per door then a third for the sub.

the ipod cable that comes with the f90bt is trash. spend $50 on the apple composite cable. its made ten times better. i just replaced my wife's and my manager's cables because they go bad.

you can always change the head unit, decide if its enough for you then expand later if you choose.

you can always change the head unit, decide if its enough for you then expand later if you choose.

OK that helps...and I had no idea it was running that many ampSSSSS. lol...so let me ask you this, if THEY are replaced, one amp with do with multiple channels?

Also, I heard now buying Pioneer units online don’t always have the factory warranty’s? This true to anyone’s knowledge?

One more thing...so you think its worth it to just get the 900 since it would come with an aftermarket ipod cable? (since its a good idea to replace the cable anyway) $759 installed is sounding better and better to me...I dont know...Ive never been into the stereo stuff since my ITR was drag/jDm inspired. So Im living out a life long dream here with my 1st aftermarket radio....lmfao jk

Last edited:
OK that helps...and I had no idea it was running that many ampSSSSS. lol...so let me ask you this, if THEY are replaced, one amp with do with multiple channels?

Thats how the SoS Stage 1 and 2 systems work... everything runs thru one amp and then the sub and 2 door speakers are run thru that... but its not cheap! I want it so bad ;)

Yea Im not THAT into the sound to waste more money...i like how it sounds now just fine so Ill just get the radio.

Im starting to hear bad things about the Pioneer unit and how slow they are...
how fast is the boot up time for the 90 with the ipod hooked up? Ive heard its a nightmare? Also...I heard software update 3.0 is due out for it soon? June time frame?

Yea Im not THAT into the sound to waste more money...i like how it sounds now just fine so Ill just get the radio.

Im starting to hear bad things about the Pioneer unit and how slow they are...
how fast is the boot up time for the 90 with the ipod hooked up? Ive heard its a nightmare? Also...I heard software update 3.0 is due out for it soon? June time frame?

I dont think Pioneer is going to release another firmware but i could be wrong.... the ones being sold now are on 2.0... and if you turn off the catalogining on your ipod, it wont take that long to boot up. with VC cataloging on, it has to re-index your ipod every time u turn on the car.

and the new AVIC units are great!

I dont think Pioneer is going to release another firmware but i could be wrong.... the ones being sold now are on 2.0... and if you turn off the catalogining on your ipod, it wont take that long to boot up. with VC cataloging on, it has to re-index your ipod every time u turn on the car.

and the new AVIC units are great!

Actually I heard that they are releasing a new firmware. There are some cool hacks for the Avic F series but still using the unit it's a big sluggish IMO. I expect the next generation of these to be much better...

Maybe I'm being picky, but I dont like how the console needs to be cut narrower to fit the bottom portion of the screen.

What you mean? Like how it gets thinner towards the bottom on the sides of the radio? I hope thats not what ur talking about cuz that matter ZERO IMHO lol

lmfao!!

I decided to go with the F900BT but still need the CF console (not the trim) Can anyone point me in the right direction to pick one up?

not all consoles are like that...... mine is not cut like that... I guess SoS made it that way so you can mount the unit tilted forward.... I like it flush no tilt. :smile:

Maliburapper, wanna help me install all this stuff? lol :eek::cool:

lmfao!!

I decided to go with the F900BT but still need the CF console (not the trim) Can anyone point me in the right direction to pick one up?

Btw, we need pics of ur car first! lol

I got mine from another user here on prime... not a bad price. I would just go with the SoS and paint it. :)

Btw, we need pics of ur car first! lol

I got mine from another user here on prime... not a bad price. I would just go with the SoS and paint it. :)

Ive posted pics of my car already its called "My Imol mini shoot" or something like that.

And no way Id paint that center piece in this car!!! Everything else is CF...gotta keep it going. And I think the over lay is kinda cheapy...I want the whole piece all CF. :frown: I just saw a topic go "SOLD" that i missed and kicked myself in the ass!

EDIT:

here are some pics http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121042

Last edited:
Back